002 Cancel

We're not broken (just bent)

 

The weekends sure ends in a flash. Baekhyun spent them with Kyungsoo, Luhan and Minseok. He has offered them to sleep over and Mr. And Mrs. Byun gladly welcoming them in. 

On Monday morning, Baekhyun keep his nerdy look and for once after the weekends, he tried to smile in front of his reflection in the mirror. However, the smile is not as perfect as before when they were still dating. He looks down. Avoid looking at himself who seems so broken and awful. He takes a deep breath and proceed his way to have breakfast.

"Baek? You're not feeling well?" Mrs. Byun asked. The said boy sits down on the dining. "If you are, then I'll make an excuse to your teacher." The mother said softly. Baekhyun let out a smile which has not reach his eyes. 

"No, mom. I'm okay. Just..." He avoid his mom's eyes.

"Baek, do you have a problem? You can tell me, right?" Mrs. Byun sat beside her son. 

"Nothing, mom. Just feel a bit chilly." He tries to show his adorable smile to his mom. "Hmmm..." He turns to his breakfast served on the table. "My favorite!" 

Mrs. Byun shows her disapproved expression. "You said that to all my dishes." She pouted. Baekhyun just showed his signature innocent smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is it. Another day at school with all eyes on him. A sigh escaped his mouth. By then, a male come to his way. "Morning, Baekkie!" Minseok greets cutely.

The three friends that slept over the weekends grew fond of the multimillions' son. They helped Baekhyun to get over the incident and keep going forward. Baekhyun gladly accepted their helps but he can not guarantee that he could do it easily. 

Baekhyun let out a smile to Minseok which was replied with the same smile. They both walk together through the dreadful hallway. The students kept on talking about last week incident. It seems that they found a new subject to talk about... Four fooled nerds. Minseok keeps his smiling face but scoff in his head because he is sure that everyone would be on their knees and apologize profusely to Baekhyun when they know who exactly the latter is. 

As they reached Minseok's classroom, they bid goodbye before Baekhyun continue his steps to his. Without knowing that he is being watch, he steps into his class, still no words been spoken. He sits in his seat and open the book for the period. Eyes never leaving the book even the class being loud when The Park Chanyeol enters. 

Not long after, the teacher of the period enters and the class proceed with Baekhyun ignored his surrounding and the watching eyes are still on him for the rest of the day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time rolled over and the students went to the cafeteria. Baekhyun takes his time to shove his things into his bag. He did not realizes that he is not alone in the class. It is frustrating the watcher to be ignored his presence to the one who he is watching. 

Baekhyun slung his bag over his shoulder before steps out from the class but not before being pulled by the arm. He lands softly onto a wide chest behind him. After regain his stability, he turns around and snatches his arms harshly after knowing who had stopped him. "What?" He asked coldly.

Baekhyun stares hard into the other's unreadable eyes. The other just stand there speechless. 

"Hey, Chanyeol, can I-..." Baekhyun turns his gaze to the sudden interruption. He looks at Chanyeol again when the new person shuts his mouth up at Baekhyun's glare. 

"If you doesn't have anything to say, stop stopping me and..." Baekhyun forms a tight fist on his side. "...stop touching me. I am no one's property to be touch so carelessly. As for you to know, I am a fragile glass that could be broken with a slight touch by your hands." The former voices it with full venom. Baekhyun then steps back before takes a run towards the cafeteria.

The new comer just now just watch the scene as if it was a drama on television. He looks into Chanyeol's face and sense something that he had learn to know since a year and a half ago. "I think-..."

"Just shut up, Jongdae." Chanyeol sighs. 

"No, I really think that you should take him back if you feel this miserable." 

"I can't." Chanyeol whispers while looking down. He shakes his head softly. "I can't make him mine again."

Jongdae scrunch his forhead, confused. "Why though? I saw it with my own eyes that both of you are head over heels for each other. What's wrong with not being together?" He now arches an eyebrow. 

Chanyeol looks up hopelessly, eyes showing loneliness. "I just can't." 

Jongdae takes a deep breath before he heaves it loudly. "Okay. It's up to you. Either you tell me what is wrong with your head or get lonely for all I care." But as Jongdae turns around to get out of the class, he hears Chanyeol's voice out lowly with some cracks hidden. He never gets a major shock like this in his whole life.

"I'm getting married." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun-ah, here." Luhan waves his hand up to Baekhyun as soon as he enters the cafeteria. Other students shows their discomfort through the expressions. Not comfortable at all about nerds waving his hand to their friends. 

But... Why do they care?

Baekhyun smiles a little before he go through and sits beside Kyungsoo. "Hey, guys." 

"Yah! Don't 'hey' us! What took you so long after the bell for lunch?" Luhan switches on his mother figure mood. 

"Nah... Just something hold me up for a while." Baekhyun smiles reassuringly. "So, what do you have for lunch?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After school time is over, Chanyeol gather his friends, KimJong brothers and Sehun, at their favorite café. They demand an explanation on what had Chanyeol told to Jongdae earlier.

"So, who is it?" Jongin asks curiously.

Chanyeol grimaces. "I don't know. My mom told me on friday and showed me his picture but I did not take a look at all. All she said that I catched on was 'the mysterious Byun's heir'." 

"Wow! I've heard about it too! The multimillionaire couple's son. They had been hiding their own son behind the camera since he was born. I think he is now the same age as us." Sehun said thoughtfully. 

"Well, you might have a partner who is rich as hell. Bet that he is handsome, genius, cold, and all positives and negatives adjectives. Maybe he is a perfectionist." Jongdae joins in. 

"You guys are no help." Chanyeol hit his forhead on the table. Jongin, Jongdae and Sehun are looking at each other before shaking their heads simultaneously. "Eurghh..." Chanyeol groans.

Sehun takes a sip on his warm latte. "What do you want us to do?"

"I think it is not a bad idea at all. Your future husband may be the perfect one for you. You're both young and not to forget that both are rich. It is our standard." Jongin tries to assure Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol straightens up his body and faces his friends. Eyes are unreadable. "I..." He contemplates. "Even if we're perfect for each other, when there's no love in between, it is no use." 

It turns the three to be silent. They could not argue anymore. It is true. Their parents might be perfect for one another but when there is no love, they are not happy. 

Yes, all of their parents' marriages were arranged by their granparents. And it is not good at all. They're all abandoned by their parents and being spoiled by their maids and butlers. While Chanyeol? His mom never knows what he wanted in life and what not.

However, the three friends knew that Chanyeol had been in love with the Baek nerd before. They could see the happy Chanyeol everyday after school and whenever they had their bonding times. 

Ever after the incident last week, Chanyeol always staring into spaces and keep on ignoring the three. Now, when they know the reason on why would Chanyeol not getting his love back, they also felt sad about it. 

"I think..." Chanyeol sighs. "I'll just do whatever my mom wants then."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah... I know. Don't worry mommy." Baekhyun chuckles into the phone. That night, his friend could not leave him alone since the incident. He hears a raging voice on the other line.

"What?! Since when did I turn out to be your mom?" Kyungsoo questions with rage. "Whatever, just go to sleep without thinking about that okay?" 

Baekhyun smiles sweetly even he knows Kyungsoo could not see it. "Yeah." He whispers but reassuringly. "Thank you, Kyung."

With that, they ended their phone call and Baekhyun lands his body on his bed. "Hmm... How can I not thinking about him when my parents want him to be their son-in-law?" Baekhyun asks no one in particular. 
He then closes his eyes, maybe he should just avoid the taller till their family meeting this weekend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since then, Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol like a plague. Everytime Baekhyun is in Chanyeol's sight, he always disappeared in the thin air before Chanyeol can reach him. 

Chanyeol then accepted that maybe this way is the best. He will get marry to his mom's choice while Baekhyun can look for his new potential boyfriend.

Even so, Chanyeol could not imagined Baekhyun in the other's arms. Hugs him so securely. Away from his reach. He can not accept the fact that Baekhyun will be happy with other people who is not him. He remembered every time that they spent together for over a year. 

Now that reminded him. The shorter always asked him about his life while he gladly spurted out lies after lies. He never had the urge to ask anything about the nerd. He told anything but lies to Baekhyun other than about his father while he knows nothing about Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol feels like he wanted to punch himself for being stupid. He just knows that when Baekhyun smiles, the smile shaped like a square, his eyes sparkles, his ears turn red, his cheeks pull up and that smile brighten up the world. Baekhyun's smelled like a combination of chocolate and vanilla everytime they near each other. Those are all he knows about Baekhyun. 

How pathetic...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Bye, Baekkie." Minseok waves to Baekhyun when they parted ways at the front gate of school. Kyungsoo had to stay back and tutor someone in the library while Luhan had to go home quickly just now. 

It is Friday. The day before Baekhyun and Chanyeol's family meeting and probably talking about the marriage.

Baekhyun bit his lower lips. The marriage will happen...

Or not if he could persuade his parents not to.

Baekhyun never has been so eager to be home quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good luck, bro, for tomorrow's dinner." Sehun pats on Chanyeol's shoulder and proceeds his way home.

Chanyeol just sighs. "There's no luck to begin with." He whispers before he strode over to his black Lamborghini.

Maybe this is his fate. Arranged marriage. Aging with no love in life. His fate is never feel the love he yearned for a long time. 

A sigh escaped his mouth before he starts his engine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Over the dinner, Baekhyun could not sit still as his parents are talking about their achievements in business. Mr. Byun sense the uncomfortable boy in his seat. "What is wrong, son?" He shows his concern expression. 

Luckily, Baekhyun's parents were married based on love. No one objected their vow twenty something years ago and that lead to a happy life of Byun family now. 

Baekhyun fidgets in his seat before calming himself to start a topic about tomorrow. "Urm... It is about... Tomorrow."

"Oh, about the family meeting?" Baekhyun nodded hesitantly. "Okay... What is it about?"

"What's wrong, Baek?" Mrs. Byun now too shows her concern.

"Can we... Can we not proceed the marriage?" Baekhyun looks down. He is afraid if his parents ignored his wish. He is also afraid if his parents will be mad at him.

It was a deafening silence. Baekhyun scolds himself in his mind. Of course they would be m-...

"Okay, son. If you are not fond of the idea, we can cancel it. We know that you have your own reason. We're not forcing you into anything. It's your life." Baekhyun looks up to his father. Confusion but relief shown on his face. Mr. Byun just smiles reassuringly. 

"But do you want to talk about it? Weren't you said that he's your lover?" Mrs. Byun asks. Baekhyun turns to his mother. He is speechless. No word that he could form in his head. He never thought that he could go this far.

"Huh?" Still can not comprehend the situation, he asked dumbly. His face shows so much emotions at once that his parents tend to laugh silently. 

"Okay, I'm sure that you'll tell us everything once you understand the situation but we'll still go to the family meeting tomorrow because I haven't meet my friend for a long time now. Okay, sweety?" Baekhyun just nods slowly as he respects his mother's decision. 

He succeed in persuade his parents to not let the wedding happen so he could not resist any more wishes from them. Therefore, Baekhyun can feel a burden left his shoulder and he continues dinner with his usual chatter mouth with his parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun awakes with a small satisfied grin. He does not need to think about any marriage anymore. He strode to the shower with an evil idea in mind. Now, he could not wait for the family meeting this night.

He will show just who is Byun Baekhyun really. A smirk creeps on his mouth while he turns on the shower. The evil idea never leave his mind until he's done preparing himself for the whole ride today.

"Morning, mom, dad." Baekhyun greets his parents cheerfully. His eyes disappear as they turn to be crescent while he is smiling. He skids to the dining table before flops down on a chair situated infront of Mrs. Byun. 

"Morning, honey. It's been a week since we missed your full smile like this." 

"Mooommm..." Baekhyun groans. "Don't be so dramatic." He pouts.

Mrs. Byun smiles fondly. "You want to go somewhere? Why are you dressing nicely?" Baekhyun then smiles cutely. 

"Mom, dad, may I borrow the car today? I'm going to round the city with my friends." 

Mr. Byun frowns. "Okay but don't forget about tonight." 

"Don't worry, mommy, daddy, I'll be there but you guys go on first. I'll go straight to the restaurant once I've send my friends home." 

"Okay then. Take care though I know that you're probably planning something." Now, the both of them smiles and laughing together.

They knew that their son is planning something but never know what exactly is running in the head of Baekhyun's.

 

 

 

 

 

To: Grouppie
Kyung? Lu? Min? Are you guys free? I need your company to the city today. I have some makeover to do.