005 Forgiveness

We're not broken (just bent)

 

Baekhyun sigh after he takes a sip of his canned coffee drink from the vending machine in the hospital hallway. He is currently in the hospital park, staring far ahead.

He had woken up with stiff neck and cramped back and also the questioning lingering touch on his face and hair. Chanyeol haven't woken up at all. He waited for a bit more minutes before he moves and here he is right now. Staring at nothing. He should prepared himself. If Chanyeol do wake up, what will he say? In fact, he just accompany the former for the night. He cannot just say I'm just here to chill or anything like that. 

He inhaled a deep breath before throwing the empty coffee can into a trash bin. Walking along the way to the taller's room. As he entered without even knocking, because he is sure enough that the latter has not woken up yet. He closes the door and turns around just to meet eyes with the patient on the bed. The taller seems to be in shocked too because he was assured himself that Baekhyun must be home already because he's alone when he opened his eyes thirty minutes before. 

Baekhyun had no chance to run away now as Chanyeol knows his attendance. "You're awake." Baekhyun tried to appear as nonchalantly as ever, as if they're the normal college friends with no memories together. "Had the doctor checked you up?" Baekhyun stares at the almost faded bruised face with an expressions that shows a bit of concern as he still stand by the door, as if they're just friends that cared for one another. 

"Uhh..." Chanyeol stammered for a bit before he smiled slightly because he knew that he deserves the treatment he received. "Not yet. I've just woke up." 

"Well, you've been out for about a week. Doctors need to check you up."

"... You still cared for me." Chanyeol mumbles but Baekhyun could hear.

"No. I was just worried for Mrs. Park as you're her only son." Chanyeol pursed his lips while he looks into Baekhyun's eyes who is trying his hard not to show any emotions. Baekhyun knows that the patient has something to say so he waited.

"Urm... Can we..." Chanyeol looks down to his fingers that playing with the while blanket on his lap. "Can we start over?" It came out as a whisper but Baekhyun does hear it due to the silence in the ward room. 

Before Baekhyun could answer or even think about the answer, growling could be heard from Chanyeol's stomach indicating that the taller had been hungry because of him sleeping for the entire week. Chanyeol feels hot blush spread through his cheeks before squeezes his eyes close, biting his inner cheeks and hands clutching to his tummy. Why, for all the time, he had to be hungry now?! 

Baekhyun fight the urge to chuckle. "I'll call the doctor." He turns around and reaches for the knob.

He opens the door to step out but not before he hear Chanyeol's soft pleading voices. "Please, I'll wait for your answer."

Baekhyun heaves a sigh while searching for a doctor. He had the answer ready. He just need to say to Chanyeol and it will be settled then.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had called his parents and Mrs. Park that Chanyeol had woken up from his deep sleep and the doctor is taking care of Chanyeol. He steps into the room when the doctors had came out and meet with a sight that is too adorable for his heart. 

Chanyeol stuffed his mouth full with rice provided by the nursed. Obviously, he's suffering hungriness and make it up to the whole week he had been out. His cheeks puffed like a squirrel saving it food in the cheeks as he looks up to Baekhyun. Eyes blink repeatedly before continues chewing the food after he nods slightly at the latter. 

"I've called Mrs. Park. She will be here in a few." Baekhyun states as he sits on the chair beside the bed where he had spent the night on. He watches Chanyeol eating eagerly as I'd he wanted to finish it faster so he could have some talk time with Baekhyun. A silence lingers in the room with the sounds of spoon meeting the bowl before Chanyeol drinks some plain water and set the empty dishes aside. 

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun with a serious expression. "I am sorry for my stupidity all this time. Now that I've been thinking, I somehow knew your answer." Chanyeol starts. Baekhyun looks up to face the taller, poker face on. "I will not leave you alone. I will bother you until you accept me again and I will make you love me again." Chanyeol declares full of determination. 

Baekhyun's eyes narrowed. "What are you saying?" 

"You will have my existence constantly around you that will make you have no choice but to accept my feelings again." Chanyeol pursed his lips after. He does afraid of hearing Baekhyun's answer even though he knew already but he wanted a chance to begin again. "I will woo you again, Baek."

"You..." Baekhyun scoffed. "I think you've misunderstood something. I don't want you in my life again. I've had enough. I don't want to involve around you anymore. I've given you the chance before and you gave it away. I don't want to do anything with you after we step out from this place." Even though the words piercing through his heart, Chanyeol still showing his seriously determined face. 

"I-I... I thought that I will be married with someone and that is the thing that will get in our relationship. I didn't know it was you. I had to follow my mom's request. I... I still love you. Please. I need you." Chanyeol stuttered a bit. He plead with his teary eyes.

Baekhyun gets up from his seat. Eyebrows furrowed. Face showing a pure anger. "It does not mean that you can play with our hearts. The nerds. Do they look easy on you guys? You think that we have strong heart to endure all the pain you leave for us? I just knew, rich people like you guys are heartless. I should have known before taking the bait of your lies." Chanyeol flinches. 

"I... I am sorry."

Baekhyun hissed before making his way to the door. Chanyeol followed Baekhyun's figure with his eyes.

"Give me three months." Baekhyun stopped moving as he touch the knob. "Three months for making it right. Three months to have you back. Three months and I'll be gone before you know it." 

With that, Baekhyun takes his leave. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On Wednesday morning, second week of July, Baekhyun steps into the school ground full of awareness as he remembered that his mother said Chanyeol had checked out of the hospital the night he awoke. He is sure, really sure that Chanyeol will be at school and messing the hell out of his mind. He need to ignore the taller. 

"Baek!!" The said person jerks as he turns around to face with the panting Minseok. He recovered from his shock and shows his smile to the elder. "Oh my... I've been tired so easily these days. I'm getting too old for college." This brings a bright smile from Baekhyun. He chuckles a bit.

"Yeah. Too old to be my friend." He jokes. Minseok looks up with flabbergasted face. 

"How could you, Baek!" He punches lightly on Baekhyun's shoulder and they laughed. 

"Good morning, Baek, Min." The deep voice makes the two startled and turn to the source. Chanyeol, with his new rich image but with hair down and small smile adorning his face. Minseok blinks his eyes but still sealed his mouth. Why would Chanyeol, who just admitting that he's a typical arrogant and ignorant rich people, saying the greetings to his former nerdy friends. Moreover, his image does showing his new personality, styling as the rich but behaving as the nerd before the revelation. Maybe he had hurt on his head and effecting his brain when the incident happened, it is Minseok's thought anyway.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he looks away from Chanyeol and crossed his arms on his chest. Minseok witnessed a slight downward of Chanyeol's lips corners before the smile return even if it's small. "Uhh... Morning?" Minseok replied after a long pause.

"See you later." Chanyeol steps away from the two. 

"What's wrong with him?" Minseok tilts his head to a side, face with pure confusion. "Baekkie, you have any idea?" 

"No." Baekhyun deadpanned and Minseok flinches a bit. "Let's go to the class now." A few moments later, Baekhyun is back to his character and meet with Kyungsoo and Luhan along the way. 

In the class, even though Baekhyun and Chanyeol placed in the same class, with Chanyeol's eyes on Baekhyun for the whole class, Baekhyun ignored his presence all the time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Came lunch time, Baekhyun was conversing with his friends but halted in the middle because a tall person is now standing beside their table with a tray of lunch in hands. The taller fidgeting and biting his bottom lip. The four that occupied the table look up. Now, they realized that the whole cafeteria were looking at their direction, trying to discover out why Chanyeol is standing there, around the nerds.

Luhan is the first to voice out. "What do you want?" The laughter voice is now not apparent and replace by cold voice. Minseok reaches for Luhan's arm and squeezes lightly.

"Lulu, let me." Minseok said and looks up again to the fidgeting taller. "Chanyeol, what is wrong?" 

Chanyeol takes a deep breath. "May I eat with you guys?" He then jerks when Luhan snorted, really loud.

"You wanted to eat with the nerds? Don't you notice that you will have you pride crushed?" Hint of sarcasm but Chanyeol ignored. 

"I don't care." Chanyeol said while he gazed straight to Luhan. "Now, I want to make it up with you. With all of you, so please, let me." He plead lowly. He eyes all of them and stayed at Baekhyun who is looking down on his lunch instead of the newcomer. 

"Okay, Chanyeol. Here. Sit here." Minseok gesture the seat beside him which fortunately straight in front of his heart (read: Baekhyun). Chanyeol quickly sits down before any protest could be heard and he looks on his front where Baekhyun is showing a sad face to the food.

"Minseok!! Why?!!" Luhan whined. "I did not approve!" 

"Lulu. Don't worry. He is sorry, right Chanyeol? Anyway, we've forgiven them. Didn't we?" Minseok asks. Chanyeol nods slightly.

"Mine was half hearted by the way. So, I have a right to prevent him from entering our circle of friends." Luhan huffed and continue eating.

Kyungsoo had been in silence as he studied the expression on Chanyeol's face as he stared at Baekhyun. Expression that shows sad, regret, guilt and longing. All of that goes unnoticed by Baekhyun but not for the other three. Luhan admitted that he feels sorry for the taller but not enough for him to accept him. 

Not long after, another three people come to the table that lingers silence. Luhan rolled his eyes as they meet the eyes of Sehun's. "More troublemakers." Luhan mumbled with a sigh but being heard by the people around him. 

Kyungsoo who is unexpectedly blushing red starts to look everywhere but Jongin. Minseok smiled a little at the three of them. "Yes?" He asks nicely. He is just that nice to be mean at Sehun, Jongin and Jongdae. 

"Can we join too?" Jongdae speaks up as no one would say anything. 

Minseok smiled and about to answer but Luhan beats to it. "No. One is enough. We don't need any of attention seekers more here." 

"Lulu..." Minseok whines.

Sehun's eyes twitched a little. This deer does has the nerves but somehow, the feeling of anger and irritated does not appear in his heart but sad and disappointment instead. 

"Why, Min? I've forgave them even half of my forgiveness but it does not mean that they can act like it's nothing happened between us. They cannot be so innocent and played with us again. What if they're just trying to make us fall in their trap again by making us forgive them and then said that we're easy to please? We're damn easy to fool. And we're fu*king easy to fall for their stupid rich game of bet?! And what? The prize is now a big castle?!" Luhan snaps. He had said it out loud and the whole cafeteria fell in silence to hear Luhan's voice. 

No one had dared to go against the rich students because they have power over them and obviously money to make them drop to their knees for forgiveness but not Luhan at the moment. The nerd just snapped at the popular rich students and the students around hold their breath for the awaiting comeback from Sehun who take all the blast because Luhan happened to say all of them while eyeing so dangerously scary at Sehun.

Chanyeol froze in his seat because yeah, why would they accepting the apology and be friend? It takes a lot of effort to win back their full trusts. Now they all know the feeling of being insults in front of the whole college. 

Fortunately, none of them had taken it to heart because it's natural as the nerds are still hurt with their doings. 

"We know that we're wrong. We know that apology is not enough. That is why we're here. Mending our wrongdoing and be nice to you. We are trying to reflect and starts over with you. Even if it will take times, we will try hard until you could forgive us wholeheartedly." Sehun said with full determination and Jongin and Jongdae nods firmly. They could hear that people around them gasped at the statement. 

Luhan was speechless. He does not know what to say. He thought that Sehun will fight back and that is the more reason to not forgive them completely but Sehun did the exact opposite of his thought despite what happened at the hospital last Monday. 

With the silence, Baekhyun move over and closer to Kyungsoo and invite them to sit. It's cramped with 8 people to sit around the round table but they make it happened. 

Though, the silence lingers for the rest of the lunch until the bell rang indicating the end of last unch time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It happened for the rest of the week. The four popular and handsome boys will come over and sits with the four nerds. Although it was silent, they makes a severe eye contacts with one another.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next Monday, third week of July, Chanyeol fastened his steps towards Baekhyun who on his way to the car that awaited him at the block away from college. The bruises on his face he had last week is now barely seen. It had been a hot topic that Chanyeol involved with street fight and the issue spread like wildfire in college but he does not care. What he cared now is that Baekhyun slowly getting out from his grasp.

He need to act fast.

"Baekhyun!" He called. The said person turns around and frown as he saw who called for him. Chanyeol pants for a bit as he reached the smaller.

"What?" Baekhyun said, unemotionally. 

"Let's... Let's go on a date." Chanyeol states and bit his inner cheeks while waiting for the answer. 

"No." 

He knew it. "Sorry to say but I insist." Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's wrist gently before dragging the dumbstruck Baekhyun to the cafe they always hanged out after school as long as they had been dating. Oh... How Chanyeol wish that Baekhyun will be his date again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris, the driver, who had been waiting for awhile now pouting because be just received a message from his young master, saying that he will be home later. Now he grumpily drove off to go home as his husband, TaoTao is waiting. Baekhyun should have told him earlier and he can save the time to be with his hubby. 

As much as he respects the young master, he just cannot tolerate the last minute announcement from the smaller. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×

~Deleted scenes.~

Kyungsoo yelped as he's being dragged into an empty classroom. He was ready to scream and crying for help if the person wanted to do something vulgar to his body. Before he could do anything, even panicking, the class lit up bright as that person switched on the light. 

"Don't worry, it's me." Jongin said.

Kyungsoo frown as his eyes adjusted with the light. "Because it's you that I need to go." Kyungsoo turned around to step out but Jongin grasped his arm.

"No, wait. I have something to tell you. About Chanyeol." 

With that, Kyungsoo turned back around and crossed his arms on his chest. "What is it?" He arched an eyebrow. 

"He is in the hospital right now." Kyungsoo's frown turned to concern as he heard that. "He had been fighting with street gangsters last Monday because he drank and drunk. We did not know the cause but we just wanted you and your friends to come and visit Chanyeol. I hope you guys could forgive us." Jongin stares right through Kyungsoo's big eyes that is starting at him too. "I am sorry for our games that hurt you guys. I really regretted it. I can't stay still as I watch you being restless as if somebody will come and attack you. You make me want to protect you." Jongin said with a blush.

Kyungsoo too starts to blush as he looks everywhere but Jongin. "Wh-where is the hospital Chanyeol at?" He tried to change the topic. 

"Uhh... The hospital nearby."

"Okay... I do want to forgive you and your friends but I do not assure that my friends will though... Especially Luhan and Baekhyun." Without anymore words, Kyungsoo steps out of the class but not before he saw the pout, adorable pout on Jongin's face. 

~Deleted scenes end.~