006 Persistence

We're not broken (just bent)

 

Here they are. 

Chanyeol keeps glancing towards Baekhyun while munching slowly on his strawberry cake. He wishes that the moment could freeze forever.

Baekhyun sips his latte as his cheesecake has finished for awhile but Chanyeol's just half of his. He knows that Chanyeol is looking at him but he tried to be nonchalant and just keep in silence.

They're in the café that they had been to so many times together before. On their date, as Chanyeol would title it. The differences are, before, Baekhyun would do all the talking and Chanyeol just replied shortly because he was busy studying the former's face. Now, they sit in silence. No one talks. 

"Baek,-"

"Don't call me that." 

Chanyeol sighs. "Okay. Baekhyun, what is your favorite color?" 

Baekhyun shots his eyes to Chanyeol but looks away again. "Why do you care?" 

The strong urge to plead was being kept, Chanyeol took a deep breath instead. "Because I wanted to know about you more. I've just realized that I don't know anything about you but you probably know more than a little about me."

Baekhyun scoffed lightly. "As if they're the truth. I just knew all the lies maybe... Beside about your late father though." 

Baekhyun thought that he crossed a line so that Chanyeol would give up and leave him alone but no. Chanyeol let out a small tight smile. "Yeah..." The taller looked down. "Maybe. I am sorry for all the time I had been pretending but my feelings are real. My heart still beating so fast just for you." He tried with small voices. 

The smaller sneaked a glance towards Chanyeol who had his shoulders down with a pout on his lips like a kicked cute puppy. "Black, white and grey." The former said and looked around again. However, the relieved smile on Chanyeol's face does not go unnoticed by him. He could feel the tugs on the corners of his lips but he ignore it. 

Chanyeol looks up to Baekhyun. "Favorite movie genre?" His eyes practically looked like a cute cat. 

"Fantasy, sci-fi and action."

By now, Chanyeol is grinning so wide. 

The taller proceed with his detective like questions from the favorite color to favorite pet, from preferred food to fashion style he dislike the most, from favorite band to about the smaller's family. 

Even though he got the answer half-heartedly and rolls of the eyes here and there, he keep patience and asked all the questions that a good boyfriend should know. 

"What do you dislike the most?" 

At the question, he could see that Baekhyun pondered on his answer a bit. It was like as if Baekhyun thinking an answer but he asked instead. "In general or specifically?" His voice shows no other than challenging. 

Chanyeol blinks before answering. "Uh... Generally?" 

"You."

It felt like a stab through Chanyeol's heart as he was speechless at Baekhyun's answer that came suddenly. He purses his lips because he does not have any words to say more. His heart is hurting the most at the moment. In fact, Baekhyun said it as if it was nothing. Like he was not just stabbing into Chanyeol's heart repeatedly. 

Baekhyun could feel his stomach churns because he just blurts it out as if it was something normal to dislike Chanyeol the most. The former just kept mum as his eyes spaces out the cafe's windows. He knew that Chanyeol felt hurt but he wanted to push the taller away. He wanted the taller to give up and left him and his friends alone. 

Baekhyun just wanted Chanyeol and his friends to not disturb the nerds.

Ever since the popular group sit together with the nerd group, they had been receiving many bad stink glares from the other students. He also heard they said that the nerds are so easy to fool and play with. That they are a cheap . Oh how true was Luhan.

Baekhyun do wanted to forgive Chanyeol and his friends because he had felt their sincerity emitted when they sat together. Because of humans mind that always see the negatives, Baekhyun does not wanted anything but to push the four popular and rich group away from his group. 

He wanted nothing more than his friends to study peacefully without any backtalking from the others. 

After a while of silence, Baekhyun get up from his seat and reached for his bag. "If nothing more, I'll go." He said and Chanyeol nods wordlessly. Maybe still hurting with Baekhyun's words. "And please... Stay away from us."

With that, Baekhyun steps away from Chanyeol who had his eyes on the chair where Baekhyun had sat just now. Eyes longing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol lays on his bed after taking a shower. He stares onto spaces. He then closes his eyes, mind reeling through the moments he had with Baekhyun at the cafe just now. 

Was the latter still hurt with the bet? Was the latter despised him that he took the step to hurt Chanyeol mentally? Was the latter wanted Chanyeol to suffer with his bleeding heart? Why was he pushing Chanyeol away so hard that he did not care that his words hurt the taller? 

A lone tear stream down Chanyeol's face as he pondered on the event that happened. 

Is it the end?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun steps into the college ground with heart beating so fast against his ribcage. He hoped that his words had hurt Chanyeol enough that the latter will not dare to appear in front of Baekhyun again. 

"Morning, Baek." The said person jumps as he hears the deep voice. Baekhyun turns around and meets with a grinning Chanyeol. With shocked face, he faces the taller fully. 

Wait... Was not Chanyeol hurted yesterday? He is really sure that Chanyeol hate him for his straightforward answer yesterday and take any chances he get to avoid the smaller. 

After seconds staring, Baekhyun frowns. The grin on Chanyeol's face had not disappear but wider instead. "I knew that you wanted to push me away but you know me. I am persistent and will not giving up for what I wanted the most. So, sorry for letting your hope down." The grin turns to smile and Chanyeol walks away from Baekhyun. 

The latter closes his eyes and sighs. Yes, it is true. Chanyeol is so persistent and hardheaded. That is also the factor of him winning over the bet, right? He won because he had the strong desire to win. 

It is also because over the six months they had been dating, Baekhyun could read Chanyeol like an open book. They had been to the arcade where Chanyeol had shown his winning desire to Baekhyun and stated that he could win all the games. At the end of the day, Chanyeol proved him right that he had win almost all the games. Almost because they avoided the child games. 

The persistence of Chanyeol's always bring him somewhere that he desire of. Also because of that, Baekhyun is determined to keep pushing the taller away and keep their distance far. 

It is because he wanted the taller to search for someone else to complete his empty heart where he belonged before. 

It is also because he wanted to close his own heart for anybody else. He does not want to go through a broken heart again. 

"Why so stressed early in the morning?" Baekhyun opens his eyes to meet with someone really handsome but he does not know who. 

"You care?" Based on the newcomer outfits, he is rich and kind of showing off but the expression on the other's face shows nothing sort of arrogant. Baekhyun arches an eyebrow. 

"Wow... Chill. I'm just asking. Anyway, it's not nice to have a beauty like you to frown. It's a nice day after all." A smile was offered. Baekhyun could not help but to smile unsure. It's not everyday that random rich people to talk to him, the nerd. "I am Kim Joonmyeon. Suho for short." He offers a hand which Baekhyun caught it.

"Baekhyun." The shorter greets back. A confusion was evident on the other's face. 

"I think I've heard that name somewhere?" He tries but Baekhyun keeps mum. 

"I'm just ordinary nerd scholarship boy. Nothing much."

"Oh well, nice to meet you. See you around." Suho smiles again. No sign of disgust when Baekhyun said that. 

They then separate without much thought and Baekhyun makes his way to his locker but have a great shock of his morning when he sees his friend, Kyungsoo being dragged to an empty class by none other than Jongin. Suspicious, Baekhyun tried to eavesdrop to their conversation through the closed locked door. 

"Have you got the answer already?" Baekhyun hears Jongin's pleading voice.

"Yes and I am sorry to say this but no, I can't accept your feelings."

Silence occur but then Jongin tried again. "I knew that we're wrong! I knew that we're bad but please? Please consider it again because we had changed for the better. I... I love you. I know it is sudden but I just wanted you to be safe. I know that people around are talking bad about you and your friends so I wanted to prove them wrong!! Yes, you're a nerd but you have pure heart."

Wow, even Jongin could hear that people had been talking nasty things about them. Baekhyun feel bad for Jongin but it is not his business to interfere. 

"I am sorry." Kyungsoo whispers because Baekhyun barely heard that. Before he could move from the spot, the door open so suddenly and a shocked Baekhyun meet with a sad Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo reaches for Baekhyun's hand and dragged the latter away from the class where Jongin is. Before they got far, Baekhyun turns around to watch a heartbroken Jongin while watching them walked away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time rolled in and they are once again sitting together. Instead of silence like always, Chanyeol attempt to score a conversation. 

"I wanted you guys to know that for the last year and the half we've been friends, I have the happiest time in my life when I was with you guys. You guys makes me feel the freedom from being the center of public attention and I appreciate the friendship you guys offered for me." Chanyeol smiles softly making all seven pairs of eyes to look at him. "I wanted that moments to happen again, where we can joke around freely, with the addition of my friends of course. We can... Start over, can we?" 

Chanyeol looks around with pleading eyes before he caught Luhan rolling his eyes. The former then looks down. 

"Don't worry... It's the matter of the time. I am sure time could heal our friendship. We could be like before with the addition of your friends, of course." Minseok said with assuring smile but then turned grimace when he felt someone pinched his thigh. "Lulu! It's hurt." Minseok pouts. At the corner of his eyes, he could see that most of them are smiling at his antique. 

"It's just that you can't read situation well that makes me mad." 

"Aww... Don't be so harsh. They're good now. Anyways, I've had enough with the silence while lunch. Lunch is when we could talk freely because we can't do it in class." 

Luhan rolls his eyes. "You and your talkativeness." 

Out of everyone, everyone can see that Jongdae had the widest smile on his face. Cute, he thought. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun knows who followed him all the way from college after class. He knows it too well that he intends to ignore the person. He kept walking towards his supposed to wait car a block away from college. 

However, once he reached the said destiny, no limousine or any car even Kris, his driver, are in the sight. He looks everywhere and comes into one conclusion.

Baekhyun turns around to face his follower since they got out from the college ground. Face shown disapproval. "Please... Don't tell me." He squints his eyes to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol rubs his un-itchy nape. "Uhm... Well, okay..." He closed his mouth while he roams his eyes at everywhere but Baekhyun.

Baekhyun twitches his eye as he inhaled a deep breath and heaves it. "Okay... Tell me." He gives up. 

"Uhh... I somehow told your mom that I wanted to borrow her son after class..." Chanyeol trails off before he rubs his head where Baekhyun had smacked. Sad whimpers escapes the taller's mouth. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×

~Deleted scenes.~

Sehun chased after Luhan who walked (read: run) towards the main entrance of the hospital. He quickly reached for the latter's arm before he got any further. 

"Let go." Luhan said threatening, gritting his teeth. 

"No, wait. I think we need to talk." Sehun hissed.

Luhan scoffed. "I knew it. You guys are still not feeling guilty at all. As if the rich bastard could amend their own fault. Hah! As if!" 

Sehun pursed his lips. "Please. You're just being all negative. Hear me out." 

"I am no fool for you to play around with. I have my own pride and please known that even though I am a nerd, even though I am poor, even though I am a scholarship student, I have heart, I have my own ego, I have... Feelings. But you. Even though you are rich, even though you have good face, even though you are popular but you are heartless spoiled rich bastard." Luhan snapped his arm out of Sehun's hold before stormed off, away from Sehun. 

Sehun locked his jaw and sighed heavily. 

It's hard to gain back the trust he had broken before. 

✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#Author's note!

Have you guys watched EXO's Nature Republic Fan Event on 3rd February? You have watched the game? 
Oh my... They formed the groups like in this story! 


Park Chanyeol as the leader and his groupmate as in Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun and Kim Jongdae.


While another group
Byun Baekhyun as the leader and his groupmate, Do Kyungsoo, Kim Minseok and the exceptional of Kim Joonmyeon as Luhan. 

Oh gosh! My fics just became reality!!! My hearteu!!! 

Also the saranghae game!!! Oh my Gooooood!!!  They just sailed our ultimate ship!!!