008 Follow your heart

We're not broken (just bent)

 

It has been a week since their last 'date' to aquaria. Chanyeol had not approaches Baekhyun since then, other than classes times. The taller would occasionally sits with Baekhyun's clique together with his own at lunchtime. What makes different from before are that Minseok and Jongdae had been talking to each other animatedly, Kyungsoo and Jongin would throw a shy smile to each other once in ten minutes while Luhan and Sehun would just keep in silence.

Luhan still looked bothered with the troublemakers sit at their table but he could get used to it as Minseok seems to be comfortable with them around. He also aware that he is being watched all the time by none other than Sehun. Maybe that is also why he felt uncomfortable with them around. Total opposite of Minseok.

Baekhyun threw a curious eyes quietly to a certain taller who is munching his own lunch mindlessly. He had been feeling weird as Chanyeol has not pursuing his intention to make Baekhyun fall for him again. In a week, Baekhyun had sort of being prepared all the time if Chanyeol approaches him in any reasonable time but never. Chanyeol never spoken to him privately ever since. 

Maybe he had given up? 

Whatever the reason is, Baekhyun thought that he had never feeling this disappointed. How could Chanyeol gives up without trying much harder? Was it because Baekhyun did not give him any responses last week? Why would that be the reason? Baekhyun endured one-sided conversation for over six months and yet he never complained. Just because one date of no respose, he had given up? 

Nonsense.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is Saturday. First week of August. Baekhyun stretched his body on the bed. He woke up late, as he slept late last night. The drama he was watching was too addicting to stop. High School: Love On! was too good to be true. He wished that he was the angel. To be loved by two person at time. He had a breakdown last night when the angel saved the two persons and she sacrifice her own self. 

He cried hard that his eyes were red and swollen. Moreover, at the last episode of the drama, when the angel remembered who she loves the most, another wave of tears came over. How he wishes his own love story would end perfectly like that.

He refreshed himself even though his eyes are still swollen. He climbs down the stairs as soon as he done. It is weekend. He has no classes. He ruffles his own damp dark brown hair as he is too lazy to dry it. 

He let out a yawn when he steps into the kitchen. "Good morning-... Good afternoon, sweetie." His mother greets him.

"Good afternoon, Baekhyun." The voice makes Baekhyun stopped in his track and all of the sudden, the sleepiness slip away from his body. Eyes open widely towards a voice that is familiar but not his mother's, not his father's either because his father had gone to work in the morning. 

"Come, dear. Have lunches with Chanyeol. He'd been here for about four hours?" Mrs. Byun said happily. "He's waiting for you to take you on date but you're still asleep. He spent his times here, accompany me." She smiled.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you doing here?" Chanyeol's smile slowly disappeared from his face as he looks away from Baekhyun's curious eyes. 

"Aigoo... Don't be rude, sweetie. He had patiently waited for you. As I just said, he's taking you on date." 

"I'm sorry if I'm being rude to intrude your house without you knowing." Chanyeol voiced out timidly. He gets up from the dining chair. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Byun. I'll just go-..."

"Sit. At least have a lunch before you go." Baekhyun interrupts. He heaves a small sigh and approaches the dining table. Pulling out a chair opposite of Chanyeol, he sits down. Mrs. Byun could just bits her lower lips at the awkward air. 

She looks at Baekhyun before gasping a bit. "You've been crying, honey?" Baekhyun could tell that Chanyeol inspects his face closely. Eyebrows furrowed.

"I am fine, mom. Just random drama kept me up all night." He smiled slightly to reassure his mother. 

"Don't give me that lame reason, Byun Baekhyun. If you have any problems, tell me. I am here for you. But I'll let it slide this time. There will be no next time." Mrs. Byun turns around to the kitchen and wash her hands. 

Baekhyun gaped at her retreat figure. Face showed unbelievable feeling. He blinks a few times. "But it is true though?" He mumbled while tilting his head slightly, eyes focused on the plate in front of him. "What's wrong with crying over dramas?" 

He heard a silent chuckle before he looks up and he saw that Chanyeol had giggled at his antics. He felt himself blushed at the realizations that he really watched sappy drama and that his mother does not believe him. 

The lunch went smoothly as Mrs. Byun opened conversation that include both of them. However, the more time passes, the more Chanyeol felt sad. He knew he needs to leave as soon as he is done with lunches. That was why he prolonged his own lunches. What he did not know was Baekhyun too, prolonged his own lunches. 

Distracted, he was shocked as Mrs. Byun asked a question towards him. "So, Chanyeol, where do you wanted to bring my son today?" 

Chanyeol gulped as he looks down to his almost empty plate. "Uhh... Well, maybe not today?" He looks up to Mrs. Byun. "Maybe next time? Today is impossible because well,..." He glances towards Baekhyun, who played with his food using the spoon. "I'll leave after I am done. Don't worry." He smile but not assuringly. He continued eating his food in silence. 

"Mom." Baekhyun's voice made him frozen for a moment but he nonchalantly continues his lunch. "I'll be out after lunch." 

The words stab through Chanyeol's chest to his heart. Maybe it decided to stop beating for a while. Disappointment going through his head. He wanted to go out but not with Chanyeol for the date? "Baek,..." Mrs. Byun looks at Chanyeol before she reaches for her son's hand. "Where do you want to go?" She squeezes a bit as she showed a sad expression towards her son. 

"I don't know. Someone asked me for a date. So I don't know where we are going." Mrs. Byun furrowed her eyebrows. Trying to put together the puzzles her son is giving. Moreover, Chanyeol tried to block his ears from hearing anything more. He tried. Really tried not to hear more from Baekhyun's mouth. "He waited for me for four hours, right?" 

The cue of Chanyeol choked on his food. "Oh dear!" Mrs. Byun exclaims. However, a big smile plastered on her face. "Drink some water, Chanyeol." She handed a glass of water to the said person. Without the two knowing, Baekhyun smirks slightly before it disappeared and he continues his lunch with poker face. With the smile still on her face, she stares at Chanyeol's flabbergasted movements. "Take care of my son, okay, Chanyeol?" 

Red face, speechless, Chanyeol just nods.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had changed his outfit into a comfortable one. The hair also been dried and styled. He decided to just go out comfortably. The paparazzi would be damned. They does not know him at all so he could just going out leisurely before he revealed that he is the mysterious Byun's heir. 

The moment when he climbed down the stairs with his new look, Chanyeol froze at the doorway. Eyes could not stop looking at Baekhyun's appearance. The memories of him bumped with Baekhyun in front of the restaurant restroom came into his mind. It was really Baekhyun. He had doubt last time but now, he just could not take off his sight from Baekhyun. 

This Baekhyun is hot. The hair styled up and shirt on point for making people stares. Can not deny, he is already jealous even before they got out. Suddenly, he does not wanted to take the smaller on date anymore. The jealousy would eat him up. He just wanted to keep the smaller inside his pocket and not showing to others. 

Biting his lower lip, they make their way out, after waving to Mrs. Byun, they walked to Chanyeol's black Lamborghini. Sighing quietly, he opened the door for Baekhyun and closed it as Baekhyun had settled in. Calming his own breath, he walked to the driver seat and get in.

The whole ride was in silence. No one dared to say anything. As for Chanyeol, he was afraid that he would make Baekhyun uncomfortable while as for Baekhyun, he was just speechless at himself for accepting the other's offer on a date. All this time, he just wanted to get away from Chanyeol but now, he just go against his own vow. However, after the drama he had watched last night, he just realized something. He needed to follow his own heart instead of his head. If he use his head instead of his heart, he could be hurt, not physically but mentally. He will torment his own self. 

The drama teaches him to follow your heart because heart knows everything while the head just controlled our lives. 

As the car stopped in a halted, Baekhyun looks everywhere. They have come to an amusement park. Furrowing eyebrows, he turns to Chanyeol, who is unbuckling his seatbelt. "Aren't you scared of fast rides?" 

Chanyeol froze yet again. Eyes looking everywhere but Baekhyun. He knows that the latter is watching with hawk eye. "I... I am but... You've been wanting to come here ever since we've dated. So..."

"You... Remembered?" 

"Of course." Chanyeol answered timidly. 

"I've told you like a month after we go out. I've been practically forces you to bring me here but you denied and then I gave up because a month later you said that you hate fast rides. It's like over half a year ago and you did remember..." Baekhyun trailed off.

Chanyeol tried to lighten up the atmosphere. "Well... I am willing to try. If you are willing to try with me?" He smiled slightly. Face showing hopeful expression. 

"Uhm..." Baekhyun unbuckles his seatbelt and get out of the car quickly. The hopeful feeling was vanished as soon as the door closed on Chanyeol. Can not help but to be saddened. 

What he did not know was that Baekhyun tried to control his rushing blood to his cheeks. Blushing because Chanyeol was handsome back then. Showing his good looking facial with hopeful eyes and smile. His heart just can not help but to coo at it. 

Is it wrong to be hopeful?

Is it right to forgive easily?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 ♡ 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun smiled as he heard the screaming from the rides around them. It was not his first time to an amusement park. His former driver had brought him here before once. But that was years ago when he was still in middle school. He was happy to be here but moments later, he found himself bored as he did not came with his parents. He just did not want to be known in the world's eyes so his parents decided to send him alone with the said driver. 

Now, he is here again. With the person he admired so much. He turns around to inspect everything. From the Vikings to rollercoaster. Everything makes him feel excited. The blood pumping in his body so fast that he is smiling widely unconsciously. Chanyeol smiled as he saw a cute wide smile on Baekhyun's face. 

Baekhyun had his eyes on a certain store. He then turned to Chanyeol with cute excited eyes. "Let's get the ears!" Confusion appeared on Chanyeol's face. 

"Ears?" 

"Yeah!" Again, unconsciously, Baekhyun reaches for the taller's hand and pulls him to the store. 

And yeah, Baekhyun ran out of the store with cute brown puppy ears and dragging Chanyeol with a giraffe ears on their head. 

Chanyeol can not even be embarrassed or mad at Baekhyun because the smaller seems to be enjoying the time. He could only smile gratefully for making the smaller happy.

"-...ide it!" 

"Huh?" Chanyeol was in his own bubble as the excited little puppy beside him hugging his arm. 

"I said, let's ride it!" 

"Ride what?"

"That one!"

The color on Chanyeol's face drained as he snapped his eyes on the pointed ride. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×

~Deleted scene 1.~

"I know that it was absurd but can't we be friends at least? Just like Minseok and Jongdae?" 

Jongin had practically pulled Kyungsoo yet once again into an empty class. He knows that he was at a begging level. He knows that he was intruding Kyungsoo's comfort zone but he just as desperate as he is. Sooner or later, Kyungsoo will be someone's and he will just gape when it happened but it will never happen if he insisted. 

"I... I am not lying when I said I like you but I will not let you be with someone else when I still has a chance. So, maybe we can start off with being friends?"

Kyungsoo stayed silent while eyeing the person who had pulled him into this class. He saw nothing but sincerity. He heaves a small sigh as a light rush of red are on his cheeks. He looks down. "Don't say it so many times."

"Huh? What is it?"

"That you like me."

Now it is Jongin's turn to blush. "Uhh... Well... It is what it is. I just can't deny my own feelings." He grins.

"O-okay then..."

Comically, Jongin's eyes went wider at the words from the nerd but he is just totally happy. "I'll protect you! Don't worry! If there is anyone to bully you, just tell me!" He is grinning widely now. 

Blushing red, Kyungsoo turns around to leave but not right away as Jongin grabbed his arm. 

"Wait. I need your numbers." Jongin smirks.

Kyungsoo can not help as he smiled shyly as well. 

~Deleted scene 1 ended.~

 

 

 

 

~Deleted scene 2.~

"You still hate me?" 

Luhan was startled as he heard the voice. He turned off the water faucet on the sink and grabbed a tissue before proceeding to the door, ignoring the person who leaned his back on the wall besides the college's washroom door. As the person senses that Luhan was going to go out of the room without answering, he moves from his spot to the door, hands searching for the knob and locked it. He leaned his back to the door. He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Ignoring me now?"

"Move, Sehun. I don't have time for this." Luhan rolled his eyes. He too crossed his arms in front of his chest while eyes roaming around but not on Sehun.

"Just answer me. Do you hate me that much?" 

"Who knows." Luhan mumbled.

Sehun sighs. "Let's talk." He puts his hands down on his sides.

"There's nothing to talk about, Sehun. Let's just be strangers. Just like what you did professionally for these past years." Luhan eyed Sehun while he moves his hands to grabbed on the bags straps on his shoulders. He tightens the hold.

"Look. There is something to talk about. You started about our past so let's continue." 

"Sehun, the fact that you betrayed me is not going to be trivial. You were a good friend. I can't deny it but once I was poor, you left me without proper words or even explanations. You left me hanging, Sehun. I don't even know what I did wrong but in fact that I am poor is the reason for you to leave me, I just understand everything." Luhan chuckled bitterly. "Let's put our high school memories behind, okay. I am tired of you, rich people. The fact that I was also once rich person just like you disgust me. I am glad my father left my mom and I. I could realize that rich people are the worst. You've proved me right once more by playing with our hearts."

Sehun bits his lower lips for the times Luhan been talking. "Luhan-..."

"Sehun..." Luhan cut and sighs heavily. Eyes staring straight into Sehun's. "I've forgiven you. I'll forgive you once more for breaking my trust that I thought you're going to change. I'll forgive you but remember, I could forgive but not forget. You betrayed me, Sehun. You break my heart. I don't know if I could accept you again in my life." The smaller's eyes begin to get teary. He looks away from Sehun's. "Now please. Move away. I don't want to be here with you right now."

Reluctantly, Sehun moved and Luhan quickly leave the scene. Sehun eyed his own reflections in the mirror. He thought that he had hated himself so much but he just hate himself more as he had made Luhan cried again. He took a deep breath. 

He needs to gain the other's trust, which he had betrayed, just like he did eight years ago. 

~Deleted scene 2 ended.~

 

 

 

 

~Deleted scene 3.~

"Welc-..." Minseok trailed off. 

Again, the same customer had came to the cafe quite often now (read: everyday after classes). "Hi." The customer smiled with the corners of his lips quirk up. 

"You come again." Minseok smiled back.

"Yep. One caramel capuccino to go, please. Name, Chen." Jongdae grinned.

"You're consuming too much coffee everyday, Jongdae. Won't you have enough of it already? Even our regular customers do not come so ofter like you."

"Wow, you even questioning your customer now? And what's wrong with it? I've became addicted with the drink. Might as well as the maker." 

"You're really good at words." Minseok laughed light-heartedly. "Your drink will come right away." Minseok turns around to make the drink. As he is working, somehow he had getting used by being the subject of staring from Jongdae. It happened on daily basis. 

"It will be-..."

"Oh! I have something more to add on."

"Okay. It's rare but ask away." Minseok arches an eyebrow. Waiting for the order.

"I think it's quite expensive though?" 

Minseok scrunched his forehead. "What is?" He turns his head to the menus the screen on the wall had showed. "Ah! You wanted our limited edition caramel cream puffs?" 

"No."

"Then?"

"I wanted to place an order for Barista Kim Minseok's phone numbers. Is it available?" The cheeky grins makes Minseok blushed madly.

"Well, since you asked nicely, you will get it for free."

"Nice!"

~Deleted scene 3 ended.~

✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×