The Truth

Till The End...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: || The Truth ||


"Hyung, can I ask you something? But please don't feel offended because I just want to know," asked Mingyu at the same time gently caress Jeonghan's upper arm.

Still feels exhausted from their make out session which ended up with the intense love making, Mingyu leans on the bed headboard while holding Jeonghan with his another arm. Jeonghan who is leaning on his chest looks up at his face and responds softly, "Ummm...what is it?"

"Why--why did you agree to marry Jun?  You know right my engagement with Wonwoo was only a rumor, I've been thinking about it for all the time till now," asked Mingyu carefully, worried the question will offend Jeonghan in any way, however he cannot wait any longer owing to the fact the question is haunting him for such a long time already.

"It wasn't just a rumor right, you really got engaged with him, eventhough I know you love me, I got really mad and I was confused why did you do that, that's why I made a reckless decision by agreeing to marry Jun and I dared you to marry Wonwoo," answered Jeonghan while playing with Mingyu's fingers to brush away his uneasiness when the topic of their past is brought up.

Mingyu furrows his eyebrows when he could not get to see the whole picture. He senses something is wrong somewhere, "What did you mean by that?" Mingyu sits straight up and makes both of them facing each other.

"What?" asked Jeonghan back.

"My engagement was not a rumor? and I already got engaged to Wonwoo before you agree marrying Jun?" questioned Mingyu. 

"Why? That is what happened, right?" replied Jeonghan. 

"I got engaged to Wonwoo after you dared me to marry him, I lost my mind when you believed in that rumor and agreed marrying Jun," explained Mingyu.

It is Jeonghan's turn to be confused with Mingyu's side of story, "But, your mom said to me you already--" 

"My mom? You met her?" Mingyu cuts Jeonghan off. 

Jeonghan nods, "Wonwoo came to my house and brought me to meet your mom, your mom and Wonwoo told me you agreed and already engaged to Wonwoo, they showed me the ring on Wonwoo's finger which matches with the one you wore a day before, I went home crying, got mad, confused and dissappointed by your decision, that night Jun came to my house to console me and asked me to marry him, I said yes out of frustration and anger," explained Jeonghan.

Mingyu lets out a surpressed sighs, "So, we've been tricked by them?"

Finally after years Mingyu learned the actual reason but only to know Wonwoo and his mother were the real reason behind all of this and their own young reckless mind made it worse. 

"Tricked? How?" asked Jeonghan, he cups Mingyu's face when he saw Mingyu looks so frustrated.

Mingyu lifts up his head, stares at Jeonghan's eyes, "I never agreed to get engage at the first place, I got engaged after you dared me to marry him, the ring I wore was my late father's, my mom gave to me and said she just found the ring that my father really treasured, maybe it matches with my mom's...the one that Wonwoo wore, I was aware that my mom always wanted me to marry Wonwoo and Wonwoo always want me to stay by his side but I never expected they could trick us like this...four years I've been wondering why did you throw away our love merely for a rumor," Mingyu stops to control his choked voice. 

Feel shocked with what really happened back then Jeonghan's mind goes blank for a moment before one by one the heartbroken memories flood in his mind. He just could not believe they had been tricked by Wonwoo and Mingyu's mother and they failed by their own young hot blooded. He drapes his arms around Mingyu's neck and tightens the hugs while Mingyu puts his arms around Jeonghan's waist. 

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't know, if I--if I go to you first, we won't become like this, I'm sorry...that is my fault--," whispered Jeonghan, a pang of regret and guilt rushes into his heart.

"It wasn't yours alone, it was partly mine, we both made a rash decision when we were out of our mind, I'm sorry..." Mingyu interrupted softly, didn't want Jeonghan to blame himself, "But how could they did this to us? They are my family, Wonwoo and I grown up together as a family, how could he?" Mingyu lets out his frustration, he tightens his arms on Jeonghan's waist, buries his head on Jeonghan's neck to find the comfort for the betrayal's taste he received from his own family. 

"I'm sorry..." said Jeonghan softly, caress Mingyu's nape with the hope Mingyu get the comfort he need.


______________________


"Hyung, can we talk for a moment," said Mingyu as soon as he saw Wonwoo came out from his room. 

Eventhough they are married, they still using the seperate room because in Mingyu's eyes Wonwoo is the person that he genuinely care as his brother who is grown up together with him. Wonwoo had to agree with Mingyu's request since he knew from the beginning Mingyu doesn't love him as the way he loves Mingyu. 

"Umm, what's the matter?" asked Wonwoo, he comes and settle down himself on the sofa in their living room. 

Mingyu looks at Wonwoo's face, unsure how to start the talk. His stare stays. 

"What is it? You looked trouble," asked Wonwoo.

Mingyu takes a deep breath, "Should we--I mean, Could we end our marriage?" asked Mingyu.

"Why?" Wonwoo frowns. 

"You know right I love somebody else," replied Mingyu.

"It's already four years Mingyu, could you just forget about him," Wonwoo sounds tense just like every time Mingyu asked him for a divorce. 

"I can't," said Mingyu.

"What should I do to make you forget him?" questioned Wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter