August 2009

Wedding Bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You've got to be kidding me... Is this a dream? After so many years, do I really have to meet him in a very unexpected and unfortunate way?

Before he could even come near, I turn my head and drink the water in front of me.

Fudge, how am I supposed to greet him, after what happened, after what I told him.

Before my crumbling world could eat me whole, Yeri spoke, "Honey, how was your way here? Sorry, I asked you to come here right after you arrived." Her voice is filled with worry and affection (that I want to vomit right there and then) and I don't even have to look at her to know she's pouting.

Just then, I heard the voice I used to hear everyday 9 years ago... and without even noticing, my heart beats so fast. "Don't worry about it, I'm good. I know this means a lot for you."

It's still the same, his voice so sweet and soft, I can still remember the way that voice made me feel, like I'm on a cloud nine everytime I hear it. And how soothing his voice is, everytime he sings...

Drowned in my thoughts, Yeri tapped my shoulders and asks me "Ms. Roseanne, are you ok?"

Still seated with my head hang low, I just nodded and told her "I'm ok, hehe".

"Uhm, Ms. Roseanne, I would like you to meet my fiancé..." Shoot, this is it.

I forced myself to stand and smile, and with just the sight of me, I saw Jungkook flinched.

"This is my fiancé, Jeon Jungkook." Yeri said proudly. Jungkook, with wide eyes was about to say something when I interrupted him, with a forced smile and gritted teeth I say "Oh, Hi, Mr. Jeon Jungkook. I am Ms. Roseanne Park, your wedding organizer." I said making sure I stressed out my role in their lives now.

Looks like he gets the message as he reaches out his hand as if this is the first time we meet. Hesitantly, I reached out for his hand and once I felt his hand in mine, electricity flowed through my body. I can feel my heart is about to get out of my chest. We shake our hands for a little longer than necessary, until it hits me.

I am his wedding organizer. Wedding organizer. I quickly take back my hand and exhaled deeply "Wow... I finally met the lucky husband to be, ha ha" I continued "So, how do you want your wedding to be?"

We, mainly Yeri and I, discussed the theme of their wedding. Throughout the talk, I could feel Jungkook's stare that holds longing and caring emotions, but maybe nah. I'm just being delusional.

"We want to get married in August, near Jungkook's birthday, could that be possible?" Yeri asked me,

"Oh yes, sure. We have to rush our planning then, it's like four months from now. Ok, so let's meet again this weekend. I have to go, I still have an appointment."

"Ok, thank you so much Ms. Roseanne. I look forward to this." I smiled and bid them goodbye, not even glancing at Jungkook, I rushed to the exit and then to my car.

"Hello? Jihyo, I need you right now. Bring Chae and Mina. EMERGENCY."

 

"Whaaat?" They said in unison.

"You mean to say, this Yeri and the Yeri we stalked and searched up religiously on Friendster is the same?" Jihyo asks with her hilarious shocked face.

"Yes, yes!"

"And Jungkook, the father of Kai is back?" Chaeyeon, still wanting to confirm.

"Yes!"

"Oh God. I can't believe this turn out of events" Chae adds and starts fanning herself.

"And you have to arrange their wedding. That's just marvellous, isn't?" Mina said shaking her head in disbelief, I guess she finds it amusing that this is slowly turning out to be a Korean series.

"I don't know what to do" I said holding my hair out of frustration.

"I thought you DO NOT care anymore?" Jihyo asked, eyebrows almost reaching her hairline.

"Th-that's right, I don't care, he he he"

"Stop trying, Rosie, it's obvious," Chae holds my hand on the table "nothing has changed. For 9 years, it has always been him, right?"

Aw. Chae sees right through me.

I can feel tears flowing on my cheeks and that's when it hit me. I haven't moved on. I cover my face and sob so hard, I don't even care what these people around us would think. The three engulfed me in a tight hug, assuring me that I still have them.

 

It's almost 10:30 PM when I decided that I just want to go home and sleep.

Since it is only Mina who has the same way as I am, Jihyo and Chae hugged me so tight before going to their cars. Mina doesn't have a driver's license; she's so used having her own driver, so I send her home first.

Before getting out of the car, she told me something that I could never forget.

"You know Rosie, I hate it that you're feeling this way. That this guy from the past affects you so much. This might hurt but, don't you think it's unfair? Since it has always been just you who feel this way?"

Ouch. With that she patted my head and went out of my car.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter