Wedding Bells

Wedding Bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S. I have decided the ending of this story a long time ago. Regardless if it's Rosekook or not. So, I’m sorry if some of you will disagree with the ending. I just hope you’ll consider the ride with Jungkook and Rosie in this story worth it. :)

Enjoy the last chapter, everyone! :)

HER

"Are you sure you're okay with this? I can lead the team alone, you can just go home and rest." Mina worriedly asks me for the hundredth time today. We are currently on our way to the Church where the wedding will transpire while our team is already at the reception venue. Mina and I stayed at a different hotel from the couple and their families, well, should I still say the reason why?

I chuckle a bit and pat her shoulder "What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine."

Just from my peripheral view, I can feel that she's staring at me intensely "You've been through a lot this week."

"I can do this, Mina. Don't worry about me--" I paused for a moment then turn my head to quickly glance at her "I think it's enough. Just knowing that he felt the same for me back in High School makes me happy."

Silence filled the car.

"Atleast I can brag to anyone 'Oh hey, my first love had a tiny crush on me, isn't that great?" and I smiled to myself.

I am honestly really content with that. As a matter of fact, never in my wildest dream did I wish for the two of us to end together. Afterall, Yeri owns that place ever since.

"How about Kai?"

Kai

My sight got a little blurry at the mention of his name, and there I pull over to the side of the road. I immediately wipe my tears and face Mina.

I swallow the lump in my throat and take a deep breath "I think it's the universe way of cutting the connection between Jungkook and I.."

Just to inform everybody, Kai died the day after I received the letter. That night I got my picture and the flowers, I cried my heart out and Kai was there snuggling me and if he could just speak, I know he'll say nothing but words of comfort. Even in his last breath, he still comforted me from the pain Jungkook caused me.

I then add "And I really think, witnessing his wedding can be the best way to let go. In that way, truth will finally slap my right in the face 'Hey, you're never going to be in that place. It's Yeri, Jeon Yeri." I give Mina a faint smile. She rubs my arm and whispers "I'll support you. If this is what you need, then okay."

 

"That flower shouldn't be in that place, put it at the right corner." I told one of our staff as we do the final touches in the Church.

"Hey, this place looked more beautiful with the help of your hand. It looks so solemn and at the same time, enchanting. Congrats." Jihyo compliments me, though her words are full of positivity, I can feel that she's hurting for me.

"Rosie, you did a great job in arranging the place-- and in handling this." Chae's eyes are clouded with concern, she then continues "Promise me, this will be the end, huh?"

I just smile and nod my head slightly. I am grateful for these girls, they were with me all this time, that it actually felt like it's the four of us who are in love with Jungkook.

More visitors arrived, which my staffs assist, as the wedding time gets closer. Just then, the guys show up. And the moment Winwin laid his eyes on me, he engulfed me in a tight hug.

I giggle a little then tap his arms, "Hey, what's wrong?" he detaches himself from me with teary eyes, and he blurts out "I love you, I mean as a friend. I'm always here for you." I smile at his words "I love you too, our baby."

"You did amazing in here." Bambam says while ruffling my hair. I slap his hand away, "Hey! I worked hard to curl this, do you want them to have an ugly organizer." and there, he laughed out loud "You are beautiful, since elementary."

Seokmin walks towards us, "You're really great. I'll get you as our organizer, huh?" he tells me then winks at me. I gasped, "When?"

He glances at Bambam then answered "Soon."

Whoa, I can't wait to arrange my friend's wedding! Just then, this tall and handso--

"Oh my gosh, what happened to your face?" I hurriedly approach him as I see the bruise on his face. Huge bruise.

"You never fight. How come?" I unconsciously reach for his face. He grabbed my hand and just shrugs "I deserve this. I was an so the guy decided to punch me." he laughs a little.

Jaehyun and I talked things out days after I got the letter and Kai's death

"I'm sorry. I was wrong. I shouldn't have done that." he says as he lowers his head.

I was silent, I don't really know what to say. I was mad at him, yes, but I can't blame it all to him. Cause Jungkook may have gotten the letter years ago, but still end up marrying Yeri.

They're in love. And it's definitely not Jae's fault.

"I can't bear to see you cry. It pains me--" his voice cracks then he continues "All my life, I just want to see you happy but because of me, you're far from being one."

I look at him, with my swollen eyes from the nonstop crying that I did for the past days.

"Stop it. Let's forget about it." I just simply muttered.

He suddenly engulfed me in a tight hug when he saw my shoulders shaking uncontrollably.

A tear fell from his eye then whispered "I am so sorry."

 

"I love you."

Just then, I turn to my left when I felt someone looking at me.

It's him.

And for a moment, we locked eyes. I put all my strength to hold back my tears and to stop my heart from breaking.

I just slightly bowed at him, which he returned.

Okay, Rosie, you have to get used to this. This will be the two of you for the following years. Strangers just bowing to each other.

 

Ding ding ding ding ding

Just when the wedding bells ring, the music started to play..

What day is it
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

And there, the beautiful bride entered the Church.

Didn't I say that this will help me move forward? Didn't I make up my mind to witness this to finally get a closure?

But why?

Why is my heart hurting so much? Why am I having a hard time breathing? Why do I feel suffocated?

And everthing comes back to me.

His smile, his touch, his voice and his everything, all belong to this girl. And even if I pray for a thousand times, I will never be her.

Without realizing, I've been clutching on my dress tightly and my tears are falling ceaselessly, just then I felt Mina's warm hand in mine. I turn to her and there she nods at me, telling me to just go.

I thought I can do it. I thought I can bear to see him, them.

But I guess, I was wrong. I smiled at her faintly and go straight outside.

I should just probably take charge of the reception, where there'll be no vows.

Atleast, I really can't do anything crazy at the reception.

*

HIS

"Bro, are you sure about this?" Hoseok hyung asks me while we are preparing ourselves for the wedding later.

I take a deep breath and offered him a smile "This is the least that I can do for Yeri. It's too late to leave her now." I bite my lip quite hard as I hold back the tears.

I finally decided. A week ago, I let go of her and any possibilities of us together.

You know, this is the first time I spent my days just drinking, lying in bed and crying endlessly.

It ing hurts. And it is so frustrating how time has been our enemy all along.

time!

Why did you not let us be happy, huh?

Just then, Hoseok hyung cut my trail of thoughts "No. The least that you can do for Yeri is to let her find her own happiness." he walks closer to me then whispers "And not to be stuck with someone who's obviously in love with another."

I don't know what to say. Is he right?

"And don't try to be a hero. Think of your happiness and think of your chipmunk's happiness." and there he left me all alone in the room.

Is he right?

 

I didn't expect that my heart still hurts this bad with just the sight of Rosie and Jaehyun talking.

I chose to stay with Yeri and I have to be responsible for it. I already let her go, so there's no room for my jealousy.

Minutes before the wedding, I observed how she skilfully organizes every little detail about our wedding, how much she wants to make this day perfect for Yeri when this may be the worst day for her.

Just when I was in my deep thoughts, Yugyeom suddenly speaks "So, you really did let her go?"

I turn to him and simply just hum as a response.

"Jungkook, whatever your decision is, I am here to support you. If you really can bear to spend the rest of your life without her, then it's all fine."

My whole life.

Without her, I can do that, right?

 

As the wedding bells rang, my eyes searched fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter