The Bunny & the Chipmunk

Wedding Bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GRADE 11 - 1ST SEMESTER

"Ugh! This project makes me go insane!" Jihyo, my partner, said while grabbing her hair so tight, that I got worried she might go bald anytime soon.

We are currently sitting on one of the benches in our school grounds since our Biology teacher wastes no time in throwing us bombs left and right. This Investigatory Project has been taking most of our breaktimes, actually, everyone in class is.

Well, except for these guys.

"And what is that?" I asked when I felt something pressed against my cheek.

"A pack of nuts." He said while grinning, I poke the insides of my cheeks, close my eyes in frustration and take a deep breath. "And what do you want me to do with that?" I say as I face this guy.

He kept his smile on his face then, pouts as he says "Chipmunks love nuts, so..."

I grab the pack of nuts from his hand and whisper-scream "Really? Jeon Jungkook? Even at this time when everyone is busy, you still have time to pester me? Oh and spend money just to give me this?" I paused for a moment to calm myself down.

I heard Bambam chuckled and answered for this guy "Well, sorry. We're already done."

"What? How do you manage to finish this?" Jihyo asks clearly so surprised, this project is too difficult that even Jung Eunha, our current top 1, has been coming to school with bags under her eyes.

"Oh, you're underestimating us. We are geniuses. No questions needed." Bambam confidently said while stretching his arms.

"Why did I even expect for a serious answer? Anyway, just go now. We have a lot of things to accomplish since we're not geniuses like you." Jihyo sarcastically shoo these two guys.

Without the need to be told twice, the two decided to go. Oh, not after placing the pack of nuts on our table, "Eat this, Chipmunk." then sprinted away from our table.

 

"Oh God. Come on Jungkook, faster!" I run hurriedly towards the Music Store.

"Wait! Wait for me, Rochie!"

"How come you're so slow?" I ask him when he reached the front of the store

"I am not slow. You're just too fast. I thought you're a chipmunk but I guess you're a horse." I smack his arm and enter my most favorite place on earth.

My eyes brighten as I see Colbie Caillat's second album right in front of me. I was about to get it when a hand grabbed my precious baby, I quickly take a hold of the album.

We look at each other's eyes, no one wanting to back down. "I saw this first, Ms." I told her while smiling. "I grabbed it first, Ms." She said threatening me with her big eyes. "No way! I did." Still refusing to let go even when I know she took it first. Heh. No way I'd admit.

We scramble to get the possession of this precious album, until I accidentally lose my grip on the album and fall off the floor.

Oh no! My album!! The girl was about to go to the counter when another hand snatched the album away.

"Sorry, I want this." Jungkook rushed to the counter while the girl was left in shock with how quick everything happened, until her friend, I supposed, called her "Lisa, what happened?"

And there, I left them with my precious album in hand. Heh. Thanks Jungkook.

 

"I've been spending my time all my time just thinking about you, I don't know what to do, I think I'm falling for youu.." I listen to the song while reviewing for our Math exam for tomorrow when suddenly my phone vibrates.

Jungkook : Math is so difficult T___T

Me : I know right! :(

Jungkook : Miley Cyrus is just so cute in Hannah Montana :3

Me : Oh gosh! Yes, so you're watching it right now?

Jungkook : Yes, I don't want to burn my brain cells

And then my phone rang

"Hello?" "~You get the best of both worlds, chill it out take it slow~" I giggle when I heard him sing.

"That's all. I'm just so bored. Goodnight!" Then he hung up.

Jungkook and I have gotten closer to each other, thanks to his constant teasing and our identical interests. We always order the same set of food during lunch and unexpectedly bring the same snacks every morning. It has also become our routine to visit the DVD Store near our school after class and borrow different kinds of movies, and today it's Hannah Montana. At night, he messages and calls me just to tell me some random things that just pop out his mind, just like what happened now.

 

"Next semester, there will be a singing contest and we need a representative for our class." Yuju informs the whole class.

"I nominate Roseanne Park!!" Bambam shouts so loud enough for the class next to ours to hear. I look behind and eyed him, showing my refusal through my face.

"She sings so good that back in middle school she won the first place in one of our singing contest!" He even dares to add.

Oh gosh. What is he thinking?

"Oh! I heard her singing when we were reviewing one time in the library and she sounds so good." Winwin says supporting Bambam's statement.

How dare these two? Ugh!

"So, will you do it?" Yuju asks. No. I don't like.

I was about to say no when Mina interjects "Yes, she will."

And there, I heard the loud cheer of the whole class.

Wow, just wow. Are they even really my friends?

After school, the 9 of us went to a fastfood near our school to somewhat fill our empty stomachs.

"I am so excited for you Rosie." Chaeyeon squeals as we wait for our order.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter