breathe

Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"And I can't breathe." chapter five breathe        

 

"Yah! What are you doing?!"

Soojung and Seokjin looked up to see their six male friends standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Joon Oppa! You're home!" Soojung exclaimed in shock, knowing she might be in trouble. She swallowed the lump in .

Seokjin's eyes couldn't even blink. His hands were a bit shaky at the sight of his friends there, seeing him kiss the girl he was in love with. Oh, he could feel the tension happening right there, and he was worried what Namjoon might say or do to him for kissing his sister.

Namjoon's eyes narrowed at the two of them. "Hm, yeah, I called you to tell you that. And you hung up on me! Then Seokjin didn't even talk to me very much! I had to come home to make sure everything was okay."

"Everything is perfectly fine, Oppa." Soojung approached her older brother carefully. "Nothing went wrong at all."

"Except we saw you two smooching," Hoseok butted in, telling it as it is.

Soojung looked at all the faces of the males there. She could see Jungkook's, Taehyung's, and Jimin's shocked faces. Also Yoongi's blank face. And of course, Hoseok's curious one. Oh how they were all different.

"Is it true? You two were smooching it up?" Namjoon asked her.

"Are you two dating now?!" Taehyung asked unexpectedly.

Soojung blinks at the sudden question, unable to really answer either of her brothers.

Seokjin could tell Soojung was a bit overwhelmed at the moment. He immediately went up to approach them. "Ah, Namjoon, please." He touched Soojung's shoulder gently.

Namjoon gave a look towards the older male. "Yah, don't tell me that I didn't see you two kissing. So there has to be something going on here."

Soojung looks up to Seokjin, unsure of what to even say. She was lost of words.

"Ah, really, Joon. We were just being together. You can stop the pressure here," Seokjin told him. "Please, you're scaring Soojung a bit." His hands held her, assuring her that he will take care of it.

"Yah, you're too young to be dating," Namjoon said to Soojung.

"I'm sixteen years old now, Oppa. I think I am very capable of dating if I wanted to," Soojung said to him.

Namjoon looked at his sister before looking at Seokjin and then back at her. He sighs. "You know, Jin, can I talk to you for a second outside?"

Seokjin swallowed his lump before nodding his head. "Sure, Joon." He removed his arms from the girl and then followed the tall figure out to the backyard, leaving the rest of them in the kitchen.

Soojung watched the two of them walk out before looking at the other five males in the room. "Um, hey guys?"

Jimin's figure was immediately attached to her, his arms wrapped around her frame. "Ahhh! Noona!"

"Ah, yes?" Soojung blinks as she couldn't move.

"You and Jin Hyung are so cute!!!!" he exclaimed to her.

"So is it true? Are you guys dating?!" Taehyung asked his sister again. He never got his answer, so he was going to keep asking until he did.

Soojung heard her little brother's question again, but she sas still unable to answer him. "Um-"

"Does kissing feel good?"

Everyone looked at the youngest person in the room at his odd question.

"Jungkook," Yoongi said. "What the heck?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. "I was just asking! I've never kissed a girl before!"

"And you never will if you keep asking weird questions like that." Yoongi immediately grabbed the younger's neck in a playful way, rubbing his fist on his head.

Soojung couldn't help but smile at Jungkook's innocence. He was the youngest of their group and usually had the most questions to ask besides Taehyung.

"Yah, Noona! You still haven't answered my question!" Taehyung pouts. "You need to stop ignoring me!"

"Aigoo," Soojung sighs. "I'm sorry. It's just- I don't know what to tell you. I mean, Seokjin Oppa and I aren't really dating at all."

"But we saw you two kissing?" Hoseok questioned her.

"Yes- But that doesn't mean we are dating."

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. "You're not dating behind our backs now are you?"

She shakes her head at him. "No, we are not. I mean, Seokjin Oppa is really kind to me and has taken care of me very well. But I never thought he would like me like that or anything."

"Did he tell you he likes you?!" Jimin asked her with a curious and hopeful look on his face.

She shakes her head again to the younger on her waist. "No. He didn't say-"

"What? Really?"

"No, he never said anything. He only kissed me."

Yoongi hums at her words. "Only kissed you? That's all?" He exchanged a look with Hoseok.

 

Outside, Namjoon and Seokjin were talking things out.

"So what's the deal with my sister, Jin?" Namjoon looked at him while his arms were crossed.

Seokjin rubbed his nape, unsure of how to answer him. "There's nothing going on, Joon! I mean, yes, you saw me and her kiss. But that's all that happened!"

"You sure there isn't anything going on? You seemed pretty protective of her. And she seemed to rely on you?"

Seokjin could feel Namjoon's piercing stare going right through him. He knew that Namjoon wanted a clear answer from him, and they weren't going to go anywhere until he got that answer. "Look, Joon, I'm going to be honest." He turned away from the other male, taking a deep breath. "I love your sister. I've had the biggest crush on her ever since I met her. She's been different than other girls. I mean, you've seen lots of girls follow me around or try to ask me out and so on. I never could bring myself to pursue them or even talk to them. It was always Soojung."

Namjoon was listening to Seokjin's honest reply. He was actually quite surprised about this. He never knew that Seokjin had such feelings for his little sister. He would notice how protective Seokjin is of Soojung, or how Seokjin would be around her. But he only thought it was because Seokjin is his friend and Soojung is his sister. He thought his friend was just looking out for his sister. This was unexpected.

"I never thought I would feel so deeply for her. Especially since I wanted to respect you and Taehyung." Seokjin sighs again as he closes his eyes in deep thought. "I kissed her first. I made the move first. I've been waiting eight years to do that. Now that we will be heading to the university, I feel like I won't see her as much."

"Jin-" Namjoon started out, approaching the other male. "I never knew. I honestly had no idea how you felt. I guess my older brother senses always just had to be on."

Seokjin looked at him. "She also told me her story. Her story before she was brought in by your family."

"Oh? She did? She never talks to anyone about it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter