can i have this dance? ; eight years later

Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Can I have this dance?" chapter four can i have this dance? ; eight years later        

 

As time had passed on, Soojung learned a lot from her new experiences. She attended school with her brothers and her friends, learning a lot about her world around, the world that she had not been able to explore for three years of her life. With the help from her friends, her brothers, and her parents, she was able to gain knowledge, gain experience, gain more than she could ever imagine.

She had grown up into a young lady. A beautiful young lady. And one who was also becoming more and more wise. Her pure heart has grown bigger. She has grown.

 

"Soojung, come on. Don't you want to go out tonight? It's Friday night and the other guys already are out at the movies."

Soojung looked at the male next to her. "I'm sorry. I just don't feel well enough to go out. I just want to be at home, Seokjin." She slumped into her seat on the couch, staring at the television screen's moving pictures.

Seokjin looked at the girl he's known for eight years. His eyes were continuing to look upon the girl. There was something about her that he still could not get.

It's only been eight years since they had first met. And Seokjin, Yoongi, and Namjoon were already studying to go to a university. Soon, the three of them would be apart from the other five. Seokjin has always stuck with Soojung and been beside her, but he felt that she still would not tell him everything. Although they were practically best friends, Soojung was still hiding something from him. He was bound to get her to talk to him about it, but she still kept quiet.

"Soojung," he started out.

The girl didn't even look at him. She just sat there, watching the television.

"Soojung," he said again.

Still no answer.

He sighs and then takes the remote to shut off the television. "Soojung, we have to talk."

Soojung blinks and then sits up more properly, looking at him. "What about?"

"We need to talk. I feel like something is bothering you, and you are hiding it from me."

"But nothing is bothering me, Oppa. I'm completely fine."

Seokjin looks into her brown orbs, knowing that she was lying. He took her hand in his, holding it and caressing the back of her palm. "Soojung. We both know that that is not true. Something is bothering you, and it's worrying me. Please talk to me. You know I will listen."

The sixteen year old girl looks up at him, knowing that he was right. There was something bothering her. She did not like this one day at all, and she did not want to go out because of the one thing that traumatized her on this very day many years ago.

"I- I'm sorry, Oppa." She looked down at their hands. "It's just- It is something I don't like remembering."

"Something? Soojung, please, I've known you for so long now. And you've never told me something like this," Seokjin calmly told her. "I'm really worried."

"Because I don't like talking about it. And it makes me feel hurtful feelings."

Seokjin sighs, squeezing her hand. "I'm sorry. I- I won't ask." He lets go of her hand and stands up. "I need some air. I'll be right back." He then goes off outside towards the backyard, wanting to sit outside for a bit.

Soojung sniffles, feeling her emotions wanting to take over. She knew that he was upset about her not wanting to talk. But it was something that hits her hard. It was her worse day yet, at least in her life so far. How could she easily just talk about it? It's not something she feels she needs to tell. But yet, it is what makes her who she is. It made her go into the orphanage. It made her come into this family with Namjoon and Taehyung. It is what caused her to become friends with Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Jungkook, and Seokjin. It's what has shaped her into her. Why should she feel ashamed of this? If it didn't happen, she wouldn't be here with Seokjin at this moment.

Soojung sighed, closing her eyes. She was in deep thought about this. Should she tell him? It was her right to do so or not. But she was thinking about how much it means to Seokjin that she isn't talking to him about her one issue. Does it really mean so much to him?

Making her way up, she stood onto her feet, a heavy sigh being let out. She made her way out to the backyard, where she heard Seokjin talking to himself quietly. Based on what she could hear, it was venting.

"Why can't she just tell me? What is there to hide? What could be so bad to not talk to me about? I'm her best friend. Does she not trust me?"

"Of course I trust you."

Seokjin looked up from the hammock he was sitting on to see Soojung standing close to him. He was so busy with venting out his thoughts that he didn't notice her presence. "Oh, Soojung. I didn't see you there." He immediately looked down at his last couple words.

Soojung inhaled and exhaled deeply as she took a seat next to him. "Oppa?"

"Hm?" He did not look up.

"I trust you."

Those three words made him look at her. "What?"

"I trust you, Oppa."

"You don't." His voice trailed off a bit.

Soojung used her left hand to hold his right hand. "I'm sorry I haven't told you before." She looks up to him, her brown orbs twinkling with the moon's bright white glow. "I should have told you. And I want to tell you, my back story."

Seokjin blinks in surprise. Just a few moments ago, she refused to tell him about her background. And now, she is going to tell him? What just happened?

"Soojung," he sweetly calls to her. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I won't force you. I don't want you to tell me because I stormed off."

She shook her head. "No. It's time I tell you what happened to me. Why I don't like going out on this day. Why I feel so much hurt on this day."

Seokjin sighs and then nods his head, gently looking at her. He was embracing what he may hear from her. He didn't know what to expect, but he wanted to prepare his sensitive heart to hear it. "Okay. I'll listen." He let her take a moment to think and give her a breath.

Soojung took in a deep breath, exhaling with nerves in her system.

"Take your time," he says calmly, squeezing her hand again. "I've got all the time in the world."

She softened her expression as the feeling of nerves began to disappear. Being with Seokjin made her feel comfort and gentleness. "Okay. It's okay. I'm okay." She takes another deep breath in and out. "Well, you know that I became Namjoon Oppa's and Taehyung's sister years ago."

He nods his head, still listening closely to her voice.

"Well, I was in an orphanage before that. For three long years." She breathes deeply again as she begins to recall the past. "Those years weren't like the hard knock life kind of orphanage. Yes, we still did chores and did things to keep ourselves active, but it wasn't the typical type of freedom. We were limited. Our schedules were specific." She looks up to the stars in the sky. "I barely made friends there. We were all like acquaintances. I never really had a good friend to turn to there. I watched them walk out the front doors."

Seokjin was quite taken back. He never thought an orphanage would be so reserved. He knew that Soojung was pretty shy and reserved herself, but he guessed being in an orphanage can really make a young girl turn like that.

Soojung continued with her story, "Before I was put in the orphanage, I had a wonderful family. I do love my family now, too. But I miss my family, my real family." She looked down at her hands again. "I was only five years old at the time. On this very day, eleven years ago, I was on vacation with my family, and we were going home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter