a little bit longer

Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"A little bit longer and I'll be fine." chapter two a little bit longer        

 

Soojung was sitting in the back seat with her brothers, right in the middle of them. She had no idea where they were going or what they were going to do, but she hoped that it would be along the lines that they were talking about. What would it be like to go to the park with her family? What would it be like to go on a trip again? What would it be like in general with this new family of hers? There were many questions in her head that she wish she could know the answers to.

"Daddy! Where are we going first?" Taehyung asked excitedly as he looked out the window.

Youngsuk was taking the wheel, keeping his eyes on the road. "Well, looking at the time, it's about ten o'clock in the morning. So I was thinking for today that we go and see a movie. And then after that, we will head out to the park for a picnic for lunch. Mom has packed a cooler of food and drinks for us for later on."

"Omo! Really? Are we also getting ice cream, too?!" the little boy added on, still not wanting to give up on his favorite treat.

"Of course we will, dear. We are going to go after our picnic at the park. Don't worry. We will not leave that out," his mother responded to her cute son's wanting.

As the family drove to the theaters, Soojung was looking out the windows, discovering the area that she was around. Before, she only got to see the outside of the orphanage. Not much further. She would only step outside the orphanage's building and see the things around the building, but not anywhere or anything else. It felt good to see something other than the same buildings and walls that surrounded her.

Seeing to her left, she saw Taehyung trying to open the window so he could stick his head out of it. She could only grin at her little brother's actions. He's too innocent and cute. Gosh. And to her right, Namjoon was looking out the window like the perfect brother, quietly waiting for the car ride to go by. He's very proper for his age, surprisingly. You would think that boys would be very active and wild. Completely different brothers and personality, but together, they are the perfect duo of brothers to have.

Soon enough, the family was arriving in front of the theaters. Youngsuk and Yoojin got out of the car first and quickly helped their children out of the back seat. Youngsuk carried his young Taehyung on his back while Yoojin was holding both Namjoon's and Soojung's hands up to the front of the theaters.

Soojung had never been to a movie theaters in all her life. Even when she was with her biological family, she never went to the theaters. She was too young at the time and her parents did not want to worry about her not being able to sit through the movies. And of course, the orphanage never took them to the theaters, nor really anywhere. They never had much of a field trip.

Youngsuk took care of buying the tickets once he put Taehyung down to his feet. Once all the tickets were taking care of, the family went into the theater and of course, the family has to have a couple snacks to munch on while enjoying a movie. Popcorn, nachos, Red Vines, and a couple of drinks. That's all they needed to enjoy a movie. Entering into the movie theater, the family took a seat.

"Soojung, would you like some popcorn?" Yoojin asked as she prepared a small bowl of the popcorn.

Soojung looked up and nodded her head. "Yes, please."

Passing the bowl to her, Taehyung was eager to have a bowl as well. "Mommy! I want one, too!"

"Of course you can have one, Taehyungie," his mother chuckled as she made a bowl for him.

"Can I have some of the nachos?" Namjoon spoke up.

And with that, snacks were being passed from one person to another right before the movie started. Eyes were diverted to the large screen in front of them as the lights were going down and the theater began to hush down from all the mumbling.

Soojung's eyes were looking right ahead to watch the movie. This was a first that she was sitting in the theater. It was a new experience for her. She was quite amazed on how much people would go out and watch movies and eat snacks. She wish she could have done this when she was a lot younger.

 

 

After the movie was done, the family was exiting the theater and heading back to the car.

"What did you think of the movie?" Yoojin asked her children.

"Mommy! I wanna watch it again! Can we see it again?" Taehyung shouted as he skipped across to the car, still being careful of his crossings.

Chuckling, the mother shook her head. "No, not now, Tae. Remember? We have plenty to do today."

"Okay, Mommy! I really loved the movie! I wish I could be that cool!"

"You're already a cool kid to me, Son," Youngsuk laughs as he opens the car to help the children inside, getting them all buckled. "Alright, kids. We have a nice picnic ahead of us. So I hope you still have some room for Mom's snacks."

Namjoon leaned in his seat, a grin on his face. "Of course I'll always have room in my stomach, Dad."

Soojung just smiles. She was quite hungry, too. Even though she ate quite a bit of popcorn during the movie, she still needed a little more to fill her stomach's needs.

Youngsuk chuckles along with Yoojin, making their way out of the busy parking lot and heading out back towards their neighborhood.

On the way, Taehyung continued to talk about the movie in the car, keeping the car awake and lively.

Soojung was just grinning at her little brother's excited behavior. Unfortunately, her biological brother and sister were not this hyper. Her siblings were more calm and collected, like Namjoon. But she was glad she had someone that showed such behaviors and considerably the hyper one of the family. 

Namjoon nudged her arm a bit while she was in thoughts, trying to get her attention. "Hey," he quietly called to her.

She looked to her right, humming in response.

"Did you like it? Going to the movies?" Namjoon kindly asked her. In his mind, even though it was still fresh to him that he now has another younger sibling. But he felt it was right to take care of her, make her feel comfortable in her new family. He was the older brother to her. He should be taking care of his younger sister, protect her.

Soojung smiles and nods her head. "I did. It was great. I've never done that before."

"Really?" Namjoon, in shock, questioned. "I'm surprised you've never been to the movies. We first took Taehyung when he was about four years old. I think I first went when I was five or six. I can't remember though."

Shaking her head, Soojung told him, "I was really little when I was put in the orphanage. Before then, I was too little to sit in the theater."

"I see. But I am glad we were able to make a good first experience for you then," Namjoon says, showing her a smile.

Soojung felt so comfortable with him. Of course she should though! He's the older brother figure to her now. He wants to make her feel welcomed.

With her and Namjoon talking comfortably, they soon arrived at the park. Getting out of the car, Yoojin quickly grabbed the cooler filled with food and drinks from the back trunk while the kids took time to get out of the car.

"Yay! I love the park! Can I play on the swings, Mommy?!" Taehyung shouted to the sky as he began jumping in his place.

"Not just yet, Sweetheart. We need to find a place to sit first before we go and play," his mother responded to him as she held his small hand in hers.

Youngsuk looked around the park, seeing how there were plenty of neighborhood children around and their parents. Spotting an empty table, he pointed at it, his feet beginning to walk in that direction. "Over there. Let's head that way."

Namjoon takes Soojung's hand and leads her over where their father was heading as Yoojin was bringing Taehyung and the cooler.

Once he reached the table, Youngsuk parked himself there. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter