Chapter 5: Stay

Ghost Allergy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Jennie!” Lisa beamed when she saw Jennie fluttered her eyes open as she stretched her arms.

“What time is it?” Jennie yawned as she rubbed her eyes.

“It’s 9 in the morning!” Lisa giddily said and Jennie swore she could imagine her jumping in happiness.

“Ugh, why are you being so loud at this hour?” Jennie groaned and sat on the edge of her bed.

“Because we shouldn’t waste time, have you forgotten?”

“Hearing you won’t let me forget okay? And I have other things to do other than looking for your so-called home.” Jennie said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

“Like?”

“I have to study.” Jennie deadpanned and Lisa sighed.

“Fine. After you study we’ll continue the search, deal?”

“Yeah, sure. Whatever.” Jennie stood up and went outside her room. She saw Rosé cleaning their dorm by herself, Jisoo was nowhere to be seen. “Where’s Jisoo?”

“She went out jogging outside.” Rosé casually answered and she looked at Jennie’s miserable face. She held back her laugh. “Bad morning? What happened to your face?”

“Lisa happened.” Jennie answered and walked towards the bathroom.

“What did I do?” Lisa asked.

“She disturbed you in your sleep?” Rosé asked.

“I’m in the middle of my dream when this ghost started being so loud and hyper like a kid who ate a bunch of sweets.” Jennie said before washing her face. 

“Oh, thank God I can’t hear ghosts. I would’ve died at an early age if I could.” Rosé joked. 

Lisa just chuckled and just waited for Jennie to finish what she had to do for that day. While Jennie was studying in her room, Lisa observed Jisoo and Rosé messing around on the couch as they were watching a movie, merely paying attention to the movie they’re watching.

Hours of waiting felt like years already for Lisa. Jennie hasn’t come out of her room yet and it was already nightfall. Lisa sighed and peeked her head through Jennie’s room to see what she was up to only to find out her head was buried on her study table. Lisa chuckled and shook her head as she walked inside and stood beside Jennie. Lisa lowered her head to study Jennie’s face. Lisa smiled, Jennie looked like an angel when she’s sleeping yet when she’s awake she look and act the opposite. Lisa lightly tapped Jennie’s shoulder to wake her up.

“Jennie.” Lisa softly said in Jennie’s ear.

“Hmm.”

“Shouldn’t you be sleeping in bed?”

Jennie lifted her head massaged her sore neck. “I fell asleep?”

“Yeah, you did.” Lisa chuckled. “You should rest.”

“Wait, but I promised you something.”

“You looked tired already.”

“I got bored that’s why I fell asleep.” Jennie reasoned and sighed heavily. “And besides, you’ve been insisting me to help you for the past days instead of doing important things.” Jennie mumbled.

“I’m sorry if I’m pressuring you. It’s just that I—”

“You want to go home, I know.” Jennie unenthusiastically said as she looked down. 

“I don’t want to disturb you anymore. And try to think this way, if I finally found my way back home then there wouldn’t be a loud ghost tagging along with you. You’ll be finally at peace and you won’t hear me again. It’s just a win-win situation.” Lisa halfheartedly chuckled.

“The thing is...I don’t really want you to go just yet. I mean having you around could be sometimes annoying but...you make me feel safe when I hear you.” Jennie sighed and lifted her head. “Can’t you just stay?”

“But I have to. As much as I want to stay I still have to go.” Lisa held Jennie’s hand and the latter looked at her hand when she felt something warm on her hand. 

“Are you holding my hand?” Jennie asked.

“Yes.” Lisa answered and Jennie half-smiled and put her free hand on top of her own and she felt something warm as her hand landed.

“I really wonder what you look like.” Jennie halfheartedly chuckled.

“I’m taller than you.” Lisa chuckled.

“You’re really one weird ghost you know that?”

“And why is that?”

“You’re warm compared to the other ghosts.”

“I am?”

“Yeah, as warm as a human touch if that makes sense.” Jennie giggled.

“Really? Wow, do you think this means something?”

“I don’t know, just because I can feel and hear you doesn’t mean I know such a thing.”

“You know what, you’re better when your sleeping.” Lisa joked as she giggled.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’re harmless when you’re asleep.”

“Yeah, I think I should just sleep and not help you.” Jennie sarcastically said an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter