Chapter 4: Unseen Knight In Shining Armor

Ghost Allergy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie has never felt so good waking up in the morning since she had an “allergy”. She had a very good night's sleep. No ghost bothered her last night, not even Lisa.

She stretched out her arms and opened her window to let the air come into her room. She knew So-won left their dorm last night but she didn’t know if the little girl was going to come back or has she left for good. Either way, she felt good for talking with So-won last night. She felt somehow useful and she hoped she would be fine wherever she was now.

“Lisa?” Jennie tried to call the ghost but no one answered.

Jennie just shrugged, thinking maybe it was Lisa’s thing to not be around every time she wakes up. She didn’t know but it doesn’t bother her that Lisa was not around unlike yesterday, maybe it’s because she knew the ghost would come back and would never really leave just like what she promised.

She walked out of her room and made a coffee for herself, Jisoo and Rosé were nowhere to be found. Probably still asleep in their room. She checked the time and it was just 7:30 in the morning. It was unusual for her to be up early, but it seems to feel right.

A few minutes later, Jennie saw the two groggily walking out of their room, their hair was still a mess and Jennie had an idea. She hid somewhere where she wouldn’t be found.

Jisoo yawned and stretched her arms as she walked to the table. She saw a mug of coffee and she frowned.

“Is Jennie awake already?” Jisoo asked Rosé, the latter looked around to see if Jennie was to be seen but she was never found.

“Nope, why?” Rosé asked as she yawned.

“If she’s still asleep, then why is there a coffee on the table?”

“Are you sure? Maybe you left it there last night.” Rosé went to the fridge to get herself a lemon juice.

“Why would I even drink coffee at night?” Jisoo scoffed and she touched the mug to see if it was hot. “And this mug is hot.” Jisoo said and Rosé touched to mug as well to see for herself.

“Maybe the ghost had coffee?” Rosé shrugged.

“Why in the world would a ghost have coffee?”

Jennie tried to keep her laugh silent as she was watching the two being confused.

“Psst!” Jennie called and the two startled.

“Did you hear that?” Jisoo asked, being cautious.

“I did.” Rosé said, looking around.

“Psst!” Jennie called again.

“Hey, whoever you are, show yourself and fight me!” Jisoo shouted even though her knees had started to tremble.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Rosé whisper-shouted as she clung onto Jisoo’s arm. 

“That ghost needs to know I’m the boss here.” Jisoo bravely said even though her hands were starting to shake as well.

Jennie couldn’t keep her laugh anymore, she revealed herself to Jisoo and Rosé while she was laughing like there was no tomorrow.

“What the hell, it was you?!” Jisoo exclaimed and went to slap Jennie repeatedly on her arm. “It's not even funny at all!”

“You should’ve seen your faces! I can’t!” Jennie laughed.

“You really scared us!” Rosé ended up laughing as well while shaking her head. “It‘s not cool, don’t ever do it again.” Rosé went to get a slice of bread and put it in the toaster. “Why are you up so early?”

“I don’t know, good night's sleep I guess.” Jennie shrugged and got her coffee on the table.

“Wow, good for you then." Jisoo said and got herself a bowl, milk, and a box of cereal. “Where are your friends?”

“I don’t know, they haven’t talked to me since I woke up.” Jennie shrugged.

“Oh, you’re already up.” Jennie heard Lisa. “I just witnessed a movie-like father and daughter interaction last night. It was the sweetest thing ever, I shed a tear.”

“Oh, Lisa’s here.” Jennie said. “Wait, where’s So-won?” She asked Lisa.

“Oh um...she left for good. She’s an angel now.” Lisa sadly smiled.

“Really? Good for her.” Jennie sadly smiled.

“Wait, what are we missing?” Jisoo asked as she shove a spoonful of cereal in .

“Remember So-won? She went to heaven now.” Jennie said.

“Aw, she must be a sweet kid if only she’s still alive and breathing.” Rosé said.

“Yeah, I bet she was too.” Jennie agreed.

“But you know what Jennie, you should stop talking to a ghost. No offense Lisa. I mean, you look like you’re crazy because it looks like you’re just talking to yourself.” Jisoo said.

“Yeah, I just realized that too.” Jennie nodded. “But don’t worry Lisa, I will still talk to you, but only in private.” Jennie grinned.

“I appreciate it.” Lisa said.

“So, you’re going back to work?” Rosé asked Jennie.

“Yup. Since So-won’s in a be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter