Day 0: Before Discovery

Night Time Angels {1 Year Hiatus}

Day 0: Before Discovery

"Help! Help! Please save my mommy!" Jin Hee shouted as she bangs a wooden door. She cries profusely and screams as fire bursts. She is stuck in her room with her mother who is suffocating because the bedroom lacking of oxygen. It is midnight and no one is home except for them.

"Jin Hee..." Jin Hee cries and turns around before walk towards her dying mother. She kneels and hugs her mother tightly and cries her heart out.

"Aunty Suzy will take care of you. Mommy will wait for you." Jin Hee shakes her head and said, "I don't want to stay with Aunty Suzy."

"You have to, sweetie," said Jin Hee's mother. Her eyes close and her head lays on the floor. Jin Hee's eyes becomes watery and shouts, "Mommy!"

"Mommy!" Jin Hee wakes up and sits immediately. She breathes heavily and sighs before looking herself on the mirror located at the left side of her bed. Her hair is damp and her clothes are drenched from sweat. Jin Hee sighs heavily and looks at the clock that is ticking loudly. It is 3 AM. Jin Hee said to herself, "I should had put an all-nighter."

Jin Hee gets off from bed and take off the bedsheets before putting the bedsheets inside a royal blue basket. She puts her blanket as well and carries the basket. She walks out from her room and turn on the lights before heading downstairs. She heads straight to the laundry room and do the laundry. Then, she decides to take a bath since she feels uncomfortable.

 

"Hi Emily!" Jin Hee greeted as she saw Emily waving at her early in the morning. They walk to school and Emily examines Jin Hee. Her expression is unusual. Very unusual for her. Emily asked, "Does your nightmare came back?"

Jin Hee nods and replied, "I barely fell asleep."

"Do you need me to accompany you?" Emily asked. Jin Hee shakes her head and replied, "It's okay. You have to go to your extra class and take care of your little sister."

"Well... I think you should get a Night Time Agent," Emily advised. Jin Hee raises an eyebrow and asked, "What's that?"

"They are agents who will help customers like you to sleep peacefully. They will listen to your nightmares and dreams," Emily replied. Jin Hee nods and Emily said, "All of them are boys."

"Boys?! Oh my god no! I'm scared if anything happen to me. Like seriously, a girl and a guy are not supposed to be in a house together," Jin Hee panicked. Emily sighs and asked, "Then you want to faint at school?"

"N-no." Emily smiles and places her left palm on Jin Hee's right shoulder. She said, "You'll be fine."

"Is there anything else I should think?"

"Don't worry, Jin Hee. They are trained strictly and true professionals for this. They won't hurt you. Besides, my friend used to get some help from this app. Trust me, she can sleep well already. I won't force you," Emily said as she handed Jin Hee a purple business card. Jin Hee took it and replied, "I'll think about it."

"I know you rarely trust strangers to come at your house, especially at night. But don't worry, they had an exclusive contract which restrain their actions. They had all the rules and guidelines," Emily said. Jin Hee sighed heavily and put the card inside her purse. They arrive school and part to go to their class.