The Revelation

Daisies and Rues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Two updates in a row! 

 

"Here are your black bean noodles and kimchi. Would you like anything else sir?” the waitress asked Yoongi and Taehyung, after setting the utensils on the table.

"I don’t want anything more thank you, what about you Taehyung ?” Yoongi asked. 

“No sir, this is more than enough.” Taehyung smiled. 

Upon hearing this the waitress nodded politely and wished them to enjoy the meal. 

“Taehyung, you can just call me hyung outside duty ours.” Yoongi smiled through the steam rising from the hot noodles.

Taehyung briefly nodded his head and dug into his food.
 

The sound of traffic outside, clinking cutlery and soft conversations surrounded them. A TV ran in the corner of restaurant to keep company for the lonely eaters. A strange silence enveloped the two. Both knew exactly what they had to talk about but stalled to do so. 

Yoongi  stared at Taehyung for a while and decided he better start telling him everything. Pinching a bit of kimchi with the chopsticks he asked, “Taehyung, do you know about the Bahk Tiger geondal?”

“The most powerful criminal organisation in Seoul? Yes I do. The were know for narcotic and weapon smuggling. They were the most feared criminals in the whole capital and were considered almost untouchable until two years back a crack down on the organisation was conducted and many were convicted.” Taehyung said everything in one breath. 

Yoongi was impressed with his knowledge, “ Yes exactly. But one thing you might not know was that this very crackdown was my undercover assignment two years ago.”

Taehyung stared at him, his mouth full of food and eyes wide. “So you mean hyung, you were the one behind dismantling the major Mafia network ?”

Yoongi chuckled,” Taehyung ah! You really overestimate me! It was a team work. Let me tell you everything in detail.”

Yoongi pushed the plates aside and leaned over the table. Taehyung too quickly swallowed his food and put down the chopsticks, to pay his utmost attention. He had always admired Yoongi as a role model. But after knowing that he was the part of the story which had changed the course of criminals in Seoul, it was enough to make him worship Yoongi.

Yoongi took a deep breath and continued. 

“Bahk Tiger was originally a small street gang often having insignificant clashes with the police. But over the time, the number of the thugs in this gang started increasing and naturally their activities. Their acts started taking a more violent turn and soon involved into smuggling of weapons and drugs as well as extortion. Their close connections in government and police force, protected them from any lawsuits and let them walk scot free.”

“But soon they started targeting teenagers coming from poor or unstable family. They promised them a better life and help in their careers, in exchange for doing their dirty jobs. Having no one else to look after them, the kids took the bait and soon… rampant smuggling of drugs started..that through school bags!” Yoongi exclaimed in an air of disgust.

“Oh! That explains the increase in number of kids in reform homes during those years.” Taehyung stated.

Yoongi nodded back in agreement. “The increasing brutality of Bahk Tiger’s crimes and the use of innocent teenagers gave the authorities a headache. Immediately a crackdown on the whole criminal network was ordered. A special task force was created of which I was a part. After a lot of deliberation, it was decided that I would go undercover to work for the gang, spy on them and get all the confidential information.”

“So I was given a fake but convincing identity, with which I approached the Bahk Tiger. I introduced myself as Suga, a rebellious but desperate boy in need of money and ready to do any work. Since those were the kind they looked for. They bought my lie and put me up to do the odd end jobs in the restaurant owned by the gang. Coincidentally this restaurant was also the headquarters of all their illegal activities. But such meetings were held within the private quarters, which were heavily guarded all the time. Obviously they would never let me in. The only way in was through the staff’s quarters located on the very same floors.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter