Unexpected Meeting

Daisies and Rues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The police station bustled with activity as the morning sun rose. Civilians and police officers kept going in and out of the station, minding their own business. People with glommed faces, sat on the waiting benches, keeping up with their cases. While the criminals peeked from their cells, bored within the four walls. A constant murmur of conversations made up the background sound of the place, with the occasional ringing of the phones and the shutting of the doors. 

Clad in crisp, ironed uniform and smartly parted hair, Police Inspector Min Yoongi sat at his desk. With a cup of coffee in one hand, he was going through the paperwork of the day. No person passing by, forgot to greet him. After all he was the most admired officer of the station house. Known for his workaholic and dedicated demeanour, the achievements in his career would impress anyone. He had lead many high profile cases to fruitful results.But the milestone of his career so far was an undercover assignment he had undertaken two years back. No one really knew the details, but whatever Yoongi had achieved, it was enough to promote him to his current position. 

Sharp footsteps were heard approaching Yoongi’s desk. Yoongi looked up from his pile of papers. “Ah Taehyung ah! Good Morning!” he smiled at him. 

Taehyung took off his cap and greeted back, “Good Morning to you too Sir”. Although Yoongi treated him warmly, Taehyung was more than smart enough to always use the honorific. He was the Sub Inspector after all. Coming from the same hometown as Yoongi and having shown remarkable potential, Yoongi had gladly taken him under his wing. Taehyung had always been a very capable and active officer, ready to take up any challenge and accomplish them. Hence Yoongi always looked forward to work with him, someone who shared the same passion as him. 

" Ready to meet the magistrate, Inspector Kim?" Yoongi asked. 

"Yes Sir. I have all the documents organised as per your email." Taehyung patted the briefcase in his hand. 

"Ah! Good, good. Just wait till I file these papers, then we can leave." Yoongi replied.

Taehyung replied a small 'sure' and waited beside his senior, watching the sound of flipping pages fill in around them. 

 

 

 

Minju let out a sigh as she sat on the police station bench. Half an hour had already passed since she had arrived. She was waiting for the Inspector Jung Hoseok to arrive.

Minju was an aspiring pastry chef and lived in the city all by herself. It wasn't new to her, growing up without any family, she had spent most of her life in foster homes until her aunt took her in. Past recent years hadn’t been particularly easy for her. Even after facing the unexpected and sudden downs in her life, her dream to open her own cafe and desert bar was still alive. Doing odd jobs here and there, she had saved up some money and finally opened her own cafe. But her problems didn't see an end. One morning she arrived at the cafe,  only to find the newly painted walls of the cafe vandalised by some not so good graffiti art. Dejected, she was forced to file a police report. 

And here she was, reluctantly waiting for the respective officers, to get an update on her complaint. She knew cases like this were mostly a dead end but the officer working on it seemed too optimistic that they will find out something. 

Minju let out another sigh and wiped her wet palms on her jeans clad knees. She cast a tired look around the station to see if she could spot Inspector Jung Hoseok handling her case. She also had to get back to work.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter