Just Say Yes! - 6

Just Say Yes!

Writer's Note:

 

I suggest that you play Justin Bieber's That Should Be Me all through out this chapter. 🤗

Here we go with chapter 6! 😊

 

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

"Please stop running away from me. My mind's getting all worked up. I'm trying to figure things out but I can't seem to find the answer. I just wanna talk, please."

 

The sadness and worrisome on Jiyong's face made me flustered that my brain stopped working for a second.

 

"I'm not running, Ji. I'm just.. I just got a lot of things to do." I said, unsurely.

 

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought you're mad at me. You seemed to igmore my text and calls. Also, I can't see you around campus which is strange." He said then he bowed his head.

 

"No, Ji. Why would I be mad? Stop overthinking things. We're fine." I placed my hand on his shoulder, assuring him that everything's fine. That we are fine.

 

"Okay. Sorry for overthinking things but, seriously please answer my texts or calls. I really need you to help me with our essay assignment. It is already due tomorrow and I'm still unsure of the structure of my work." He said and scratched the back of his head. I think I will never get enough of how adorable his small actions can be and how it makes my heart flutter all the time.

 

I giggled and answered him, "Okay little kid. I'll help you." And I laughed harder when he pouted.

 

"Call me as many names as you want, I wouldn't mind. As long as you will not avoid me and will talk to me." He said and again, I saw a flash of sadness and hurt in his eyes.

 

"Look, Ji. I'm really sorry for making you think that I'm mad at you or avoiding you. I promise it won't happen again. I was just really...", I paused as I thought of a word to best describe what I was doing for the past couple of days, "busy." I said as I settled for the word busy instead of telling him that I myself was overthinking things.

 

"It's fine. Its not as if you have any obligations with me." He answered. We were quiet for a moment before he asked me questions regarding the essay.

 

"I think this will do." Jiyong said after we finished working for our essay. His work is not a mess as how he has described it, it was rather a decent work for someone who, as he said, does not write often.

 

"Maybe because of your talent in writing songs, your work is not really a mess. I'm impressed actually." I said and gave him a thumbs up.

 

"Ya! You don't have to flatter me. You're already forgiven from your sins, don't worry." He said and ruffled my hair. This kind of small gestures are the ones that I miss.

 

"Anyway, I should get going. I'll be late for my last class." I told him as I gather my things up, preparing myself to leave.

 

"Hey. I can accompany you on your way to your house later. In exchange for the help you've given me." He said and then he grinned at me, flashing his complete set of his white teeth to me.

 

"Oh no. You don't have to. As partners, we were really suppose to help each other in doing our essays." I told him and waved my hands at him, saying that I'm fine.

 

"Exactly. We were suppose to help each other but you were the only one helping me. I was not, in any way, able to help you." He said and laughed then continued speaking, "And please don't say no. I'll be thinking that you're avoiding me again." He then bowed his head.

 

"Okay fine. But please do tell Kiko that I'll be walking with you two later."

 

"Don't worry. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. Besides, you're friends with her, right?" He said and I just nodded.

 

"I'll text you later." He said and waved me goodbye.

 

"You'll be fine with walking with them later, right?" I said to myself and went to my next class.

 

 

~~~

 

"Let's meet at the cafe. 🤗"

 

After I read Jiyong's text message, I went to my locker to leave some books before going home. On my way to the locker, I saw Jiyong and Kiko at the end of the hallway. I pressed my back on one of the lockers, hiding myself from their view.

 

"Why do you need to walk her home? Babe, we have a date today. Can you just walk her home tomorrow instead?" Kiko said to Jiyong while she clings to his arm.

 

"Babe, we can still have our date today. I texted her that we'll just meet her at the cafe." He said while brushing the strands of hair from Kiko's face.

 

Ouch. That gesture hurts. Do I really have to endure that later? While we're walking home, I'll keep on thinking that that should be me. That if Ji knew that I am his childhood crush, he and Kiko will probably be JUST friends right now. That I'll be in Kiko's place and my place will be Kiko's. Ugh! I'm starting to get greedy about this. If only I didn't knew that Ji was my childhood crush.

 

Before bursting out there and ending up revealing my true identity, I decided to take the long route to the exit of the university and brought along all my books instead of dropping them at my locker. I didn't want to further listen to the discussion between Ji and Kiko.

 

I'm walking with my head bowed down when I felt someone put his or her arm around my shoulders and held my head. I was about to push the person beside me but the familiar scent of strawberry lollipop entered my nose. I decided to just let my body fall into his arms while walking.

 

"Are you okay noona?" He asked.

 

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just..." I paused, "I'm just tired." I said and put my arms around his waist for a more comfortable postion. Ji Hoon got my things and carried it before he started talking again.

 

"What's the matter noona? And where are we going? I was just suppose to startle you but you reacted differently from what I expected." He said and snickered.

 

Instead of answering his questions, I decided to just walk out of the campus and lead him to the cafe. I don't think having a company while waiting for the lovebirds will do me any harm.

 

I told Ji Hoon all the concerns that's clouding in my mind. I told him how I was trying to stay away from Jiyong and how I felt being a bit greedy when I see Jiyong with Kiko. If the one I'm talking with right now was the stubborn and childish Ji Hoon he would have laughed at me. So I was taken aback when he answered me seriously.

 

"Noona. Instead of staying away from hyung, I think you should talk to him and Kiko. Y'all are friends with each other and it would really make them question your sudden awkwardness towards them. I mean wouldn't you question me when one day I wouldn't talk to you or pretend to be busy but it's so obvious that I'm just trying to avoid you?" He asks.

 

I ponder on his words and realized that he was, indeed, right. I should really talk to them but maybe I should start with Kiko first. I need to hear her reason for pretending to be me. I just nodded at him and opened the door of the cafe. We sat on a the table I was at when I met Jiyong. Ever since then, this table was "my spot" every time I go to this cafe. At least I have my own place in this cafe, unlike in Ji's heart.... Ugh! That was so corny I should stop thinking.

 

We were busy talking with each other that we did not notice Ji and Kiko's arrival. I was suprised when Kiko sat beside Ji Hoon, leaving the seat beside me for Jiyong to sit on. What's more surprising is that Ji Hoon and Kiko seems close with each other.

 

"So. Were you able to go to the registrar's office without bumping into someone today?" Kiko said; she seemed to be in a friendly relationship with Ji Hoon already. Am I missing something?

 

"Oh yeah. Thanks to my ever caring and pretty tour guide." Ji Hoon said and winked at her to which Kiko giggled in response. What the hell is going on?

 

"Hey. Are you okay?" Jiyong whispered.

 

"Uhm yeah." I simply replied. I was about to ask Ji Hoon how they knew each other when the waiter approached us.

 

"Excuse me. Can I take your order?" The waiter said.

 

"Oh yeah. Two carbonaras with iced tea please." Kiko said.

 

"Oh babe. I'll just order a french toast with iced mocha." Jiyong corrected Kiko.

 

"Oh babe. That order was actually mine and Hoon's." Kiko said and offered a fist bump with Ji Hoon which he accepted.

 

"Hoon's? You have a nickname for Ji Hoon?" I asked before I could even stop myself.

 

"Yes. It wasn't my intention but Hoon was easier to say than Ji Hoon." Kiko smiled sheepishly after answering.

 

I just look at Ji Hoon and ask him, with my eyes, what the hell is happening. I mean I just told him about Ji and Kiko and now she was friends with Kiko. He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled apologetically at me. He also mouthed "sorry I didn't know" before Kiko pulled his arm urging him to face her and talk to her.

 

"Did you and Kiko fought?" I asked Ji directly. I am very confused and none of my questions are being answered. If Ji Hoon is too busy with Kiko, I should at least talk with Ji.

 

"Nope. We're fine actually. Why did you ask?" He said.

 

"Uhm because she is not giving you any attention and is focusing on someone else? And usually, couples would want to sit together. But you're sitting on opposite seats." I told him making it sound like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

"Then why is that you and your boyfriend are sitting on opposite seats?" He said and crossed his arms on his chest.

 

"Whuuut? Ji Hoon's not my boyfriend. He's ou-- my childhood friend."

 

"Oh really? Coz last time we saw you here, it didn't look like you and him are just childhood friend." He said while he quoted the childhood friend with his fingers.

 

"What? When was that?" I asked.

 

"I can't remember but maybe it was last week or the week after last week. You guys were sitting beside each other and his arms were draped around you." He elaborated.

 

"Oh that. He was comforting me that time because of a certain situation with someone." I said then I bowed my head. I was afraid he would be able to read my expression and tell that that certain someone is him.

 

Thankfully, he wasn't able to ask further because our food came already. Jiyong and I eat quietly while the two people in front of us were talking while eating. There hands are busily moving as they feed themselves and animatedly talk with each other. I can see that they sure do enjoy each other's company.

 

What the hell is Ji Hoon doing? Now that he knew that Kiko is Ji's girlfriend, he should have offered Ji his seat and talked to me. I don't want to see him being close with Kiko. I mean I don't mean him being friends with her but not just when I'm here.

 

And what the hell is with me? Why am I being so demanding and greedy with Ji Hoon? I'm not like this before ugh. What is wrong with me?

 

This crap is getting out of hand. And I need to pull myself together before something inside me explodes.

 

 

 

 

Writer's Note:

So, here's JB' That should be me for Dara's situation but with whom exactly does she want to say that? 🤔

Anyway, thank you for still reading! 사랑해! 💙