Just Say Yes! - 5

Just Say Yes!

DARA'S POV

 

Ji Hoon's been continuously texting me since our dinner. Even though I can feel every bits of awkwardness towards him because of his sudden confession, I'm still trying to act normal.

 

"I cannot just ignore his feelings. I have to settle it before I hurt him further." I said to myself while lying on my bed.

 

I was thinking of various ways and better words to make Ji Hoon understand me better with lesser pain to be inflicted. I love our maknae and I really don't want to hurt him in any way possible but I also know that not hurting him is impossible especially with our situation.

 

As I think of various ways on how to tell him, sleep has engulfed me and brought me to a deep slumber.

 

 

~~~

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

It's a sunny day and sweat is flowing down Ji Hoon's face as he is walking around the university looking for the registrar's office. Today is his first day and he is currently looking for the office to be able to have a one - on - one orientation.

 

"Aigoo. Before I even tire my brains out, I've already tire my body out. Why is this school so freakin' huge I can't even look for their registrar's office?!" Ji Hoon was talking to himself while looking to his left and right, hoping to see a sign that says 'This way to Registrar's Office' that would definitely make his day perfect.

 

When Ji Hoon turned aroung the corner, a small body collided with him. Due to the impact, and maybe because of Ji Hoon's strong and stern body built, the small body is now sitting on the floor.

 

"Oh. I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?" Ji Hoon's voice was filled with concern as he eyed the girl carefully. Ji Hoon reached out his hand, hoping the girl would receive it and let him help her stand up.

 

"Yes. That definitely hurt but I'm fine thank you." The girl lifted her head and accepted Ji Hoon's hands.

 

"I'm really sorry for bumping into you and I really really want to show you how sorry I am by, perhaps, accompanying you to the clinic but I definitely can't lead the way. So if you cou-" Ji Hoon was breathelessly when he was cut the soft chuckles of the girl in front of him.

 

"Slow down will you? My hurts like hell but not to the extent that I need to go to the clinic to have it checked. I'm fine really." Said the girl and smack her own showing that she was, indeed, fine.

 

"Thank goodness. Now, I really want to chat with you more so that I'll be gaining myself a new friend but I really need to hurry. I think I'm already super late for my orientation." Ji Hoon said the looked at his wristwatch. Ji Hoon's eyes grew bigger as he saw that, indeed, he is running super late.

 

The girl in front of him giggled which caught the attention of Ji Hoon and gave her a questioning look, to which the girl answered with another giggle.

 

"I think that was the biggest pair of eyes I have seen in my whole existence." Then she giggled again. "Let's go. I'm a student here so I can show you the way to the Registrar's office." She said, showed her i.d and then walked towards the direction of the office without waiting for Ji Hoon's reply.

 

Ji Hoon knows that he cannot say no to the offer as he will definitely just get lost again if he tries to look for the office again so he decided not to argue and follow the girl.

 

"I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Ji Hoon. And you are?" He said as he catch up with the girl.

 

"Oh right, introductions are a must for first time meetings. I'm Kiko and single." The girl, whose name is Kiko, said to Ji Hoon then winked at him.

 

Kiko laughed out loud as she saw the shocked expression plastered all over Ji Hoon's face.

 

"Oh no. I didn't ask your name to ugh... you know to uhm... a - ask you *ehem* out. No, that was not my intention. I ju - just uhm i just want a friend. Tha - at's all." Ji Hoon explained as he didn't want the girl to misinterpret his desire to gain a friend. Again, he was answered with a laugh.

 

"Dude, your reactions are priceless! I can prank you all day." Kiko said while holding her tummy which is probably aching because of laughing too much.

 

"Whaaat?" Is the only word that came out from Ji Hoon's mouth.

 

"Okay. Let's be clear. No one's hitting on anybody. And I'm not single so chill." Followed by another laugh from Kiko.

 

Before Ji Hoon could say how shocked he was, the girl knocked and open the door on her left. 'Registrar's Office. WELCOME! 🤗'

 

'Oh we were here before I knew it.' Ji Hoon thought. He cursed at himself when he saw that the office was just above the entrance of the building before he entered the room.

 

"Oh hi Mr. Pyo! I would really like to tour you to the school but I'm running late for a meeting." The person inside of the office said.

 

"Oh where are my manners? Take a sit. I'm Ms. Oh, the secretary in this office." The woman said as she reached out her hand for a hand shake, which was received by Ji Hoon.

 

"Oh. Your orientation will be quick since you're late. But it doesn't matter. I'll ask Ms..." Ms. Oh said while facing Kiko and still not letting go of Ji Hoon's hands.

 

"Kiko ma'am. Kiko Mizuhara." Kiko answered while eyeing their hands and Ms. Oh finally let go of Ji Hoon's hands. Ms. Oh then reached for a transparent envelope on her table.

 

"Oh yes. Ms Mizuhara shall tour you around the university and tell you about the rules and regulations of the school. Here are your files. The paper on top is your registration form and it shows your schedule. You can ask Ms. Mizuhara to show you the assigned rooms for your subjects." She said as she handed out a transparent envelope to Ji Hoon.

 

"Oh I'm really sorry for this sudden favor Ms. Mizuhara and thank you as well. Mr. Pyo, you can just go back here during your break time tomorrow for a more thorough orientation. But for now, I really need to go because my boss might kill me if I don't get there right now." As the two students can now sense that Ms. Oh need to go, they just nodded and decided to left the office.

 

"Please don't tell me that the reason that she starts every sentence of hers with an 'Oh' is because her surname is Oh?" Ji Hoon asked Kiko. Kiko started to laugh and was later on joined by Ji Hoon.

 

"That is also my first and last thought everytime I enter that room." Kiko said and laughed again.

 

"So I guess you're stucked with me the whole day." Ji Hoon said after their laugh died down.

 

"Yeah. I don't mind pranking you all day." Kiko said to which Ji Hoon grunted as an answer.

 

 

~~~

 

DARA'S POV
 

I was walking my way to the library when I heard Jiyong's voice calling out my name so now I'm half - walking, half - running. After I entered the library, I immediately went to a table near the librarian, which is now coincidentally fully occupied. I sat between two freshmen, based on their id's, and started opening my book. 

 

I set the book vertically, to cover my face, and looked for my earphones. After I put on the earphones, I've set the book down and was about to study for real when I've seen the note in front of me.

 

 

I don't know what's wrong or if I have done something wrong. But if ever I'm already forgiven or when you are ready to talk to me, please tell me. Text me please.

- Ji :(

 

 

Okay. I'm feeling guilty right now. I feel like scolding myself for avoiding Jiyong. Ughhh. I let out an unnecessarily loud grunt which earned me a couple of glares and shh-es from the people seated at my table.

 

After thinking and debating whether I should go and see Jiyong or not for a good 15 minutes, I decided to do the former. I fixed my things and walked outside the library and to my surprise, Jiyong was standing at the end of the hall way - hands in his pockets and head bowed down. I mean he need not to look like a freakin' model when all he's doing is leaning on the freakin' wall, waiting for Kiko. Or not.

 

I was about to quietly walk the other way when he lifted his head. I saw that his lips turned into a sad smile and walked towards me before speaking.

 

"Please stop running away from me. My mind's getting all worked up. I'm trying to figure things out but I can't seem to find the answer. I just wanna talk, please."


 

 

 

 


Writer's Note

Tadaaaa~ sorry for the long wait (if ever someone's actually waiting kekeke).

 

I've been trying to adjust from my working life and I seem to be losing time for writing. I can never adjust myself from waking up 4:30 in the morning just to get ready for work.

 

Anyway, thank you for reading! I really appreciate it! 💙🤗