Just Say Yes! - 8

Just Say Yes!

Hi readers! So this chapter's going to start from the dinner when Kiko tried to explain herself to Ji Hoon. Enjooooy! 💙

KIKO'S POV

"So Dara is.. she's the.. the little girl.. the inspiration.. Jiyong's.. I mean she's.." I know my nervousness can be felt. I just can't talk straight right now. What a coincidence? How small can the world be?

"Yes. She's that girl. She's THE girl. So why did you say it was you?" Hoon asked. I was taken aback but his smile soothed me.

"You can tell me everything, anything. I'm not judging you. Just make me understand why you needed to lie. I just want to understand you." He continued.

I heaved a deep sigh and started to explain myself.

"I... I want to talk to you separately. Let's meet tomorrow. I can't explain it now because I don't know if I can contain my feelings while explaining myself." I said.

"Okay. Let's meet tomorrow. At the cafe after your last class. Now let's eat coz I'm starving." He smiled at me then started eating.

I started eating as well but can't help into thinking where I should start in order to explain myself.

After the dinner I wanted to tell everything to Dara and Jiyong but at the same time I wanted to stay with Ji longer. So I felt so uneasy while we were bidding our goodbyes with each other.

When Ji asked me about the ice cream encounter he and Dara had, I really felt troubled. I can't even think properly. I wanted to be in this position for a longer time but I can't also stop myself from thinking about the what if's.

What if Jiyong find out? What if Dara find out? What if both of them leave me? What if No one would find out? What if I get the chance to tell Ji that I'm not his childhood crush? Will I tell him? What if tomorrow I'll be caught?

These were my thoughts last night after the dinner up unto now, while waiting for Hoon at the cafe. I can't sit still while drinking my 4th glass of water. The ice on my vanilla iced coffee are now melted.

I jerked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder but later relaxed when I saw that it was Hoon.

"You scared the out of me, Hoon." I angrily told. "You should've warned me. Or called my name when you were approaching me." I continued.

"Dude you need to chill. I didn't mean to startle you okay? I also didn't know that you will be this tensed." He said.l and seated across me.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. Maybe the pressure of telling you my reason while thinking whether I should reveal my secret to Dara and Ji is already eating me. I'm sorry." I said to him then gulped the remaining water in my glass.

"It's fine. That's why I'm here. You're going to tell me the story, right? It will lighten up your burden I promise." He smiled and patted the top of my head.

"Did someone ever told you how soothing and relaxing you smile is??" I said and laughed. But I was not teasing him. Its the truth. His smile made me relaxed and comfortable. Maybe that is also one of the reason as to why I'll be telling the reason behind my lie.

"Anyway. I honestly don't know where to start this." I paused. Heaved a deep breath then continued.

"I lied to Ji because I like him. Hoon did you know that after I graduate, I'll be sent to Korea to marry someome I don't know? I wanted to experience real love. To love someone I truly love and be loved by that person genuinely. I learned about the arrange marriage before I entered college. I never want to marry someone I don't even like but I can never argue, my parents will never listen."

I stopped talking when I saw Hoon raising his hands towards my face. He placed his hands on my cheeks and gently wiped my tears. I'll never know I was crying if not for that action of Hoon.

"Do you know who's son you are going to marry? Did they at least let you know about his name?" He asked.

"They want to tell me so that I could look into him and check him out but I refused. I said no because there's no point in knowing him and I thought that I'll just deal with him when time comes."

Both of us became quiet, neither of us know what to say. I laughed when both of us picked our drinks up and sipped on it.

"What's funny?" He asked

"I just find it amusing when we sipped on our drinks in the same damn time." I said while laughing.

"I didn't know that simple things such as that can make you laugh." He replied while shaking his head side by side and chuckling.

"What do you mean by that? I love simple things." I said and pointed at the coffee I am drinking. "They give you life, you know." I continued, shrugged my shoulders and sipped on my drink.

I heard Hoon's chuckle before he continued speaking. "Anyway, the point here is, give the guy a chance. I bet both of you don't like being set up so even after the dates and both of you still don't like each other, then call off the arrangement. The power of two is still better than one, you know."

"Okay, fine." I said and rolled my eyes at him before we laugh. "Thank you," I said when our laugh died down, "I was keeping it from everyone. I was trying to solbe this problem by myself. Thank you for noticing. Thank you for asking. Thank you for listening." I continued and hug him.

"I wish my fiancee is you. At least you know me already and I'm confortable with so we can skip the getting-to-know-each-other stage then we can just agree to get married and stay as friends." I blurted out before I even realize how selfish that sounded.

"I'm so sorry. I tend to say anything that comes to my mind when I feel relaxed already. I'm really sorry." I said and pleaded at him.

"Nah it's fine. Actually, I have already observed that behavior of yours and its funny." He chuckled.

Ji Hoon. Why can't it be you? I don't think you will hurt me as much as Jiyong's doing. Why can't I teach my heart to love you? Why is it that I didn't meet you first? Am I going to be selfish? If I will secretly use you to help me forget Jiyong? Are you going to get mad at me and leave me?

~~~
Sorry for the super late update. I was very busy in my work I can't even write a draft.

Hope y'all enjoy reading!

Thank you! 💙