Just Say Yes! - 7

Just Say Yes!

JI HOON'S POV

 

 

I felt bad for noona when I knew that Kiko was hyung's girlfriend. I mean I wanted to comfort her because I know the feeling when you see someone you love taking care and loving another person. But I can't just suddenly ignore Kiko, especially now. She keeps on talking to me and being touchy. I actually know what she's trying to do - trying to get hyung's attention which, sadly, is not working. Hyung's been busy talking with noona. It actually looks like he's trying to get some information from noona or he's trying to make noona admit something.

 

Kiko was talking animatedly but I decided to cut her off to confirm my assumptions.

 

"Hey. Stop trying to get your boyfriend's attention amd just tell him to sit beside you." I whispered.

 

"I am not.. uhm I am not trying to get anyone's attention. Especially not Jiyong's." She answered defensively.

 

"Really? Because I know you can be quite the loud type of person when talking but not this loud and active. You've been acting slightly weird, you know that?" I told her.

 

"So as I was saying, the cat at my neighbor was really fat they have to carry her from one place to the other." She said then laughed forcefully. I was just looking at her, saying nothing with my arms crossed over my chest.

 

"You know what? I know we just met but I can definitely read what's on your mind and I can tell that something's bothering you. Spill it." I told her. Seriously. There's no point in giding it from me. I may look like I don't care about my surroundings but actually, I'm a very observant person. "I'm a Pschyology student so I know things. 😉" I added.

 

She slowly put down her hands on her lap and looked at the side of Dara noona and Jiyong hyung, then she bowed her head and began talking.

 

"Look at him. He's been bugging Dara these past few days. I know that they're only together because of their essay assignment. They've been spending time together, talking about each other's lives, knowing stuff about themselves, discovering secrets of the other. It felt like they have known each other for 10 years or more when in fact they only know each other for what? A week or two?" Kiko's voice was soft and trembling. I know she was trying to stop her tears from falling. Her confusion's been consuming her mind and not talking about it with her boyrfriend is making it worse.

 

"I am the girlfriend for 3 years but it feels like I have little knowledge about my boyfriend and a ton about Dara. Ji just keeps on talking about her. Everytime we go on dates, he will mention things about Dara. Or if he saw something that is Dara's favorite or something she hates, he will be talking about it for a long time. I have ask his friends if he has ever mentioned me to them, about my favorites and not, they told me he only talks about me when he needs to leave because he needs to meet me or something." She continued. Kiko has now lifted her head up and is now smiling at me with her eyes conveying the sadness and hurt that she is feeling at the moment.

 

"Well it is actually true that they have known each other for years, 13 years to be exact." I told her. Kiko's eyes grew so big I thought they were going to pop.

 

I laughd and said, "I think that was the biggest pair of eyes I have seen in my whole existence", I copied what she said to me on our first meeting and smirked at her.

 

"Hey stop it. What do you mean? How? What 13 years? Where?" She asked continuously.

 

"Wait since our food's coming, I'll answer your questions later if you promise to answer mine as well. Deal?" I asked in which she answered with a nod.

 

"So can you tell me now?" Kiko asked after she sipped on her iced tea.

 

"Can you please eat your food first? I mean we're not in a hurry." I laughed when she rolled her eyes at me but still followed me.

 

"Okay. So me, Dara noona and hyung. The three of us are childhood friends. We've known each other when we were still 7 years old. Math math math, we've known each other for 13 years." I said then stuffed my mouth with carbonara and bit the garlic bread. Okay, their garlic breads are to die for.

 

"So Dara is.. she's the.. the little girl.. the inspiration.. Jiyong's.. I mean she's.." I can sense her shock from the incoherent sentence she's blabbering right now.

 

"Yes. She's that girl. She's THE girl. So why did you say it was you?" I ask her. I saw that she was taken aback so i smiled at her.

 

"You can tell me everything, anything. I'm not going to judge you. Just make me understand why you needed to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. I just want to understand you." I continued.

 

I saw her shoulders relaxed but before she talked, she heaved a deep sigh.

 

"I.."

 

 

~~~

DARA'S POV

 

 

"Hey Hoon. See you at school! You'll never know when this pretty creature will pop out." Kiko winked at him and raised her hand for a high five. I heard Jiyong laughed.

 

"I don't think there's someone else whom I'll ever call and consider a 'pretty creature' besides this noona." He quoted "pretty creature", smirked at Kiko then put his right hand on my head and pulled me closer to him.

 

"Ha ha. Very funny Ji Hoon." I whispered at him and lightly punched his tummy. I heard him whimpered but laugh afterwards.

 

"Of course. Dara's pretty. Oh, scratch that. She's gorgeous." Kiko was looking at my eyes intently and then smiled genuinely. Owkay? What was that for?

 

"I think there's something wrong with the iced teas that you guys drank. You both are acting weird." I said while my head's still stuck under Ji Hoon's big hands. I realized that this position feels so comfortable so I looked at him then smiled.

 

But wait. Am I the only one who's finding this weird? Are they trying to play a joke on me?

 

"You're weird too, you know?" He said and slightly pinched my noes. I playfully slapped his hands but he ruffled my hair. I was about to punch his tummy when I heard Jiyong cleared his throat. I looked at him curiously but I heard Ji Hoon's smirk before he looked at Ji as well.

 

"But what they're saying is true. You're pretty, Dara." Jiyong said and looked at Kiko as if asking her to back him up. Kiko just nodded and smiled at me but I saw a hint of sadness and pain in her eyes. What the hell is wrong with Jiyong? Did he just ask HIS GIRLFRIEND to back him up in saying that SOMEONE ELSE is pretty?

 

"What the hell is wrong with you Jiyong? And you? And you?" I said to the three of them while pointing them. "Is it April Fool's today? Stop fooling me and let's go home." I said and tugged Ji Hoon's waist, which I didn't know when I put my arms around his waist, and started walking towards my home.

 

"Wait. I thought we will walk you home?" I heard Jiyong shouted.

 

"Nah. My house and Ji Hoon's is actually near each other. He could just take me home, right Maknae?" I said and looked up to meet Ji Hoon's eyes. I didn't know how close his face to mine was until I felt and smelled his breath on my face.

 

"Of course I'll take her home safely." He said in a low tone voice but could be heard by Jiyong and Kiko. He then smiled and looked at me before he did the same to the couple. "Don't worry. I got my noona. You two should continue about your date." He said then winked at them.

 

We weren't able to hear their response as Ji Hoon put his arms around my shoulder, turned my body to the direction of my house and walked.

 

 

~~~~

JI HOON'S POV

 

 

"Noona. Do you want to get your favorite ice cream before we go home?!" I said, trying to divert her attention to me.

 

"Jeez Ji Hoon, you didn't have to yell. I'm right beside you, i can clearly hear you." She said while covering her ears. I purposely talked loudly because I didn't noona to hear hyung's call for us. Besides, it will take our time if noona heard his voice and that we will all get home late.

 

"Sorry noona. I just got so excited to eat ice cream with you again. It's been a while you know." I said and sheepishly smile at her. She just laugh at me and punched my tummy. I just looked at her then laugh. It's really been a while that I get to spend time with noona. It's been a while that she smiled at me. Because of me. For me.

 

When we reached an ice cream parlor, we immediately ordered our favorite flavors. 

 

"Chocolate chip cookie dough and salted caramel, one scoop each pease. Thank you."

 

Noona immediately ordered and smiled at me. She winced when I pinched her cheeks.

 

"Ouch!" She said and slapped my arms. She crossed her arms on her chest and glared at me.

 

"Can't help it noona. Your cheeks looks so stuffed and fluffy when you smile." I said and laughed. She was about to scold me more but our order was given already.

 

We walked to a two-chaired table. We immediately dig in on our ice creams and noona started ranting about my "insensitivity" a while ago and how weird the situation a while ago was for her.

 

I was willing myself to listen to her stories and rants but I just can't help myself from staring at her. I may look like an idiot right now but who cares? I'm looking at the woman who makes my heart beats so fast I can't breathe.

 

 

~~~

KIKO'S POV

 

 

"Dara! Wait!" Ji shouted. What now? Did he finally realize that Dara is THE girl?

 

Dara didn't probably hear him as they continued walking. I put my arms around Ji waist to get his attention.

 

"Babe? Let's go?" I told him when he faced me and smiled at him. Ji looked at Dara and Hoon again before he turned back to me, smiled and nodded.

 

We started walking towards the park near my house, which is also near Ji's. We sat on the swing and looked at the stars. I was admiring the bright and beautiful stars when Ji spoke.

 

"Do you remember when you tipped your ice cream? When you were crying but also singing to calm yourself?" He said before he looked at me and smiled.

 

"Yes of course. How would I forget? That's the day that I met you." I said and smiled at him.

 

This smile is the reason why I lied. This is smile is the reason why I became selfish and pretended to be somebody else. Ji, why does your smile needs to look like this? Why does it have to look so comforting and engaging? It's so unfair.

 

I didn't want to lie. I didn't like to pretend eigher. I wanted to be me as well. To be appreciated for who I really am.

 

Ji loved me for who I am. Well, for who he thought I am and I don't mind. As long as he loves me, I'm okay with it.

 

I'm sorry Dara. Can I hold onto your position for a little longer? Or maybe forever? I don't know when the both of you will find out but I don't mind staying in this position for a little while.

 

Also, the fact that both of you knowing nothing about the real identity of each other won't hurt, right?