Just Say Yes! - 3

Just Say Yes!

DARA'S POV

 

 

Today is Saturday and today is the day that Jiyong and I will be meeting for our essay assignment. We decided to meet up at a coffee shop near the school, probably the coffee shop he was pertaining to the last time he and Kiko will meet up at.
 

to know that I will be at their favorite meeting place but whatever. Ever since I knew that Jiyong is NOT single, I already told myself that he will only be my friend and that's it. I don't want to steal him from Kiko coz Kiko's a really nice girl and I have seen how happy theyr eally are and again, I never want to ruin that.
 

Anyway, I arrived earlier than Jiyong. We were suppose to meet at 10am but it's only 9:30 on my watch. I actually planned to arrive earlier because I wanted to have a sit on those comfy sofas. Who else here always wants to sit on sofas every freaking time they're at a coffee shoooop? 🙌🏻🙌🏻
 

Luckily, there were only a few people at the shop and I was able to sit on a table that has 4 sofa chairs; 2 sofa chairs on each side.
 

I sat on the side facing the door so that it would be easy for Jiyong to see where I am.
 

After I ordered my favorite iced caramel macchiato, I texted Jiyong that I was at the cafe already and that he could take his time, that I just really arrived early for the sofa chairs. I also told him that he should text me if he's already near the cafe.
 

I put my earphones on and grab my book while waiting for Jiyong.
 

After a good 45 minutes, a paper slid on the book the book that I was reading. "Fifty Shades of Grey? Really?", the note said.
 

I immediately kept the book I was reading . I felt my cheeks burning, obviously due to embarrassment, when I looked up and saw Jiyong seated at one of the chairs in front of me.
 

I definitely told him to text- I stopped talking to myself mentally when I've seen 3 messages from Jiyong.
 

Hey. I'm just looking for a pair of shoes that will match my outfit today and after that I'll be on my way
 

Found one. OMW to the cafe
 

Saw you ;)
 

Okay. Why did I turn my phone to silent mode? Oh my gosh this is so freaking awkward!
 

"So uhm yeah listen. You know uhm.... that book. Someone just-" I was cut-off by his cute chuckle. Again. He has to stop that ugh.
 

"No biggie. You don't have to explain. I'll keep your little secret, don't worry." He said and winked at me.
 

Okay that wink just made it worse. I can't stop myself from scowling at him and pouting my lips afterwards which he just laughed at.
 

After he ordered his coffee, we started talking and telling stories to know each other, after all, more stories would mean better essay for us. I discovered that he has an older sister. He said he has 2 dogs and 2 cats as well. He said he likes the color red and black. He told me that he is very interested in music and fashion, that one of his dreams is to be a well - known and respected producer. He told me that his dream to be a producer is one of the reasons why he chose his course. 
 

"Is there a specific 'someone','something' or perhaps an experience, that inspired you to produce music? Like for example your father who used to play guitar or something."I asked him.
 

"My father do know how to play a guitar but, no." He said with an amused look and continued, "he was not the reason why I wanted to produce music. Honestly, aside from what I told you in class before, when I was a kid, I've heard another kid crying on the playground in our neighborhood. I thought that the kid was just crying for no reason but as I was approaching the swing she's seated on, she was actually singing while crying. I was unfamiliar with the song she was singing so I asked her. She told me it was her song. She said it was her crying song." Jiyong chuckled and paused for a moment. He looked at the window as if he can see the little girl again.
 

"She was singing a melody that is full of emotions. I can feel her sadness. When I asked her why she was crying, she pointed at the melting ice cream on the floor. She told me that when she rode the swing, which was too high for her, she unconsciously tipped the ice cream for the cone that resulted to losing her ice cream. I can remember how she cried harder as I laughed at her. I told her I would buy her another scoop of ice cream if she would record the melody she was singing. " he continued. His smile never left his lips.
 

"This story. This story feels so familiar." I thought to myself. My heart beats fast as he continued telling his story.
 

"At first she hesitated, telling me that I could be a part of a modus and that I will kidnap her." He chuckled. "I told her I live around the neighborhood and pointed at our house. Coincidentally, her house was next to mine and so she said yes. I bought her an ice cream and she recorded the melody that she was singing on my recorder." He continued telling his story. I felt uneasy as his story feels so familiar on an experience I've had before.
 

"We became friends since then. We always go to the ice cream parlor and I always asked her to record a new melody if ever she has a new one. She didn't know that all her melodies, I turn them into a song. I wrote lyrics for each melody and record it on my own. I wanted to give it to her as a gift of friendship. I also wanted to give it to her on the day I would tell her I like her." He told me while looking into my eyes. My throat became dryer as he continues his story. I don't want to assume that the kid he was pertaining to was me. There could've been lots of kids that had the same experience, right?
 

"But that day didn't come. Their family moved out. She didn't even say goodbye to me." His voice filled with sadness.
 

"Wait Jiyong. Uhm... where is... where is this neighborhood if... if I may ask." I stuttered while asking. I wanted to confirm it. I wanted to know if he was the same kid I used to hang out with before.
 

"Oh it's in the YG City. Our village was called Apple Village." So I was right. Jiyong and the small kid from my former village are the same. I was not able to speak because I was too shocked so I just nodded and let him finish his story.
 

"Anyway, I was devastated, I thought that they moved because she doesn't like me. But it was all cleared out. I was able to talk to that girl." He said and smiled beautifully. "I learned that Kiko and my childhood crush were the same people."
 

"Wait what?! Kiko? How?" I blurted out before I could even stop myself.
 

"Well, like what I'm doing right know, I told Kiko this story and she told me that the girl was her. So I wasted no time, I asked if I could court her because I've been waiting and wanting to be with her, my childhood crush, and she said yes."
 

"How sure are you that the kid is Kiko? I mean did you ever ask for her to sing the melody? Or did you ask her what address she lived in before? Maybe Kiko was not the girl you were looking for?" I asked. 'Coz it's me. I am the girl who cried on a swing because she was clumsy to tip her own ice cream.
 

"Oh. I did ask for a melody but she told me she can't remember any because it was 10 years ago and I totally understand her." He told me but base on his expression, I knew he was confuse and curious as well.
 

Not for me. I can remember every single melody I recorded before. I thought to myself by I didn't say it. I didn't want to ruin their relationship.
 

"So anyway, enough of me. How about you? Any interesting story?"He said as he sipped on his iced americano.
 

"Oh yeah. Well uhm. No interesting episodes really." I cleared my throat before speaking again, "You will only see my fangirling if I were to tell you something or anything about myself."
 

"I don't mind. I want to know you more." he said and leaned forward, positioning his two elbows on his knees and his hands cupping his chin.
 

"Owwkay. I warned you about it so be ready." I ended up talking about how dark and addicting it is to enter the Kpop world. I myself didn't know how it happened. I swear I was talking about wanting to learn different languages and my desire to travel the world.
 

He was laughing his off when I told him how I scold people who says that Koreans are Chinese, just because they have the same eyes, when the waiter served us a slice of red velvet cake on our table.
 

"We didn't order anything. Maybe your mistaken." Jiyong said to the waiter.
 

"No sir. Someone asked me to give this to the lady you are with. Ma'am." He said and gave me a note after he placed the the slice of cake on our table.
 

"Oh wow. Thank you, Dara's secret admirer." Jiyong said as he grabbed the fork and eat the cake. "Oh this cake is delicious. Can I finish it all, Dara?" I just nodded and looked at the note.

 


 

I really wanted to talk to you but I'm shy. I'll probably be more confident when I see at school. Here's my number +639157894321. Text me if you want to know who I am.

P.S PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TEXT ME. I want to be friends with you Dara. As creepy as this note could get, please trust me. I am not a bad person. Please Text me so that I could know your number.

- P.O

 

 

I chuckled because this note was overflowing of desperation and need to be friends with me. 
 

"Oh, I can see that your happy to receive a note from your secret admirer." Jiyong teased me.
 

I slightly crumpled a tissue that I saw then threw it at him and told him to shut his mouth and just wipe the cream on the side of his mouth.
 

I kept the note to my bag while laughing at Jiyong. I'll deal with that later, I told myself.
 

Jiyong and I worked on our essays together. We were in the middle of writing out intro when he received a call from Kiko.
 

"Hey babe... No baby we're not yet done... It's just me and Dara... Of course you can join us." Jiyong looked at me and mouthed 'Right?', I smiled and nodded in response.
 

"Take your time babe and be careful on your way here. Okay, bye." He put his phone on the table and continued writing.
 

We were nearly done in our introduction when Kiko arrived. Kiko, the childhood crush. I wanted to confront her and ask her why she told Jiyong that she was the same kid in Jiyong's story but I stayed quiet when I saw how happy Jiyong was upon seeing Kiko. He's happy now. Let's not ruin it. I told myself.
 

I really wanted to focus on doing the body of our essay but their PDA in front of me is not, in any way, helping me to construct anything. Aside from the PDA, questions of Kiko and Jiyong's "childhood" keeps on popping into my mind. Let's just stay quiet and not ask. Let's just stay quiet and not ask. Let's just stay quiet and not ask. I keep repeating to myself.
 

"Jiyong told me you were his childhood crush." I ask before I could stop myself from asking. What a curious bunny ugh!
 

"Oh yeah. He was so in love with the melodies I sang when I was a kid." Kiko said. 
 

"No babe. I was so in love with YOU and your melodies." Jiyong said and kissed the tip of Kiko's nose.
 

"Okay. That's it lovebirds. I'll bounce if that's what you want." I said while laughing. I knew my mouth too much. I know I will ask weird questions to Kiko that will make the three of us awkward. I didn't want to end our meeting that way so I decided to leave the two at the cafe.
 

I said my goodbyes to them and started walking out of the cafe. I can't help myself but look back at them. They were inseparable and happy and contented with each other. I can see it and I could not let myself ruin their moment. Even if I knew that that moment belongs to me, the real childhood crush.




 

Writer's note:

 

Meet the new character, P.O! Let's see what his role will be in this short story. Sorry for the late update. I just can't think of anything to write kekeke~

 

Hope you guys enjoy it! Thank you! 💙