Day Two

Love Makes You Evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Day Two  ||  Boryeong-si Chungcheongnam-do, South Korea
Distance  ||  125 kilometers
Travel Time  ||  1 hour, 45 minutes

Wendy wakes up to the sound of stifled laughter. She opens her eyes slightly and the first thing she notices is Johnny sitting with his back against the wall as Seul Gi rests back against his chest, with nothing but a color lace bra and jean shorts on.

Jackson didn't come to the hut last night, he texted Johnny saying he was spending the night with a local and it was so hot Seul Gi didn't want to bother with a shirt. ‘It's not a big deal’ she said, ‘it's only you and Johnny here and I don't have anything you guys have never seen before’.

“Stop it we’re going to wake her,” she giggles. Johnny whispers something into Seul Gi’s ear.

“Too late,” Wendy speaks up, hoping that by knowing she is awake they will quit their flirting. Wendy doesn't feel any better than she did yesterday.

The two give each other a meaningful look before separating. Seul Gi pulls on a shirt smiling brightly, “Hey sleepy head, you're finally up.”

“What time is it?” Wendy yawns.

“Half past eight, last I checked,” Seul Gi says.

“Have you guys been awake for long? You should have woken me.” Wendy says, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

“And disturbed your dreams are you kidding? You looked like you were having a good time,” Seul Gi winks.

She isn't wrong, Wendy blushes. Last nights she'd dreamed of Johnny. She snuck a glance at him and shivered when their eyes met.

“Here.” Seul Gi pulls a water bottle out of a large camping backpack and Wendy takes it, throwing her head back and drinking half the contents.

“Thanks, so what are we doing today?”

“On the coast of the Yellow Sea there's an expanse of mud flats. Every summer, they have the most unusual and memorable festivals in the world, the Boryeong Mud Festival. There's going to be a variety of mud-centric activities including a mud pool, mudslides, mud prison, and mud skiing.”

“So I'm guessing something to do with mud?”

Seul Gi laughs.

It's a two hour trip from Incheon to Boryeong and the car ride is filled with loud music, loud singing and the occasional dry jokes. Seul Gi drives the van once again but this time Johnny is up front and Wendy is in the back with Jackson.

After an hour and a half the four start to wind down, not wanting to use up all their energy before the games even begin. Wendy decides to take a nap and unhooks her seatbelt laying down on the leather seats and using Jackson’s lap as a pillow. The van hits a rough patch, knocking her head around, when she glances up to apologize to him he has a toothy grin on his face.

“All you had to do was ask.”

Wendy frowns, “Is all you ever think about?” she says, spelling out the word instead of saying it.

“Of course, what else is there?” Jackson feigned indignation.

She shakes her head, staring out the window instead.

She can feel a set of eyes on her and knows that if she turns her head and looks in the rearview mirror she will see Johnny looking straight at her. So she doesn't look.

This is hard for her. Looking into her best friends eyes and pretending like she didn't betray her in the worst way. And even sadder was the fact that she wasn't all too regretful of what she had done with Johnny, just that she couldn't do it anymore.

But his lips had felt so right. And his breath on her neck was more than she could handle. And Wendy can't help but notice how their bodies fit together. Why is fate so cruel, she thinks to herself.

“My cousin is going to meet us there,” Wendy tunes in to what Seul Gi is saying just in time, “I was thinking the five of us might enjoy these games together and then the girls could have a girls night out. What do you think Wendy?” Seul Gi asks.

“Sure, sounds okay to me.” Wendy will agree to anything if it meant time away from Johnny.

“Hey I thought this trip was just so that the four of us could hang,” Jackson grumbles.

“Yeah it was Mr. Hypocrite but weren't you the one who ditched us yesterday for a skirt?”

Jackson’s eyes narrow, “Touché.”

Kim Yuna met the group near a small cafe where they stopped for brunch. The two cousins embrace and begin to chat. Their voices drum out Wendy's thoughts and for the first time that week she is able to enjoy a meal without feeling like vomiting. Bad people don't deserve to eat good food.

“Why'd you bring that one again? Shouldn't he be locked up somewhere?” Yuna asks, a sneer on her face. The first time they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter