Chapter 2

Change

 


Sigh.

Sigh.




Sigh.


The sudden slam of a pen onto the table behind you startled you slightly just when the sighing was starting to get on your nerves. 'Can he keep quiet?' A voice muttered in annoyance, and you did not dare to even turn around to see her expression. 'He's been at it for 15 minutes already!'







Sigh.

Seems like he didn't hear her.

Not wanting anyone else to explode in frustation, you slowly turned your head to confront the sighing male, but only came face to face with someone familiar.

Oh. It's triangle gimbab!




Just before another sigh was about to erupt from between his lips, the yellow post-it note on his left arm stopped him.

Is it possible for you to sigh softer? The people behind looks angry :)

And he immediately turned to look at the person to his left who stuck it there.

'I'm sorry.' / 'I'm sorry.' The both of you said at the same time, and that was when Jinyoung took a double take and realised who you were - the eel gimbab from previously.

Hoping to avoid any more awkwardness between the both of you, you quickly returned your attention to the professor at the front of the room, still feeling his gaze on you.

What is she apologizing for?






'Wait.' Right as you stood up from your seat, Jinyoung grabbed onto your wrist lightly, stopping you in your tracks.

No matter how hard he thought, he couldn't figure out what you were apologising for. And he needed to know. Especially when he was at fault regardless of how he viewed the situation.

'Why did you apologise?'

'You probably were sighing because something bad happened. But I asked you to quieten down. That's keeping your feelings constrained and that's unhealthy. But it was indeed getting slightly distracting, and the people behind looks like they were going to kill you.'

You realised that you were babbling too much when you found Jinyoung staring at you silently, trying to comprehend what you just said.

'Sorry, I was rambling. I have a lesson now though, see you tommorow!' Hoping not to further embarrass yourself, you quickly made your exit.

Park Yoonjung. What's wrong with you lately? You're talking too much to people that you don't even know!










Grabbing his cup of coffee, Jaebum turned away from the counter, only to find that his happiness was short-lived. There weren't any empty seats available, and he grumbled as he looked at those who had nothing but a drip of liquid left in their cups yet refusing to leave the place. Do I have to hunt for a new secluded cafe again?

Just when he was about to leave, his eyes landed on this table that a particular someone was at.

He wouldn't have bothered usually. But he didn't know why he did it either. He didn't even notice that he was acting out of sorts.

The sides of his lips tilted upwards when he recognized the sleeping figure atop a stack of papers. The person's face was covered by the hood of her grey jacket, but something just struck him when he spotted the same pair of white sneakers. It’s her, right?

Being as quiet and discreet as possible, Jaebum slowly settled himself in the seat opposite you. A loud screech was made when he moved the chair, and he immediately froze, but you didn't even flinch.

If it's not her, I'll just figure out what to do then.

With his forefinger, Jaebum lifted the hood slightly to indeed reveal the face from the night a week ago. And a grin instantly made its way onto his face. He didn't even notice the slight flutter he felt in his stomach the moment he saw you.

Fancy meeting you here.

Having found somewhere to settle down comfortably, Jaebum sipped on his coffee as he stared at the mess you've made on the table, notes everywhere, a pen having fallen onto the ground. You were the prime example of someone hogging the table shamelessly, but that didn't register into his mind at that point of time.

Giving in to his curiousity, he angled his head slightly to get a clearer view of your name and details. It didn't take much effort actually. 

Park Yoonjung. Cute name for a cute girl.

She goes to the same university as Jinyoung?

And she's majoring in Math? MATH? She's weird alright.

He looked at your cup of melting melted frappuccino and shook his head in displeasure, grabbing a post-it note and a pen in the meantime. I'll forgive you since you're cute.

See you soon, Park Yoonjung.





 






Oh. It's triangle gimbab again. Now that's two modules with him. 'Why are you sitting so far into the corner?'

It's her. Jinyoung couldn't explain the wave of relief when he saw a familiar face - your face in particular, and quickly shrugged it off. 'Just in case someone gets annoyed at my sighing.'

But you sat down next to him nonetheless, and got a look of confusion from the male. 'I think I'll be sighing today too.'

He was about to ask you what happened, but he quickly snapped his mouth shut. He barely knew you. What if it was something sensitive? He'll end up putting you in an uncomfortable spot just because of that one question.

'Park Jinyoung.'

'Hmm?' You looked up from your notes when you realised that the sound came from the person next to you.  

'My name's Park Jinyoung.'

'I'm Yoonjung. Park Yoonjung.' You returned his smile with another one, taking his hand in yours as you shook it lightly. 

'The tuna one is nicer by the way.'

And a frown immediately replaced the smile on your face as you retracted your hand instantly, snapping your head back to the front. 'Fine.'




 







Somehow, it seemed to be an unspoken agreement that the both of you would sit together during your two common modules. However, chatting was kept to a minimum. That is, only until the second Architecture lesson.

Right before lesson commenced, an eel flavoured triangle gimbab was stealthily pushed towards you from the male seated next to you. 'It's a bribery. I might need your help to survive this module.'

And during the following Literature lesson on the very same day, Jinyoung received a tuna flavoured one in return. 'Same here. The bribery.'





 


'Do you still have any lessons?' Wanting to put a stop to this ambiguous relationship between the both of you that seemed to have started and developed thanks to two small triangle gimbabs - three, if you were to consider the very first one, Jinyoung asked right when you started packing up.

Shaking your head slightly after glancing at your notebook, you turned to him, 'I'm done for the day.' 

'Want to grab some food?'

And, unsurprisingly, the both of you ended up at a nearby convenience shop with you eating what you got for each other earlier that day.

'You don't like literature?' Jinyoung asked, noticing that you meant it when you mentioned that you would be sighing during your literature lessons. 

'I messed up the balloting, managed to get my preferences except for this.' You frowned once he reminded you of your stupidity, must have been karma for questioning the balloting system. You could still vaguely remember being extremely confident that nothing could go wrong. But of course, it did. 

'Same goes to me for architecture.' The last thing that you were expecting was probably that answer, and there was a silent pause, before the both of you chuckled slightly. 

'It'll be fine. Since we already bribed each other.'

'Misery loves company.' Jinyoung added, already glad that his architecture lessons took a turn for the better. Anyone could see that the both of you were in the same boat.

You nodded, before asking him, realising that you probably knew close to nothing about each other, except for your names. 'What do you major in?'

'Performance.' Jinyoung had to try so hard to keep his laughter in when he saw your look of shock surprise. People who heard that from him never showed such a huge response, though he knew that they were probably trying hard to keep themselves in control. 'How am I suppose to react to your reaction?'

You quickly snapped your hanging jaw shut, composing yourself. 'Sorry, it's just that. I'll probably get kicked out on the very first day if I took that. I can't do music and all that.'

'Okay then. What about you?'

'Math.'

And Jinyoung gave the exact same response that you gave him just seconds ago, and it wasn't on purpose. 'Math?'

You nodded again. So this is how he felt when I looked at him like that.

'Mathematical Studies?'

You furrowed your eyebrows at him. 'Yes. Mathematical studies.'

'You're amazing.'

'Same goes to you.'

And just like that, the both of you burst into laughter again.







'Yes?' You took a quick glance at your phone as Jinyoung answered his phone.

'Hyung, you're outside my school?'

'Okay okay.' He quickly hung up, turning to you. 'I'll have to go first. See you tomorrow?'

'See you!'





'What are you doing here?' Jinyoung asked as he skidded to a halt next to the elder male, at the same time looking at Jaebum who was indiscreetly eyeing the school compounds.

'Just wanted to see if you're coping well...'

'How did you even know when I end-' But nothing went into his ears. Especially once he caught sight of a girl walking towards a lamppost as she had her eyes stuck onto the phone in her hands.

Hah. Found her.

'Hey Jinyoung-ah, something just cropped up. Call you later!'

'Okay-?' Jinyoung answered to thin air as he watched Jaebum disappearing without even glancing at him. That's when he realised that Jaebum did not even look at him for a mere second before taking off. 




 


 

[A/N] HELLO!! Thank you so much for all the subscribers so far~ 

Hint hint: Is it just me or do I sense more Jaebum for the next chapter? 

Comments and subscribes will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you~

<3