Chapter 3

Change



'You should really watch where you're going.'

'Oh- I'm really sorry.' You were startled when your path got blocked, quickly bowing your head lower as you apologised before turning away.

That's it? Jaebum thought as he watched the person before him walking further away, without even giving him a glance. How?





'Park Yoonjung!'

You snapped your head around swiftly, giving a quick glance around your surroundings but did not recognise anyone. Moreover, it was a male voice which didn't sound like Jinyoung's.

Maybe it's some other Park Yoonjung.

With that, you shrugged slightly before popping your earpiece back into your ears.





Did she really just-? Did she not see me at all?

'Park Yoonjung.' Only when your path was blocked once again, with the boulder refusing to move away, did you stop in your tracks. 

'Yes?'

'Do you not remember me?'

You frowned slightly at this eccentric person before you, I'm pretty sure I'll remember if I've ever seen such a good looki-

.

A smirk immediately made its way onto Jaebum's face when he saw your eyes widening, but what he did not expect was for you to turn on your heels that very second. And to add, it's the second time within minutes.

'Hey! Park Yoonjung!'

How did he know my name even? ... . He knows my name.

You quickened your steps as you focused on not walking into anything else that could result in you being caught by the male behind.

Why is he following me? Do I owe him something? I said thank you the other day, didn't I?

And right when you were about to break into a run, you felt your bag being held back by a sudden unknown force. And soon, Eunjin's voice started replaying the same line over and over again in your mind.

Just what have I gotten myself into?

'Did I offend you in any way?' Jaebum asked, purely out of curiosity, as you slowly turned back to face him, but still avoiding eye contact. Never had he seen someone so bent on avoiding him before. He knew he was good looking, but never did he think that he perhaps might appear to resemble a serial killer of some sorts - why else would you be so determined to escape from him?

'No you didn't.' Okay, let's just see what he wants. If it's reasonable, comply, otherwise, run.

'Then do I look like someone who's on the wanted list?'

'Not that I know of.' But you're on Eunjin's blacklist.

'Then did I do anything to harm you?'

'No.'

'There.' He said firmly, as though he has just proven a point. But little did he know that you weren't going to give into him anytime soon. 'So why are you avoiding me?'

'Just because.'

'I saved you from that drunkard the other day and this treatment is all I get?' A little whine escaped from him and your eyes immediately darted to his face unconsciously. Hah- Let's see how long she'll be able to keep this up. 

'I- Thank you for helping me.'

'If you really want to thank me, let's talk over coffee.' And in the very next moment, you found your hand in his as he dragged you further away from the school compounds.

He doesn't look like he'll do anything funny right? Moreover there'll be people at the cafe. I can just scream for help if anything happens.

With him being in front of you as he pulled you along, you could not help but to stare at the countless piercings he had on his ears. And I don't even wear ear studs. 

You vaguely remembered there was once, back in high school, when your homeroom tutor was re-emphasising the criteria for the attire spot check the next day.

And out of nowhere, your tablemate exclaimed really loudly: 'Oh, Yoonjung you don't have anything at all!'

It was true, you always had a smooth pass during spot checks. No outlandish hairstyles, no make-up, no long fingernails, no altered skirts, no earstuds beyond the stated measurements, no neon laces. To put it simply, you were a model-student back in school. 

You always thought that it was a good thing, until you caught onto what your teacher commented in return to your tablemate's exclamation. 'It's not necessarily a good thing to have absolutely nothing.' Though you never knew what she meant. 







The second you sat down with your cup of coffee, you were determined to finish it within record time and escape right after. Without sparing a look at the person seated directly opposite you.

And Jaebum could see through your plans immediately, when he saw the amount of liquid in your cup diminishing at a fast rate. Not even sparing time for the ice to even melt. 'They say third time's a charm.'

Not getting the underlying message, you unconsciously answered him. 'Didn't we only meet once?'

'I saw you the other day. I picked up your pen.'

And that effectively put a hold to your speed-drinking of the freezing ice-blended drink. 'Huh?'

This girl is too naive. 'At the Starbucks near my place.'

'How would I know where your place is?' You answered, seemingly unaffected by his prying, when you were already mentally having a breakdown. There was only one Starbucks outlet that you frequent. And if its near his place? Oh no...

'You were wearing your sneakers.'

A sense of relief engulfed you when you thought that it was his only evidence that lead him to his conclusion. Everyone wears sneakers. 'I wear that everywhere I go.'

'And a white shirt with jeans.'

'People wear that every-' This guy is just throwing random things-

'And a grey DKNY hoodie.'

. Jaebum was starting to lose count of the number of times he tried to suppress the smirk that was making its way onto his face as he watched how your expressions kept changing as your hand fiddled with the straw of your drink. 

'So you left the post it?'

'It'll be more comfortable to sleep at home, don't you think?'

You could not stop the look of horror that appeared on your face when he recited exactly what was written on the post-it that you received, that is supposedly by him.

And to think that your heart fluttered when you found it the other day, wondering if it was someone you knew, if it was perhaps a good-looking guy that hopefully wanted to ask you out.

Then again, Jaebum fulfilled all three points.

You quickly shook your head at the thought of it. You don't know him! And he's not going to ask you out! He's just a good-looking guy. And that's that!

AND Eunjin said no Im Jaebum. She wouldn’t have said that for no reason. She knows best.

Jaebum watched your internal battle silently as he bit back a smile. See, she's already falling for it. They just can't resist me, can they?

'I refilled your drink, picked up your pen, stop your papers from flying around, and this is all I get?' He added, as a slight push, seeing that you still refused to acknowledge him.

I knew it! I knew the drink wasn't mine! 'How do I know if it's really you!'

'You still have the post-it don't you? My number is on it.'

Your mind immediately envisioned the piece of post-it that was still lying in your pencil case. 'I d-don't have it anymore!'

'You're lying.' He chuckled seeing how your speech increased by one tone, and your eyes were darting around at an even faster pace. 'It's so obvious.'

'No it's not?'

'Park Yoonjung, go out with me.'

And the hand that was fiddling with your straw immediately stilled. 'I t-thought we're settling it through coffee?'

'I said that we'll discuss it over coffee. I didn't say that it will be settled through coffee.'

Okay. Now's probably the time to run. You anxiously looked around for a source of escape, and right then, your phone lit up on the table.

And Jaebum saw how your face brightened instantly, even more so than your phone.

'Hello? Oppa?' Your hand was already reaching for your bag as you did a last check that you weren't going to leave anything behind accidentally. 'Oh no! Sure! I'll be there asap!'

Her 'Oh no' and 'Sure' sure sounds pitches apart.

'I'm really sorry, I'll have to go now. Bye!'

And with that, Jaebum was left alone with his barely touched coffee.

This was the very first time a girl was so bent on shaking him off, and he couldn't be anymore amazed.



 


'What was that?' Jinyoung asked, confused with the situation when he was certain that he got the correct number. 

'Sorry, I was trying to escape from someone.'

'Are you okay?' He asked again, worriedly this time. But then again, you sounded too cheerful to him to be threatened. 

'Yeap, thanks to you. So what did you want to talk about?'

But there was silence on the other end.

'Jinyoung?'

He contemplated for a moment whether or not to ask. 'What was the 'oppa' just now?'

'OH, I'm really sorry- It just came out- I wasn't really thinking much I just wanted to-'

'It's okay. It's fine. Just call me that, it's alright.'

'But-'

'Anyway, I just wanted to check what unrestricted modules did you get?'

'I'll check and text you later?'

'Sure.'

 


 

[A/N] Update! Hope that this chapter is fine!!

And do comment and subscribe!!

Thank you <3