Chapter 1

Change

 

You could feel the floor vibrating underneath your feet as you entered the night club, your eyes adapting to the darkness that enveloped you. It didn't even take a second for you to realise that you are not going to like the upcoming experience even the slightest.

And your suspicions were confirmed when the blaring music started to make you feel slightly unwell, along with the bright neon laser beams you spot shining on the dance floor. You’ve never been in here for the past three years since you’ve turned legal, so why now?

You only had yourself to blame, for not being able to leave your heartbroken best friend alone, especially when she was wrecking things in her home and threatening to set her ex’s house on fire. It was too costly, for her to change every single furniture or to even be a criminal. 

Only wanting her to feel better, and having tried enticing her with her favourite snacks and tickets to the latest box office hit but to no avail, you went for the last resort - suggesting to spend the night at her favourite club. The way she immediately sprang up from her tissue-covered sheets with a bright smile on her face told you that it was a good suggestion, especially when Eunjin has been trying to drag you to the club for years without success. Little did you know, this one visit to the club that you've been postponing for ages was going to disrupt the quiet life you've been living.

 

 

 


‘I can’t find a guy if you’re here leeching on me. Come on, breathe, relax, and find a cute guy to hang out with.’ Eunjin chirped, her mood starkly different from that of hours ago - when her face was drowned in soiled make-up and tears, her hair comparable with a bird’s nest, and still in her pajamas from days ago.

‘Me? In here?’ You asked, not willing to loosen your grip on her arm. Your facial expression probably seem as though you just entered a haunted house. But it was true, this was definitely far out of your comfort zone, seeing how you were more towards the conservative side, and not to forget, you scored full marks on the introversy scale during the MBTI test. Meanwhile, your dearest friend, Eunjin, was an exact opposite.

'Where else? There's plenty of guys here.'

This is why you always end up bawling away after a few months. But you kept that to yourself. ‘You want my boyfriend to be someone from here? No way.'

'You and your boyfriend fantasies. Oh gosh.'

'It's not fantasies. It's just being alert.' You whispered as you could already feel eyes on you, more like eyes on Eunjin, seeing what she was wearing. A blue satin dress that stopped mid-thigh, her long brown hair curled in slight waves, accentuating her facial features, her matching wedges that placed emphasis on her long legs. Many times you found yourself admiring her looks, and of course it would be the same for the opposite gender. Or even more.

'You might as well be single for your entire life.'

'I don't see what's wrong with that either.’

'I really can't stand you. Anyways. Get yourself a guy. Anyone will do.’ She paused, all ready to jump onto the dance floor, before she turned back to you. ‘Just not Im Jaebum and friends.'

'You've gotten a target already?'

'No.' The look of disgust on her face could not be missed as she frowned at you slightly at your ignorance. 'No matter how many I get. Not them. They are total jerks.'

‘What do you-‘

'Trust me. A girl like you. You wouldn't want your life ruined by them.'

I didn’t know there were ‘classes’ in this place. Scratch that. I don’t know a single thing about this place.

'They'll be the last one to ever look for. Especially Im Jaebum.' Eunjin emphasised again as she looked closely at you, making sure that she got her point across loud and clear. 

'Okay I'll keep your wise words in mind. No Im Jaebum.'

'And friends.'

'And friends.' You repeated, like a kindergartener. And then, you were left alone to fend yourself in this unknown world of loud music and sharp lights.



 

 


 

Jaebum groaned as he finally managed to shake off yet another one of the girls who threw themselves at him. The boys have agreed to stay out of trouble tonight, dedicating the night to help their heartbroken member forget about his sorrows. But he has barely reached the washroom before the third female wearing slightly too revealing clothes clung onto him. 

'Do you perhaps have coke here?' He heard a voice not too far down the bar counter, and caught the slight look of curiosity on the bartender's face.

'Yes.'

'Can I have a cup of coke then?' Jaebum did not know why but a smile was making its way onto his face as he watched the girl in petite stature in a plain shirt, jeans, and white sneakers. 

I don't think I've seen her around before...  



 

 



What's with getting just coke here? He looked at me as if I was an alien.

But then of course. I shouldn't even be here. Eunjin already got herself a guy. And she's not wailing or destructing anything anymore.

Just this cup and I'll head back. Who says someone can't just come here to have a cup of coke?

 

'Whatever you do, just stay away from Im Jaebum and friends!' Eunjin's voice echoed in your head.

At the very least, don't I have to know how they look like to avoid them? It's not as if people wear nametags when they go clubbing. Or if there's a floating bubble above their head saying that they're Im Jaebum and friends. Heck, Eunjin didn't even say how many there was. The entire club could be filled with his friends for all I know. 

 



You could not describe the relief you felt when you saw the exit in your line of sight, before someone towered over you, blocking out that very door from your vision.

'Hey!'

From his cheerful tone, you were certain it was someone you knew, and lifted your head. But no matter how hard you scrummaged through your mind, nothing came to you.

'Do I know you?'

'No you don't, but I'm pretty sure it's not too late to get to know each other right?' And only when he gestured his cup of wine towards you, did you realize where this was going.

'I'm sorry, I have to leave-' You immediately uttered, your hands instinctively tightening around the strap of your sling bag for any sense of security it could provide you with. 

'But you just came not too long ago. Why leave so soon without having any fun?' Not realizing it, you were slowly backed into the wall as he leaned into you, and the strong scent of alcohol from him could not be missed. 

'G-Go away. I'm not here to-' You stammered, eyes darting to the ground as you turned away from him. I knew I shouldn't have gave in to that stupid Eunjin.

'Why? You don't look like you have someone with you. Why don't we-' 

'So you're here? I've been looking all over the place for you.' Seconds ago, you were scared for your life when the gap between you and the stranger closed at an alarming rate, but you were instantly pulled away by the waist and soon found yourself stuck to someone's chest, and looked up at the new stranger who was glaring straight at stranger No.1.

'Im Jaebum?' Stranger No.1 addressed stranger No.2-

Im Jaebum? Your eyes widened even more when you looked at the new stranger. Im. Jae. Bum?

'Were you harassing my girl?'

For a moment, you could tell that No.1 wasn't falling for it. Until you felt a light peck on your cheek, and the grip around your waist tightening. 'I'm sorry for just now hmm? I told you that there wasn't anything between me and that girl.' And his face remained lingering next to yours.

And without another second of delay, No.1 immediately retreated with a mumble of 'sorry.'

But you had no time to be relieved, seeing the close proximity with someone on Eunjin's wanted list. And if Eunjin said that he is a no go. He is a no go. No matter how swooning he looks. 

Seeing that No.1 was no longer in sight, you quickly shimmied out of his hold and bowed slightly to the Im Jaebum, quickly making your escape after saying a soft 'thank you'.

'Wait-' You heard him calling, but no, you were not staying a second longer in that place, and you definitely did not want to risk getting your life ruined by Im Jaebum and did not want to find out who his friends were or how they looked like.

 

 

 

 

 

'The eel one is nice.' What are you doing today Park Yoonjung? Going to a nightclub for the very first time in your life and now talking to yet another random stranger? Well done, well done. 

The tall male next to you has been sighing for the third time within the first minute since you've reached. And you were pretty sure he was already sighing before that. Noticing that he's staring at the triangle gimbab section, you assumed that he has trouble deciding on which flavour to get. Maybe it was too late into the night for too much carbs, either that or he was tight on budget. But both ways, you felt that it was a reasonable dilemma so you decided to offer your opinion. 

Jinyoung snapped his head to his right, only then realizing her presence. 

'You can get the other flavours another day if you can't decide on any.' And this strange girl smiled at him before grabbing an eel flavoured triangle gimbab for herself. 


 


 


'We dragged you here to chill but how long have you been out here for?' Jinyoung stopped chomping on his triangle gimbab for a brief second to look at Jaebum who joined him at the convenience store. 

'I got hungry.'

Jaebum sighed slightly at the younger one as he shook his head. 'Are you still thinking about her? That's why you should drink a bit, have fun, and forget about it at least for tonight.' 

'Hyung, I saw her inside just now.' 

And all that filled the silence was more of Jinyoung's chewing as Jaebum tried looking for the correct words. 'I- I'm sorry- I didn't know-'

'It's okay, what about you? You looked happy when you came in just now.' 

'It's nothing much, just found something interesting.' 

 


 

[A/N] First chapter is up! This is just a short and brief chapter but hope that it was okay so far~

Do comment and subscribe! 

Thank you <3