006 - Look Here

The Awakening of the Sacred Coven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook had a clear view of how Jin released Suzy's wrist while the Black Swan was in a state of shock. 

Was she really surprised?

Or Jin was working his black magic on her?

Jungkook knew that one of Jin's abilities was hypnosis and if he finds out that he used it on her, he will never forgive him.

Jin, on the other hand, knew that Jungkook has a bad temper especially now that he was glaring at him so he raised both of his hands in the air and explained himself.

”I didn’t want her to get in the way so I kind of pulled her away from the door.”

Jungkook then grabbed Suzy’s arm and pulled her to his side, “Don’t ever touch her again. She’s my Black Swan.”

"Oh," Jin was surprised at Jungkook’s threatening response. He already knew he was level-headed but he finds it amusing that the vampire was being overprotective of his Black Swan. More like he threatened him because of a mortal, which Jin thinks would rarely happen in the Sacred Coven.

Meanwhile, Suzy's flustered cheeks keep heating up not because of what Jungkook said but because the face of the man she had a close encounter with was already revealed and it was someone she did not expect. Now she couldn't keep the fact that among the vampires in the Sacred Coven, she finds the man standing before her the most attractive. It was as if she felt a sudden pull when he closed the gap between them.

Contrary to other’s opinion of her being a passionate Black Swan to Jungkook, she had once wished to become Jin’s guardian. It wasn't betrayal. It was maybe a secret crush. She didn't even know she was capable of crushing on a vampire after living with some of them and getting immune with their dirty little secrets.

But, Jin was different. He is charismatic and beautiful and kind and--

"Stop!" Jungkook yelled, annoyed and convinced that she was under his spell, while Jin was trying hard not to laugh.

"I-I better go and see the council," Jin quickly excused himself from the scene and disappeared through the double doors.

Truth is, they both have heard Suzy's thoughts but it seems like the Black Swan was still oblivious to it. Her secret crush may not be a secret anymore. What would she do if she knew about it?

Confused, she tailed Jungkook who was already leaving so fast, asking the question that was never answered from earlier, "what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing," Jungkook decided to slow down and talk instead.

"Then why are you leaving so fast?" Suzy has now kept up with his pace.

"I told you, I will talk to the council." He stopped to turn to Suzy who looked like she suddenly hit her brakes, "You don't have to show up like that. You already know this place is filled with vampires at this hour."

She sighed, already frustrated at him being insistent, "It's my job to face the council whenever you did something wrong."

"But last night wasn't your fault," Jungkook was calm and he seemed concerned which made Suzy's heart melt a little bit.

She needed to find a way to lighten the mood and thought the only way to do this was maybe to start with another banter, "Well, if you don't hit someone's head impulsively and act on your own without your guardian then maybe I wouldn't have to face the council. Right? Right. Now if you will excuse me, I want to take some rest tonight. I've already wasted too much time here for nothing."

She started walking past him when he thought of something. He felt obligated to make up to her. 

"Okay. I'm sorry," Jungkook swallowed his pride just to say that. But, there's more, "I'll treat you to your favorite street food place, or maybe Samgyeopsal and drinks."

It may be the hardest decision he has ever made but he wanted to earn the trust of his Black Swan again so he has no other choice. He knew that when Suzy was out at night sometimes, she's hanging with her best friend IU at a Samgyeopsal place, drinking and pigging out on grilled pork. He tried to go there once due to curiosity but he ended up vowing not to come back again. Why? Because the mere sight of raw meat makes him crave for "food" which he knew he couldn't get instantly without his Black Swan's help.

"Really?!" Suzy turned around to see him at the sound of delicious grilled pork and drinks. Cheap thrills she enjoys that much.

Nonetheless, he felt satisfied when she saw her beaming. It was even contagious that it made him grin.

"Meet me at the restaurant. I'll be there after my class."

Suzy nods with excitement, "Sure. I'll just go home and get changed."

Home.

Her home was also his, although she wasn't technically part of the family. Jungkook just couldn't understand why he felt tingles whenever she mentions his home as hers as well. It was this kind of affinity that brings him closer to her. Knowing that they live in the same household since they were kids gives Jungkook a special kind of attachment to the Black Swan.

"Alright. I gotta go," He needed to bid goodbye in order to stop the silly thoughts from tugging at his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter