010 - Hold Me Tight

The Awakening of the Sacred Coven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
After the training, Suzy went home really upset that she didn't even notice Jungkook waiting for her while reading a book in the family room where she just passed by.

Jungkook stood from his seat and quickly drop the book to follow where Suzy was going. But when he noticed that she was stomping away like a mad woman, he retreats back and hides behind the opened door of the family to watch her back as she walks to her room.

"What's wrong with her?" He muttered to himself as he tried to read her mind.

Strangely, nothing comes up.

His timing was always bad. Now that he has fully recovered and found a remedy to his cravings, it was her who's going through something.

As soon as Suzy entered her room, she tossed her bag on the couch nearby the door and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Aaarrgggghhh," She stomped her feet and ruffled her hair, annoyed.

Suzy still couldn't believe that Krystal had almost shamed her in the lecture earlier. The girl was an angel around Seokjin but when the vampires left, she was shading her nonstop.  

Was she doing that on purpose or was it all just in her mind?

If she's done that on purpose, she must know something else.

But how would she know about it? The thing that happened that night was only between Jungkook and her. 

It didn't even happen! It just almost happened. She fought her conscience as she was starting to feel guilty.

Maybe she was being paranoid because deep inside her, she wanted Jungkook to her blood.

Yes. That was the truth. 

So when Krystal discussed infidelity against the house of Black Swans by offering oneself to a vampire as his familiar, Suzy's heart race. It did not help that Krystal was glancing at her with a knowing look a couple of times while lecturing the newbies about the mortal sin.

She had provoked her, "Whether or not you are attracted to the vampire you are serving, you must reject any advances they will show to you."

"Has this happened before?" Tzuyu had asked.

"Hmm, not in my experience," Krystal had replied and she turned to Suzy, "What about you, Black Swan Bae? Are you falling for Jungkook?"

The question surprised everyone in the room, in which Krystal immediately clarified.

"Oops," She let out a small chuckle as she flipped her hair and faced her again, " What I meant to say is, has Jungkook ever made advances to you?"

"Nope," Suzy quickly answered with confidence to prove her wrong, "I've been with the Jeon family since I was six. No one ever desired my blood in the household," in which the room fell silent.

Even if she knew that the members must have been convinced, it doesn't take away the fact that she was humiliated. And that the incident brought about so many memories of the past.

Because of that, there she goes again questioning what happened to her before she turned six. Her memory started from that moment. Everything before that was non-existent. Perhaps that's what happens when you grow old, you never really get to store that much information and experience in your head when you were younger. 

Since these things just make her more confused, she decided to take a shower.

Meanwhile, as Suzy battles with her inner thoughts about the confusions she had, she didn't know that Jungkook was outside her door eavesdropping her thoughts. The moment she entered the room and find a sense of calm as she seated on the bed, Jungkook started to read her mind. Luckily to his satisfaction, but much to his dismay, he was able to find out the cause of Suzy's annoyance. And it was none other than Krystal.

His ill temper for the woman grew worse as he found out everything that went through the lecture that afternoon when they left. Krystal had already made him suffer by unconsciously being triggered by her musings the other week in the library and there she goes again making someone he cares about to suffer, too. 

Was she some kind of a witch? Jungkook thought to himself as he groaned and rushed to his room to get something he kept for a while.

He's not going to let it slide this time. He had resorted to drinking filthy animal blood because of that but it hasn't stopped her from bothering him. She was even causing troubles for his Black Swan. He couldn't understand anymore why she was doing this. So without second thoughts, he decided to bring a package to the Kims' mansion.

 

The drive to the Kims' mansion didn't take long with Jungkook alone and behind the steering wheel. He was one of the fastest vampire in their generation anyway. Everything he does is done with urgency. He doesn't know how to be patient, nor does he put up with beating around the bush so he was planning to spit it all out in one go.

Jungkook was greeted by the mansion's conduit, Cha Seung-Won, who is famous for being one of the most skilled and loyal human servants of the Sacred Coven, "Good Evening, Young Master Jeon."

"Hi," Jungkook replied casually, gesturing for him to look up from the bow. "I need to talk to Seokjin."

"Wait a moment in the--

But before Conduit Seung-Won finished his sentence, Jungkook had already run off to Seokjin's study where he always stays.

"Have you run out of supplies? I just lent you a gallon of animal blood." Seokjin immediately sensed Jungkook's presence when he came in his study uninvited, so he turned to face him as he remained in his swivel chair behind the mahogany desk.

"Oh shut up," Jungkook rolled his eyes. "It's not like I'm dying of starvation. I can still hold back." 

"Then what brings you here?" Seokjin settled his elbows on the desk, bringing his hands together to rest his chin on his forehand.

Jungkook responds by tossing the package in front of Seokjin on his desk, "Open it. I personally deliver it to you."

Seokjin did a doubletake before grabbing the package that was sealed in a scented stationery, catalog envelope. It was as if the package came from a girl and not from Jungkook that's why Seokjin was incredulous. For a moment, he thought it was from Suzy since she was the only girl related to Jungkook right now, and someone who will, maybe, give Seokjin a present. If it was a present after all. Not that he wasn't aware of Suzy's itsy-bitsy crush on him.

Suddenly, Jungkook slammed a fist on Seokjin's desk.

"Woah!" Seokjin was taken aback.

"Stop your thoughts or I'll kill you!" Jungkook shot him a glare, which only made him laugh.

"I never allowed you to read my thoughts," Seokjin fired back.

"Well, I just did," Jungkook replied, snatching the package from Seokjin and ripping the envelope at once. "It's just a goddamn book! It's not a ing present from my Black Swan." He waved the book in the air to show how Seokjin was at fault.

"Okay, Okay. My bad," Seokjin said in a singsong voice as he surrendered.

"Get over yourself!" Jungkook then handed him the book roughly because he couldn't stand Seokjin's narcissism.

Seokjin chuckled, "Don't be too possessive. She likes me, you know."

"Let cut to the chase," Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest as Seokjin's facial expression changed upon recognizing the book. "I suppose you recognize that book from the repository."

"It's our family profile..." Seokjin's tone was serious as he browsed the contents of the book.

"I found your Black Swan sneaking that out of the repository," Jungkook's reply made Seokjin freeze in disbelief. "You know what's the best part? She even asked me about Kim Jongin."

And with that, Seokjin lost his inner sense of calm and slammed the book closed, but he decided to appear relaxed on the outside, even if Jungkook already knew what was running through his mind, "Why would she ask you about him?"

Once Seokjin looked puzzled and worried about his Black Swan, Jungkook knew he succeeded in his plan. His lips slowly curl up into a devilish grin, "That's for you to find out. As for me, I have another concern about Krystal."

Seokjin leans back in his swivel chair and looks up at Jungkook, "What is it?"

"Her behavior is really off these days. When I saw her at the library, she began provoking me about someone else's blood and that had an effect on me. You know all too well the bond we share with our familiars, right?" Jungkook waited for Seokjin to nod before he continues, "Every word she uttered to me in an attempt to links me to that person made me feel sick. It made feel like there was a pull between us."

Seokjin was yet again taken aback by what Jungkook has revealed. The guy was too straightforward Seokjin couldn't help but force himself to digest everything in one go. It's not like he doesn't already know how his Black Swan is sassy at times but he was completely surprised that all these were kept secret by Krystal in the past week. The worse thing was that she even knew about Kim Jongin.

"What are you trying to say?" Seokjin finally spoke about his confusion.

"I despise Krystal's behavior."

"I've known her for years. She has a good side, too. Maybe she's just going through something." Seokjin was quick to defend his Black Swan but to no avail.

"Then talk about it with her. Because if she doesn't stop bothering even my Black Swan..." Jungkook trailed off, thinking about the implications of his actions now. Seokjin might misinterpret so he decided to change the course of his argument. "Well, it just concerns me that she was acting strangely."

Seokjin studied Jungkook's face only to see a hint of sweat on his forehead. His friend was clearly diverting his attention from something. But the only thing he's worried about for now was the answer Jungkook gave Krystal when she asked him about that person who shall not be named. 

"Alright," Seokjin sighed. "I'd rather not know how she bothered Suzy, but I want to know what you told Krystal when she asked you about...Kim Jongin." Even the name of that person stung Seokjin's lips as he mentioned it.

Jungkook shrugged and buried his hands in the pockets of his jacket, "I lied. I told her he was your ancestor."

And with that, Seokjin flashed him a triumphant smile.

 

Now that Jungkook was done with his tasks for the night, especially that their night classes have been canceled until after next week's event, he decided to drop by one of Suzy's favorite cheap restaurants to grab chicken and beer on his way home. 

This was the plan two weeks ago—to treat his Black Swan to this place in order to make up for his mistakes. If he couldn't bring her in the place then he'd just bring something for her. He has heard and seen Suzy hangout in the place with Jieun a couple of times already. Suzy is not the type who glamorizes the way the Jeons live so she'd rather dine in a warm place that is full of ordinary people with her friends. After all the years she has spent with the wealthiest family in the coven, she still couldn't adapt to their lifestyle. If it was Jungkook he would have brought her to a fine dining place where steak is a thing and not some poorly grilled chicken and cheap drinks.

Jungkook has known Suzy for years. They were even close when they were young, but everything has chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter