009 - 21st Century Girls

The Awakening of the Sacred Coven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Okay. Are we all set?"

The voice of the mother butler, Ms. Choi, echoed through the spacious lecture room where the three newly-appointed Black Swans sat on the second row, while the two pioneers of the Sacred Coven Black Swans were on the first row. She eyed each of them over her spectacles that seem like sliding off her nose bridge.

"Yes," Everyone answered in unison, prompting her to begin her speech.

"Let's have the roll call..." Ms. Choi began flipping through the pages of her notebook where the new Black Swans profile are registered. 

She called each of their names from Kim Seol-hyun, to Lee Ji-eun, and Zhou Tzu-yu, as the girls responded to make their presence known.

"As what was written in the manual which was handed to you by these two," She turned to Krystal and Suzy who were seated at both ends of a single row. For a moment she wondered what's up with the two, but she continued nonetheless, "I am Choi Ji-woo, the mother butler of this house. The House of Black Swans. If the vampire council has the Elder, you have me. I am your superior. But you shall not fear as we are a family here. Once you pledge loyalty to become one of us, you will let go of your own family and join your respective sanguinarian's household. Is that clear?"

There was silence after the question. Some girls were shifting from their seats as discreetly as possible, while there are some who seemed enthusiastic about her new job. The mother butler already new which newcomers are confident about being a Black Swan and who is not. It's as if she can read their minds.

Out of respect for the mother butler, Suzy turned to her best friend, Ji-eun, and nodded at her with a knowing look on her face.

Realizing what Suzy had tried to tell her, Ji-eun answered suddenly, "Yes, Ma'am."

"Very well," She sighed in relief. "Now I am only here to give you a little introduction to your five-day training. So let's begin."

Ms. Choi pointed out the lecture pointer to the screen where she flashes the contents of the agenda for the training.

History of the Sacred Coven Rules of the Sacred Coven Black Swan Skills Training Household Tour & Moving-in

"First of all, your training is divided into three parts. The first two days are dedicated to the history and rules of the coven," Ms. Choi started, looking towards Krystal's direction in which she simply smiled to acknowledge her. "Black Swan Jung was assigned to discuss this with you. This is the crucial part because as loyal servants of the pure-blooded vampires, you should know everyone in the Golden Circle, especially the history of the families where you are assigned."

Somebody cleared , which caught the attention of everyone in the room. 

"Do we have a problem with that, Ms. Zhou?" Mother Butler asked.

"Nothing," Tzuyu smiled, "I'm just amazed that two days are actually enough to discuss the history of creatures who have been here since time immemorial." She added sarcastically.

As she ended her statement which gained quite an impression from the mother butler, a cracking laugh echoed through the lecture hall. It was of a male who has a deep voice, which sounded familiar to the mother butler, Suzy, and Krystal. The laugh was abruptly cut short and suppressed after a few seconds. This made all the girls in the room shift from their seats and look behind from where the laugh came.

"Ms. Zhou," The Mother Butler spoke, "It seems like you have an audience here."

 

Tzuyu's face suddenly turned red at the thought of the expectant guest.

"Mr. Kim, please show yourself."

Whoever was the mother butler referring to, Krystal was sure that it wasn't Seokjin. It must be Taehyung. Both of them have distinct laughs and she knows for sure it was her master's laugh.

But when two guests showed up from the unoccupied rows at the back, standing from where they were hiding, Krystal gasped in surprise. Suzy, on the other hand, blushed as Seokjin made eye contact with her for a brief moment.

"Um, hi," Seokjin said and smiled apologetically, his hands clasp hidden in his back, hoping he could work his charms out to the mother butler, "We don't know which Kim you summoned so..." he threw an arm around Taehyung's shoulders and they both chuckled.

"Hello!" Taehyung animatedly greeted, making Tzuyu roll her eyes. "We don't mean to interrupt, but my Black Swan was funny."

Looks like he still couldn't stop laughing. Seokjin lightly slapped Taehyung's back when he noticed the Mother Butler was giving them a dirty look.

"Nobody invited you, I presume?" Ms. Choi also looks at Krystal and Suzy who were both shaking their heads.

"Oh," Seokjin was worried that his Black Swan might be crossed because of his and Taehyung's mischievous behavior, "No. They didn't invite us. We just wanted to make sure that our history will be accurately discussed."

"Or," Taehyung second, "We can help you with the training." He nodded with a smile as if it was a brilliant idea.

"A brilliant idea, indeed." Ms. Choi responds.

Seokjin and Taehyung then gave each other a high five. As the two did their celebratory dance, Krystal smiled to herself and turned to face front, while Suzy and Ji-eun gushed silently at the adorable vampires. Seolhyun watched them, amused, as Tzuyu crossed her arms on her chest and sighed.

After the brief introduction by Ms. Choi, they were given a set of uniform each. The uniform is the official dress code for Black Swans in the campus. This makes them easily recognizable by their masters or by the staff of the school. Once they were dressed during the 10-minute break, she left the newbies in the hands of Krystal and Suzy, together with the two vampires who decided to meddle with their business.

BLACK SWAN'S UNIFORM

COAT: White with black lining and coat-of-arms badge

SWEATER: Crimson red

DRESS SHIRT: White

NECKTIE: Red, white, and black plaid patterns

SKIRT: Red, white, and black, thigh-level plaid skirt

 

SANGUINARIAN'S UNIFORM

COAT: Navy blue with grey lining and coat-of-arms badge

SWEATER: Maroon

DRESS SHIRT: Grey

NECKTIE: Maroon

PANTS: Khaki

 

"Hi. I'm Krystal Jung," Krystal started as she stood on the platform in front of the class. The two vampires who were seated at the back clap their hands.

"That's my Black Swan!" Seokjin cheered like a proud mom.

Jeez. Krystal thought. She couldn't help but smile shyly at Jin's sweet gestures.

Taehyung then slapped Seokjin's arm to stop him from clapping so Krystal could speak again. They didn't mean to make a show out of a simple lecture so the vampires shut their mouth and just watched.

For Suzy, it was funny. She thinks about how lucky Krystal must have been for having Jin as her master.

"Let me just give you a little background about the coven before we start with their history," Krystal recounted how she and Suzy were trained back then and tried to deliver the same instruction to them. "As you know, just like any coven, there are vampires who are mixed-bloods and pure-bloods. We call this coven as sacred because most of the pure-bloods are here."

Seokjin nodded, pleased at what his Black Swan said.

"Pure-bloods can develop their abilities, while mixed-bloods can't because those vampires were humans turned by the sacred ones. And only pure-bloods can become master vampires--the most powerful sanguinarians that ever existed. All of them can become master vampires if their abilities are developed at the right time."

The newbies began taking notes and scanning their manuals.

"As Black Swans, the loyal guardians of these pure-bloods, it is our goal to guide them through their transition and ensure that they don't cause trouble in the human world. We kind of act like mediators between vampires and humans."

Seokjin looks to his left to whisper something to Taehyung only to find him already seated behind Tzuyu, snooping at what she was writing on her notes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter