011 - No More Dream

The Awakening of the Sacred Coven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Hi," Krystal made her presence known as soon as she entered Seokjin's dark study.

It was already past 8AM and she was about to leave for school when Jin summoned her to his study through Butler Seung-won.

Since it's still early in the morning, the curtains were still drawn close, giving quite an eerie feel to the room, adding to the fact that Seokjin was incredibly silent. She couldn't quite make out what the vampire was doing while sitting behind the office desk.

"Morning," It took him a full minute to respond to his Black Swan, swiveling his chair around to smile at her.

Krystal returned the smile as she tugged at the slings of her designer backpack, unbeknownst to the thing that Seokjin was holding on his lap.

"You look lovely in that uniform," Seokjin complimented, setting the mood before he gets down to business.

Krystal blushed, a soft "thanks," escaping her lips.

"Anyway, I will be quick. I just want to ask a few questions," He said right away without inviting Krystal to sit on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

The thing is, he couldn't break it to her with that proximity so the distance from where she stood and where he sat was the best option for him.

"Sure. Go ahead," She nodded.

Seokjin rested his elbows on the desk and clasped his hands together so he can rest his chin on his forehand. It felt like a deja vu of last night when Jungkook visited him in the same spot. Truth is, he never left the room since last night. He was thinking hard about the strange behavior his Black Swan was showing and overanalyzing Kim Jongin's involvement in this.

"Is there something you wanted to tell me?" He started. "You know, like the old days, before the training for the Black Swans began. We used to talk about ourselves a lot."

Krystal was confused, "What do you mean?"

Seokjin could see that she was really lost so he decided to change his technique. He settled into his swivel chair, crossed his arms over his chest, and took a deep breath, "I heard from someone you asked them about Kim Jongin."

Krystal froze. Her thoughts suddenly wandered to remember where she had mentioned the name to. Then it hit her. It was with Jungkook. When they bumped into each other in the repository. The question also reminded her of the Kim family book that she lost a week ago. She intended on returning it to the repository but it strangely vanished from her room.

"I-uh," Krystal was scrambling to look for words she could say to clear his suspicions. But nothing came out. She didn't want to disappoint Seokjin but she could only swallow her anxiety at the moment.

The vampire, on the other hand, couldn't quite read the thoughts running through her head. It was always this way. So Seokjin patiently waited for her to respond. Worst case scenario, he would be forced to use his illusion abilities on her to get answers. But then it was Krystal. She is one of the most important persons in his life right now even if he felt betrayed just thinking about how Krystal became curious about the man he hated the most.

He has never thought about doing such things to her that he regrets it immediately, "Don't worry. You can tell me when you're ready."

"It's not like I wasn't ready to tell you when I came here. I knew you would ask. It's just that I was confused—" She lied, her grip on the slings of her bag tightens. "Well, I still am, that's why I couldn't tell you because I wanted to be sure about it first before I talk to you. Now that you asked about it then I guess there's no use delaying the discussion." She paused, waiting for his approval.

"I'm listening," He coaxed, leaning forward to rest his crossed arms on his desk.

"I've seen Kim Jongin before."

The revelation struck him, which made his jaw twitch. "When?"

"The night you had trouble with Yoongi in the alley. I was with Jungkook. We were looking for you," Krystal swallowed hard. Recalling the scene makes the hair all over her arms rise.

"How did you see him?" Seokjin was willing himself not to overreact to the situation. But just the mere fact that Kim Jongin tried to get near his Black Swan made his already icy blood run cold.

Krystal clenched her eyes for a moment to visualize the scene. It happened a few times to her and each time she does it she feels sick. But now she was trying to fight it and appear calm in front of Seokjin to spare him from worrying. "I-It's nothing you should worry about." She looked down at her feet to avoid eye contact.

"I want to know. How." He pressed.

Krystal looked tensed, "I-I was in the car with Jungkook. I was in the driver's seat," She stuttered, her stomach was turning in directions she couldn't understand, she was starting to get sick. "Then two men crossed the street before us. One of them was Kim Jongin. He was wearing an all-black ensemble. Long coat. And a black hat. And then—"

That smile. 

The same smile that mesmerized her that night gives her the chills every time she recalls it.

"And then what?" Seokjin was getting impatient, oblivious to the inner turmoil Krystal is currently experiencing.

"Jin, please," She pleaded, putting a hand against her forehead, "I just want to take some rest." Lifting her face up to search for help, her world suddenly spun right before her eyes.

Seokjin immediately come to her aid, wrapping his arms around her from her side, when he saw she was struggling to keep her balance, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I just—" She hold onto Jin's arm for support. "I just feel sick whenever I think about him."

His grip tightens around her as soon as she said it like he was trying to protect her from any harm coming their way.

There's something going on here. Seokjin thought, dismissing the fact that Krystal has been thinking about the hateful man.


Meanwhile, Seokjin excused his Black Swan for the remaining days of the training, which forced Ms. Choi to help Suzy out in facilitating the newbies. Although the remaining days are focused on skills training, which includes martial arts from various coaches, the team still needs guidance and Suzy can't do it alone so Ms. Choi has to step up.

When it comes to family matters, the families of the Black Swans were dealt accordingly by the Vampire Council. Since most of them came from various backgrounds who are all affiliated with the Golden Circle, they didn't have a hard time coping with the fate that was destined for their daughters or granddaughters. Only Seolhyun's family didn't care about her leaving because she was an orphan and she lives independently in Gangnam before Yoongi had an encounter with her. The only guardian she has was her aunt who was too difficult to deal with because of financial issues. Eventually, she agreed to the relocation of her niece in exchange for a good amount and through some manipulation by the Vampire Council. It was one of the rare cases that a Black Swan came from an ordinary background.

Ms. Choi has also distributed the kit that each family has provided for their respective Black Swans before they will be sent off to each household. 

BLACK SWAN STARTER KIT

Aside from the sets of uniform, the kit includes four other items. A pair of grey contact lenses that shields the Black Swan from illusionists and for them to see clearly in the dark—to determine which is a sacred blood from others as with this they will easily see the blue light emanating from the veins of the pure-bloods at night. Next is the protective medallion that has three purposes. First, is to protect the Black Swan from any vampire who attempts to draw blood from them. Second, to recognize from which household the Black Swan works for. In the second medallion, there is an insignia inscribed for each household. This is also used to track the person in times of need. And third, to keep the Black Swan away from the danger caused by the enemies of the coven.There is also a phone that should be used as private communication device among the coven. Lastly, a vintage wine decanter where blood is stored in the absence of the vampire's familiar. Though small in size, the content is enough to fill a Fledgling vampire for a day.

The Black Swans should wear or bring these accessories at all times, the contact lenses and the phone being the priority. Since most of the sacred-bloods in the coven hasn't found their familiars yet, and since they live peacefully in their new home, which is South Korea, there's no need for the Black Swans to always bring the decanter and wear the protective medallion. Unless the Rogues decide on a sudden attack and ruin peace in the coven, the medallion would be a necessity.

"Huddle up," Ms. Choi announced as soon as the new Black Swans are all in the room. They occupied the seats in front to follow Ms. Choi's instruction of gathering around her. This is the last day and they will be sent to their particular households today.

Suzy and Krystal were nowhere to be found.

"As you know," Ms. Choi began the discussion, "We are only a few days to January 31."

The Black Swans were silently listening, except for Tzuyu who couldn't keep her thoughts to herself, "What's with the date?"

"I just heard from the news reports that there will be a lunar eclipse on that day," Jieun said, looking for validation from Ms. Choi. "The super blue blood moon to be exact."

"That's right," Ms. Choi confirmed. "And each year during the eclipse—

The double doors suddenly opened, which distracted the class.

"Um, sorry," It was Suzy who entered through the back.

"It's okay," Ms. Choi smiled at her. "We just started discussing the lunar eclipse."

Suzy sat next to Jieun who whispered, "Why are you late?"

"Long story," She said.

Then Ms. Choi's discussion pushed through, "As I was saying, each year during the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter