012 - We On

The Awakening of the Sacred Coven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days towards the super blue blood moon festival can now be counted by one hand as the preparations are underway. For the vampires in the sacred coven, the preparation is not an arduous task since there is an assigned committee that will organize everything from the little details up to the major ones--their Black Swans included. The vampires can just sit still and wait for the actual gala to happen. Their only task is to choose who will be invited to the ball. Although it is to celebrate every vampire in the Sacred Coven, there are still some exceptions.

For now, the pure-bloods chose to enjoy the little time left in their fledgling state by hanging out together, more often than not.

"Man, it won't stop."

"You know what would stop your craving?"

"Damn, Hoseok. Don't make the kid do it."

"Hey, Yoongi! I'm not a kid!"

"You're the youngest."

"Him drinking animal's blood is the only way to stop it," Taehyung interjected.

"Oh shut up. This vampire has to learn how to live like a human and man up." But Hoseok insisted.

"What is it exactly that you wanted to tell me?"

Hoseok then dragged Jungkook away from the others into another booth inside the Viper to avoid any interruptions.

"You know what's the equivalent of the act of blood for humans?" Hoseok paused, taking in Jungkook's confused expression.

Finally, Jungkook understood what he meant and he shifted from his seat, uncomfortable.

"It's ." There was the revelation.

"I know that!" Jungkook swallowed hard, squaring his shoulders and pretending that he was a man to know about such a proposition. But just thinking about the idea of him touching Suzy the way Hoseok suggested made blood rush to his face as if he had real blood in his veins.

Hoseok leaned closer like the next thing he was going to tell him is an important secret, "Back in the day, humans think we can't have . But we can please any woman if we want to."

"Because they think we can't get an , right?"

Hoseok barked a laugh at Jungkook's naivety, "Of course we can. Remember, we're vampires. We may not have red blood cells in our body but we have a supernatural control over our voluntary motor skills. So an is something we can control, unlike humans."

"I know we can. We are capable of performing high brain function and animating dead tissues despite the lack of heart rate, keeping our motor skills is never new."

"Exactly." Hoseok threw a punch in the air, "That's why I don't see why Yoongi hates being a vampire. We can have any time we want and we live forever. Isn't that the best thing in life?"

"I heard my name, you punk!" Yoongi yelled from the other side of the room, but they just ignored him.

"So now that you finally understood it, you can have with her to satisfy your bloodlust without committing any crime against the coven."

'What?!" Jungkook almost leaped from his seat. 

Hoseok pulled him back down, "I thought you wanted your cravings to stop?"

"Yes. But..." Jungkook trailed off, looking down and remembering how that night went. He's still wondering what Suzy felt that night. He couldn't read her thoughts and he's incapable of feeling emotions so he's not really sure about whether or not that kiss felt good to her. 

"But what?" Hoseok questioned, impatient.

"I don't want to use her."

"How come having with the person you want is using her? The damn girl offered her blood to you!"

"Hoseok," Jungkook's tone was serious. "She's not just any girl. She offered her blood to me because she cared."

"Well, it's up to you. I'm just trying to help you avoid a crime."

"I don't know," Jungkook was back to being confused. "I don't know what happened in my past life that made me crave my Black Swan's blood."

"Maybe you're just confusing that for something else?"

"Like what? Aren't we incapable of feeling real emotions? Or empathy?"

Hoseok cupped his chin as if thinking hard, "That's a supernatural fact. But I think not all vampires are that way."

"What do you mean?"

"Thinking about it," Hoseok began, "you're the only vampire who grew up with a mortal in the household. Do you care about her like she's family? Like there's some kind of blood bond between the two of you?"

"Yes. I do. But we both didn't know who we were until such time—

"Holy !" Taehyung rushed to the corner of the Viper where Hoseok and Jungkook are in. "Jin just texted. He called for a quick meeting. Now."

"Aish! You startled us!" Hoseok reacted, gripping the front of his shirt.

"Because it's something urgent!"

"What is?" Jungkook asked.

"Kim Jong-in. He's back."

With that, the room went eerily silent. No one dared to speak. They all have heard about him and they all feared the day he would come back.

 

"How did you find out he's back?" Taehyung began asking as soon as they entered Jin's study.

Seokjin was seated behind his mahogany desk, in deep thought. "Let's be careful this time. Hoseok, launch the oblivion."

"Are you serious?" Hoseok was incredulous. "Dude, I haven't eaten dinner, yet. That'll take up much of my energy."

"It will be quick. I'll serve you dinner." Seokjin interjected.

"Well, yeah, we have plenty of that in this mansion," Taehyung chided, enjoying Hoseok's grimace.

"Uh, thanks. But I would never dare have animal blood for dinner."

"It's for free then?" Taehyung asked, in which Hoseok just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I never thought my cousins would offer me such disgusting food." Hoseok's salty remark at his cousins. The Kims have been the Jung's relative for all eternity. 

"Oh shut up and launch the oblivion already," Yoongi was impatient.

"Aye aye captain!"

Jungkook then gets a chair for Hoseok to sit on. Every one of them gathered around him and Jin's table with their own seats. 

Hoseok closed his eyes and started with the manipulatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter