two

CLICHÉ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KIRA;

Kai and I shared something in common: we hate being cliché and we hate people being cliché. Just as he had mentioned about the postings on Twitter and Instagram, I feel the same way about it as he does. But being a girl, sometimes I have the sudden urge to at least post one of our pictures together or any moment of Kai and I together. As much as he hated it, I did post one picture.

Only one!

Kai wasn’t really happy about it but I didn’t really make it obvious that we were in a relationship together. Kai thinks that nobody knows but truthfully, words spread like wildfire even if you try hard not to expose your relationship. People will figure out one way or another. But thankfully, our relationship doesn’t get too much exposure. Our classmates in the first year – we bonded tremendously well eventually; suddenly, everyone had the same mind and thoughts – they knew of our relationship first. They kept it silent, causing the slow Kai to be oblivious to the situation. But girls tend to gossip so one of the girls asked me and I had to acknowledge it eventually. And I asked them not to tell around because Kai hates it. They understood, thankfully. What lovely classmates I have. Had.

Now we’re onto our 3rd year in college. This reminds me of our 1st year together. But since Kai told his story on his point of view, I’m going to continue with the story with my point of view.

 

Walking around campus together wasn’t a big deal for us because when we were walking together, there would always be Hana and Nora with me. My two best friends. Yes, Hana, the person that people think was a snob and a know-it-all. In reality, people didn’t really know Hana that well. In our class, she started to be friendly to all and she is the most caring person I have ever known. She is the reason I deleted the judgmental side of me. Initially, Kai always questioned why I was friends with her. I just told him to be patient and just go with the flow. Eventually, he saw Hana’s true colours. Now, we could see eye to eye on things.

Kai had made new friends. A big shocker for me but he managed. Since he liked dancing, he found another guy who shared the same passion as he did and he goes by the name Oh Sehun. Unknowingly, they became the best of friends. In a way, I was glad that Kai had found someone to be his friend. Someone he finally trusted other than me. The reason why he seems so hostile is that of his trust issues. He did mention that, right? Yeah, and before meeting Sehun, I was the only person he trusted.

In the middle of the 1st year, we got really close. I could take his lame jokes and he could take mine, we started to not mind if we made evil jokes against each other, I could call him ‘bastard’ and he could call me ‘.’ But deep inside, we knew we loved one another.

No, that was before he asked me to be his ‘one and only.’

Onto how we got together, we sort of just clicked. There was no formality, really. He started to get protective but not overprotective, he would ask if I was okay if he saw me not being as cheerful as I was, he would ask me to accompany him go here and there – and I liked it. I like being his company.

Now, how he asked?

It was a Tuesday, and we went out to eat dinner outside of campus. There was a shopping mall just a few feet away from our college. He asked me to come with him. And I agreed. I didn’t know why on that day, I decided to dress nicely. Not that I didn’t mind my appearance before. But this was being extra particular about how I looked. So I decided to go with a black tank top with a matching Uniqlo red and black flannel, H&M black skirt and my favourite Converse black and red high cut Chuck Taylors. Heck, I even bothered to straighten my very untamed wild hair!

We decided to meet at the college gate. My heart was beating fast as I walked there. I was worried about how I looked, to be honest. All of a sudden, I was so particular about my looks. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. Was that what they call ‘love’? I’m gagging.

I arrived at the gate, searching for him and when I looked to my right, I saw him. He was leaning against the light pole, with his hands in his brown golden khaki pants. He matched it with a light denim blue shirt and he folded the sleeves up to his elbows. I was always envious of his shoes. He was wearing Nike baby blue and black shoes; the outer was black while the lining and the signature mark of Nike was baby blue. He caught me off guard. I didn’t expect him to look good especially with his hair in a mess and it was swaying with the wind. Usually, he’ll spike his hair whenever he feels good about his looks. But I liked his hair down better.

I slowly approached him, taking in the image of him in front of me slowly. I smiled discreetly. I was happy. I knew I was in love with him. And that moment strengthens everything.

When I was next to him, I stepped on his shoe.

“Excuse me! That’s new!” He exclaimed and brushed off the spot I stepped on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter