The architect

Joy Sanctuary

Kyuhyun checked the 2 designs and drew circles here and there. What's with today's young interior designer??! She didn't even fully utilised all the spaces! He threw both designs to one side and walked out to the new lobby. He looked around. If he wanted to give Heechul's staff, Sung (or what was her name again?) a chance, maybe he just asked her to combine both designs and utilised as much space as possible.

He snapped both designs with all his circle marks and sent the images to Heechul. Then he sent him a message. 

"Hyung, I sent you the images. I want your staff to combine both designs into one and please, utilise as much space as possible. This is an orphanage home, not a high class hotel lobby, for Christ sake!! What is wrong with young interior designers nowadays??!!" and Kyuhyun threw his phone on to the sofa without waiting for Heechul's reply.

"Sungmin!! Come in here!" Heechul yell from his room.

"Yes boss?" Sungmin asked him from his door.

"Where's your phone? I forwarded you the client's feedback. Take your phone and come in here now"

"Yes boss. Give me a second" and Sungmin ran to her desk to retrieve her handphone from her bag. She has forgotten to take it out after she came back from lunch.

"Hmmm, he wants to fill up those spaces?" Sungmin asked her boss once she has seated and checked the images.

"He wants you to combine both designs and utilised as much space as possible. I told you already, he's a difficult client and he knows what he is asking".

"I see. I thought that it would give the lobby a fresh look and a cosy place for next-of-kin to visit the kids..."

"Yes but you don't have to make it like a hotel lobby. Just go and redesign to combine both into one, and let me see first"

"Alright, I do it now" Sungmin bowed at him and left his room. She sighed and walked to her desk.

"What's wrong Min? Boss not happy about what?" her colleague, Donghae, asked her.

"Haiz, that owner of Joy Sanctuary gave some negative feedback on my designs. The owner said I wasted too much space" Sungmin said sadly, while looking at her designs that the owners' parents had chosen.

"Oh, do you mean KH Cho?"

"No, that's the architect. The one commented on my designs is the owner".

"We are talking about Joy Sanctuary, right?" 

"Yeah...." 

"Miss Lee Sungmin, the architect IS the owner of Joy Sanctuary!"

"Huh?? How do you know??"

"He is our boss' friend. He gave some important jobs to boss before and I handled one of the job. Yeah he is a difficult person but he's a brilliant architect. His buildings won several awards already because he used sunlight and open spaces, to achieve natural lightings".

"Really? So the owner is KH Cho. But if he's the architect, why don't he just hire his own interior designer to complete his architectural creations? Why hire a third party interior designing firm like ours?"

"Maybe he prefers to work on his own or maybe he has an agreement with our boss to use our firm for interior design?"

"So, you worked with him before. You don't find him difficult?"

"At first, yes, but once you get to know him, he's actually a very nice person. Impatient at times because he's a very busy man coz running the sanctuary, but really, he's a nice guy".

"Hmmm, I haven't met him personally but so far, I already find him difficult"

"You never met him? Then how did you design whatever he wants?"

"Through our boss"

"Ohh, but he was here last week"

"Really? Maybe I was out at that time"

"Ahhh, yeah, I think you were not around. I remember Jungsu said Heechul was looking for you"

"Maybe I am fated not to meet him since I already don't like him"

"He's handsome you know. Maybe you will fall for him!" Donghae laughed, and added "Maybe it might work out, hmmm let me see..... Miss Lee and Mr Cho, because my dear Sungmin can tame him down anytime!".

"Oh please, I am not interested to get to know such a difficult man!! Anyway, I'm sure such a successful architect would have someone already"

"Nope, he's still a bachelor. That what I heard. Too bad I'm attached hahaha"

"Hae, please, stay true to Hyuk!" Sungmin threw a crumpled paper at him. 

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying! Too bad I'm attached!" Donghae laughed, and picked up the crumpled paper and threw it back at Sungmin, and added "Wait till you see Mr Cho himself, you might be falling heads over heels with him, or, he might be falling for you!" Donghae laughed again. 

"Go do your work!" Sungmin showed her tongue at her colleague. Donghae has been her closest colleague eversince she joined this firm. He has helped her to settle down and guide her on her work. She owed it to him. Though he's a gay and has a boyfriend, she never looked down on his preferences because she believed, every human has the right to chose. 

Sungmin stayed late just to finish up the amended design. She completed it around 10pm, and by then she nearly felt like fainting. She scolded herself for not buying something to eat earlier, as she was an anaemic, so now she has to face the consequences. 

She quickly sent a copy of her design to Heechul, and then packed her things. Once out, she saw that the supermarket nearby was still open. She went in, was happy that there were still some sandwiches left, grabbed two packs and rushed to the counter. There was only 1 counter opened at that time of the night, and an old lady was holding up the queue due to counting and recounting her coins to pay for a loaf of bread. 

Sungmin seriously felt like fainting and she desperately needed to eat. She asked the checkout counter guy loudly from where she stood "is there another checkout counter?" 

The few people in the queue turned around to look at her, including the guy at the counter. The guy in front of her suddenly said "Oh my, not only you were impatient when you were driving, but also when you are queuing". 

And the last thing she saw was the face that was previously helping the kids to cross the road to their bus, and she blackened out and fainted.