Visitor

Joy Sanctuary


Kyuhyun kept his promise to let Sungmin paid for her shoes. They had laughed all the way to the Bella by Bella shoes boutique after Kyuhyun's attempt to tease Sungmin to make love in his car failed, due to a loud honk from the car behind.

Sungmin ended up buying two pairs of shoes as she could not decide which one to buy, between a beautiful sequin Elsa Black - Sparkly Sequin Black Evening Shoes, and a cinders crystal encrusted court shoes by lucie green couture. 

"Take both!" Kyuhyun had said when Sungmin could not decide. 

"But I only need one pair for the wedding...." Sungmin was still indecisive. 

"You can put on the cinders crystal during our wedding march in the garden, and the Elsa Black during our wedding banquet" Kyuhyun reasoned with her. In his heart he had face palm "Women...." but he didn't say it out loud, of course. 

After 10 minutes of indecision, Kyuhyun said to the boutique staff, smiling "We'll take both". 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun with a "seriously?" expression and Kyuhyun just raised his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders as though saying "why not?", so Sungmin mumbled "okayy" and got up to pay, in case Kyuhyun beat her to the cashier. 

It was 3 days before their wedding, and Sungmin was busy in her office, finishing her project before she goes on her marriage leave and honeymoon for 2 weeks. She prefers to finish it rather than troubling her colleague to cover her. 

Suddenly a voice was in front of her desk "Care for lunch?" and when she looked up, it was non other than her beloved Kyuhyun. 

"Kyu, when did you arrived?!" 

"I text you my dear, but obviously you never check your phone..." 

"Ohmygod you did? I'm so sorry!!" Sungmin saved her work and quickly grabbed her handbag to check her phone. And there, she saw Kyuhyun's message sent an hour ago. "Ohh, you need to pass something to my boss..." 

"Actually it was an excused because I missed you. Hmmm but seems like the one I miss didn't miss me..." Kyuhyun said, feigning sad and sulking. 

Sungmin got up and playfully punched Kyuhyun "I was busy to finish up my project so that I don't have to handover to Donghae. He is already busy as it is..." she said, and turned to take her handbag. 

"I know, I'm just joking! Come, let's go for lunch" Kyuhyun took her hand and intertwined their fingers and gently pull her along. He knew if he didn't force her to go for lunch, she would just lunched in and continued doing her work. 

He really dropped by just to see his fiance, and to pass the letter of occupancy approval for the MediaCity project that Heechul's company did for him, to Heechul. With the occupancy approval letter from the authority, the MediaCity building is now officially completed and Kyuhyun, as the chief architect, can demand payments so that he could pay Heechul too. 

He could forward the letter to Heechul via email, but then, he needed the excuse to come to the company, right? Based on Korean tradition, their parents had told them that they were not supposed to see each other for the week before their wedding, but heck care, he missed Sungmin so much! 

He pulled Sungmin into his arm once they were in his car "I miss you" and the kissed her because he couldn't resist her lips. 

"I miss you too Kyu, and we are not supposed to see each other!" Sungmin smile sweetly at her gorgeous fiancee. 

"I can't. I need to see you for my battery to be charged and I can't wait till this weekend" Kyuhyun smile and her lips again, and pecked her lips briefly. 

"Actually it's a beautiful feeling to miss each other, right, and after this weekend, you will see me everyday. You might get sick of me" Sungmin . 

"Believe me, I love you too much to be ever get sick of you! But I will try not to be too possessive, and I promise you that I will give you space and will not force you to always follow my decision" Kyuhyun was serious when he said this. He has done a lot of thinking and he has reached a decision whereby he wanted to build a new life and family with Sungmin based on compromising, trust, mutual respect and decide everything together. 

Sungmin smile and nodded with understanding. She knew that she could be stubborn at times, but she too has decided to change for the better and always seek Kyuhyun's opinion before she decide on anything. She hoped that she will be a good wife to Kyuhyun and make him happy for as long as she lives! 

Sungmin began to relax during their lunch. She didn't realised how tired she was rushing to finish her project for the past few days. "Kyu, let's take a selfie together, before our marriage" and she moved to sit next to Kyuhyun on the opposite site. 

"Why? Before and after you become Mrs Cho?" Kyuhyun while pulling her closer to him. They took several selfies and checked their photos and laughed because in one of the shots, Kyuhyun turned and kissed her cheek and in another shot, Sungmin closed her eyes. Sungmin sent the photos to Kyuhyun's phone and then they got ready to leave. 

"Kyuhyun!! How are you?? Long time no see!" suddenly a lady was next to them, smiling at Kyuhyun. 

"Ohh, Seohyun!! I'm good, how about you? I guess, we didn't meet since that last architect board meeting years ago?!" Kyuhyun accepted her hand politely, and then introduced her to Sungmin. "Seohyun, this is Sungmin, my fiance, and Min, this is Seo Juhyun, my classmate from my university days, and she is an architect too" Kyuhyun smile while introducing them. 

"Wow, fiance? So you two are getting married? So, I see that I have no more chance! Had I know, I would have tackled you earlier, Kyu! But I thought you said you are the type who wouldn't want to be tied down" Seohyun said, looking at Kyuhyun, smiling sarcastically and raising her eyebrows. 

Kyuhyun laughed "That was before I met Sungmin. Now I can't wait to be tied down!!" and he smile at Sungmin and intertwined their fingers. 

"I see, ok then, so when is the wedding?" she asked, still looking only at Kyuhyun. 

"This Saturday. Sorry I didn't bring an extra wedding invitation card. What's you number, I text you the address. Do come for our wedding" Kyuhyun said politely and took out his phone. 

"You lost my number?" Seohyun felt disappointed and it showed in her face! 

"Yes, sorry" Kyuhyun apologised, and waited for Seohyun to give her number. Why would he keep her number when he has successfully got away from her? During their university days, she had always tried to date him out but Kyuhyun had always turned her down as he didn't like her character. She was too boastful of her looks and too proud that she was among the top students. But she always lose out to Kyuhyun as he was the one at the very top! 

After giving her number, Kyuhyun said politely "Thanks, I'll send you the wedding venue later. Ok, we make a move first? Nice meeting you, Seohyun" he bowed a bit as a gesture of politeness. 

Sungmin bowed too and started moving with Kyuhyun. How rude this woman! She only looked at Kyuhyun and totally ignored Sungmin. She wondered if Kyuhyun and that woman was in a relationship before... 

"Why are you so quiet?" Kyuhyun turned his body to look at her, when he noticed that she was quiet since they left the cafe and walked to his car. "Min, she was only a classmate, nothing more than that. She did asked me out a few times, but I turned her down because I don't like her character. Maybe... God already arranged that I will meet Miss Lee Sungmin one fine day and fall hopelessly in love with her... " Kyuhyun to get her to smile. 

Sungmin did smile! "I was just wondering why she looked so disappointed when you introduced me as your fiance. So, she has feelings for you but you ignored her". 

"She has feelings for all the guys in my university course! She dated all the guys and tried dating me, but too bad, she wasn't my type!" 

"Okayy. I hope I'm your type!" Sungmin said, smiling.

"You are my type, my soulmate, my World, my heart and soul, my everything!!" Kyuhyun pinched her nose and then reached over to kiss her. "So sorry I have to invite her because I mentioned to her about our wedding, so....."

"It's okay, Kyu, don't worry about it. You will be mine, so I'm totally not worried!!" Sungmin smile naughtily. He pulled Kyuhyun and kissed him, earning a deep kiss from him!

Kyuhyun sighed "I will miss you again until I see you this Saturday. Don't work so late okay. I'm going to call you at 7pm to check whether you are still in the office or not!"

"And I thought you said that you will give me space??" Sungmin .

"That is different! I don't want you to be too exhausted because of your work. You need to rest" and Kyuhyun pinched her nose affectionately.

They laughed and Kyuhyun drove her back to her office. They kissed before separated and Sungmin waved goodbye before entering her office building. She couldn't wait for Saturday too, to be with Kyuhyun forever in matrimony.

The two days before her wedding were the busiest days that Sungmin ever encountered. Her mother had arranged for so many appointments, from facial, to body scrubbing, to manicure, padicure, hair saloon, massage and even makeup and grooming. Sungmin didn't even had time to reply Kyuhyun's messages and she just prayed that Kyuhyun would understand.

Kyuhyun on the other hand, were busy too, ensuring the sanctuary were cleaned, decorated according to plan, arranging the chairs, decorating the aisle, put up the flowers along the aisles, ensuring parking lots have sufficient spaces, helped his staff to put up signs to the Sanctuary, cleaned up their space room for the bridal room where Sungmin will do her makeups, and also decorated his own room as it will be their bridal room. They would be spending their wedding night here and then leave for their honeymoon.

The long awaited wedding day finally arrived, and Victoria came in early morning to arrange the wedding and banquet gowns in the room reserved for the bride. She joined Kyuhyun's family for breakfast, and then set to work. Sungmin and family arrived early too, and as the groom and the bride were not supposed to meet, Sungmin was ushered into the bridal room, and breakfast was served in that room.

Kyuhyun was frustrated as he missed Sungmin so much yet it was so difficult even to get a glimpse of her!!! And she is there under the same roof!!! He has to constantly reminded himself that he would see later at the altar, so be patient!! 

Hours later, Sungmin has put on her wedding gown and Victoria was putting on her make up. Suddenly the room door opened, and somebody walked in.

"I'm sorry, the bride is not ready yet" Victoria turned to look at the visitor. The visitor is a lady, looked elegant, holding a cup of drink.

"It's okay, I just want to congratulate the lucky bride" she said with a sarcastic tone and walked nearer.

"Ohhh, Seohyun-ssi right? How are you? Welcome to the sanctuary" Sungmin said, smiling, when she saw who the visitor was.

"Thank you, but the sanctuary belongs to Kyu right, not yours" she said sarcastically. "Anyway, congratulations for getting Kyu to be your husband! I do wish you all the best to tame him" and she laughed while opening her drink near Sungmin.

"Careful there, if you want to drink, you can do it outside, please" Victoria moved to stand in-between Seohyun and Sungmin.

"I just want to give her a toast!" Seohyun said with a displeased tone of voice.

"With coffee? Please drink outside and my apologies, do leave this room. I need to finish her makeup" Victoria said in a stern and firm voice.

"Tsk" and Seohyun turned unhappily and walked out the room. She was angry because she had wanted to ruin Sungmin's wedding gown with her coffee! That was what she had in mind, and now her plan failed!