Crutches

Joy Sanctuary

Before anybody could talk further, the door opened again and a nurse walked in with Sungmin's medication. 

"Mr Cho, here's the medicines for your wife. She can take them after the meal. The doctor will be here again around 5pm" the nurse passed him a small cup of medicines. 

"Thank you, nurse".

The nurse bowed and then bowed at Heechul and Donghae, and left the room. 

"KimKyu! What's going on? First you got my staff to work on Saturday then now the nurse thought that you are her husband??" Heechul walked nearer and put his hands on his hips over his long coat. 

Donghae, ignoring his boss and managed to suppress his curiosity, walked nearer and stood on the other side of Sungmin's bed and asked her softly "Sungminnie, how are you???". 

Sungmin smile shyly, nodded and mouthed "I'm ok, Hae". 

"Hyung, didn't expect you will be here so fast after I message you" Kyuhyun got up, took a serviette and wiped Sungmin's mouth, and put down the food at the side table. He took the glass of water and the medicines, and deliberately move closer to Sungmin so that she could take her medications and drink the water. 

Sungmin used her eyes to warn Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun gave the look as though saying "We've been caught red-handed, might as well let them know".

Both Heechul and Donghae looked at them in awe, and dying to know what exactly is happening. Donghae walked back to Heechul and whispered "Boss, I think there's something going on between those two!!" 

"I thought so too!" Heechul whispered back, and then turned to Kyuhyun, "Ok, out with it, what's going on?". 

Smiling at Sungmin, Kyuhyun sat down on Sungmin's bed, facing the two curious men. Holding Sungmin's hand, he said "Yes, we are in a relationship. I started to like her even before I knew that she is your staff and now actually I am totally in love with her". 

Donghae closed his mouth in surprised and glanced at Sungmin. So, Mr Cho was the hunk that carried Sungmin when she fainted! He smiled at Sungmin naughtily in which Sungmin smile back, knowing exactly what was in Donghae's mind. 

Looking at Heechul, Sungmin spoke up, "I'm so sorry boss, I wanted to  inform you and Donghae, but I wasn't ready to let you all know yet and I don't know if our relationship will impact Kyu, I mean Mr Cho, as our firm's client".

"Sungmin didn't want to expose our relationship yet in case the industry will judge me and your firm, like people might say "no wonder that Cho always choose SJ Designs Inc, because his girlfriend is there" you know that kind of talking... " Kyuhyun rolled his eyes because he knew too that people would talk. 

"Well, first of all, congratulations to you two, especially you, KimKyu as we all know that you are very busy and never had time to date!" Heechul said, folding his arms across his chest. "and well, regarding your relationship, hmmm, there are good and bad points actually. Good to my firm because no doubt, you will always choose my firm, but bad for you because you can't scold Sungmin. Hahaha". Everybody laughed to that. Now the atmosphere became less tense. "But you haven't answered my question, why was Sungmin at the work site?" 

"Ohh, actually, Sungmin volunteered to teach the kids baking this morning, but I guess thereafter it was my fault coz after that, I asked her to drop by the work site as the contractor wanted to confirm something" Kyuhyun said, looking down. It was true, if he didn't asked Sungmin to be at the worksite, all of these wouldn't happened. 

"No Kyu, it was my own fault. You had already warned me not to step on those planks, but clumsy me didn't see where I was going. I was too engrossed to measure the other wall" Sungmin said sadly. 

"How are you now Sungmin?" Heechul asked her, seeing all the bandages. 

"Other than aching, I feel ok now, maybe because of the painkillers. I'm sorry, boss, I will be on medical leave for a while"

"But who will take care of you, you live alone, right, Minnie? You want me to ask Sungjin to fetch you and bring you back to your parent's home?" Donghae asked, full of concern. 

"Don't have to, Hae. I bring her back to my apartment. I take care of her" Kyuhyun said, to a surprised Sungmin. 

"Kyu, I can stay with my parents, I don't want to trouble you. You are very busy as it is, travelling from city to the sanctuary". 

Kyuhyun moved nearer to her and said "No. I'm bringing you back with me to my apartment". 

"Ahemm... Sungmin, I think you should just follow what he says. Then he won't bug me on the designs...." Heechul said, jokingly. 

"Hyung, when did I bug you? I just pointed out what need to be amended!" 

"Yah yah, you pointed out with such authority so people are naturally scared. You are such a perfectionist, and a top architect, we know you have certain standard! So, next time Sungminnie is safe? Because you won't scold her. Hahaha" Heechul already  envisioning the future. 

"Boss, I really don't mind to be scolded because to me, work is work. I know where to draw the line" Sungmin said, trying to defend her boyfriend, the almighty KH Cho. 

"Are you sure about that???" Heechul . 

"Of course" 

"Boss, of course Mr Cho won't scold Sungminnie now. She's too precious to him..." Donghae laughed. Kyuhyun high-five with him. 

"Ok ok let's not disturb the lovebirds, Hae. Let's go for a drink. Sungmin, glad that you are ok. Let me know when you are discharge so that I can indicate in our system that you are on hospitalisation leave. Take care" And he turned to Kyuhyun "And KimKyu, please take care of my staff!!" 

"Sungminnie, I see you again. Take care!!" Donghae held Sungmin's hand and squeeze it. Sungmin smile at her friend and said her thanks. 

"Thanks for coming, boss and Hae" Sungmin waved at them. 

"Thanks hyung and Donghae. Don't worry, I will take great care of my wife" Kyuhyun chuckled. 

And Kyuhyun really did. He practically camp there. He brought his laptop and work into the room, and do his work while Sungmin sleeps. And he helped her to go to the bathroom to wash and waited outside the door for her to finish. He trained her to use the crutches because Sungmin refused to be carried around and when Sungmin was certified well enough, she was allowed to be discharged. 

They left the hospital and dropped by Sungmin's apartment to pack her clothings and toiletries. She tried to convince him that she could take care of herself, but her plea fell on deaf ears. Knowing Kyuhyun, he won't bulge after he made his decision. 

In Kyuhyun's apartment, she has a crashed course on where he kept his things and which room was for what. The master bedroom has a separate walk-in wardrobe which was as big as her own room back in her apartment! 

"Min, you can put your clothings here, I'm not using this space" Kyuhyun showed her a two-door  tinted glass wardrobe opposite his main wardrobe. 

"Oh but I can always hang them in your guest room. I'm ok to use the cupboard in that room".

"Guest room? I'm taking care of you, so you will be sleeping here" 

"In your room? Then where will you be sleeping?" 

"Next to you.." Kyuhyun said with amusement. 

"What? No, no, Kyu, I can sleep in the guest room" 

"I won't do anything to you. I just want to take care of you" Kyuhyun moved nearer, and pulled her into his arms. 

"I know, but, what will your family say if they got to know that we are sleeping together?". 

Kyuhyun moved her at arms length and said "So what if they know? We are not doing anything. Just sleeping". 

"Kyu, parents mind are not so liberal like us. It's not so proper to sleep together outside of marriage". 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Hmmm, so, shall we rush to a church and get married now?" 

When Sungmin became quiet, Kyuhyun said "Ok ok seriously, they won't know unless we told them. And I'm only going to hug you in my arms on the bed, for now... " 

Sungmin gave up reasoning. She should know better that this is KH Cho that she's dealing with. 

Sungmin grabbed her crutches and started to move towards her bag to unpack "Ok then. I'll unpack and put my toiletries in your bathroom. Later I cook something for dinner?" 

"No, don't cook tonight, I can call for food delivery. You need to rest". 

Sungmin turned back to look at Kyuhyun but her crutches got caught at the side table. She lost her balance and fell forward. Kyuhyun saw it and quickly step forward to catch her. 

"Ohmygod, I'm so sorry Kyu and thank you!!"

"That's it, I'm going to carry you around, and even to the bathroom!"