Difference in opinion

Joy Sanctuary

They were 30 minutes late for the therapy session, but luckily for Sungmin, the patient before her has not completed her therapy session yet.

Her doctor was satisfied with her condition, so he arranged for one more session before he can  certified that Sungmin can go back to work.

Sungmin was happy because it was a good sign that she is recovering. Kyuhyun warned her not to walk too much, else she would only tire herself and slow down the recovery. They kissed in the car before Kyuhyun dropped Sungmin off at her house, with laptop and all.

At her doorstep, he said "Take care. I love you" Kyuhyun said and kissed her forehead.

"Drive carefully, Kyu. Call me tonight?"

"I will, coz we still need to finalise about this Saturday. Go on in, I leave after you go in" Kyuhyun smile. He will missed her, that's for sure, till Saturday, when Sungmin's family would visit them at the Sanctuary.

He drove off to meet a client. This client has been pestering Kyuhyun to be the architect for a China condo project, but Kyuhyun was hesitant, as he didn't want to leave Sungmin behind. He is indeed a changed man! Previously, he would grab any overseas big project to showcase his design. But not now. His priorities has changed, much to his own surprised. His priorities is Sungmin now. To be with her, to take care of her and to love her unconditionally.

Sungmin. He loves her with all his heart. How time and fate change everything. Sungmin must have been his soulmate, because they fit together in every aspect. Working life, understanding each other, uphold family values and respect each other's feelings.

The meeting with his client ended up very late. Kyuhyun finally agreed to take up the job, only if he could start after his wedding. The client was happy and agreed to whatever Kyuhyun requested.

By the time Kyuhyun reached his apartment, it was closed to midnight. He texted Sungmin to ask whether she is asleep. When he got no answer, he sighed but understood that it was late, so he didn't call her.

After he showed, he sat at his study table and went through the China project proposal. 

SM Development Corp. (SMDC) looks to launch three residential towers in its two-hectare property in Chengdu, China by mid of next year, citing the demand for such a project in the area.

The residential arm of property giant SM Prime Holdings, Inc. has already launched two towers in Chengdu last year. The robust sales take-up allowed SMDC to sell out the two towers just a day after they were launched.

Kyuhyun checked the internet on any write-ups about the earlier condominiums launched by the group. "Hmm, not bad, but the designs were a bit old fashion" Kyuhyun thought to himself. 

He then googled about the city of Chengdu. Chengdu is the capital of southwestern China's Sichuan province. Chengdu's history dates back to at least the 4th century B.C., when it served as capital for the Shu Kingdom.

Chengdu is aiming to  develop  itself into a National Central City by 2020, and eventually plans to become a sustainable world city by 2050, according to a draft planning document. According to the plan too,Chengdu  also wants to  develop  into a world-class garden city.

"Wow, ok, so if I want to plan something, I must consider from a garden city perspective. A modern condo with world class gardens surrounding it. Interesting.." Kyuhyun was still deep in thoughts when his phone ping with a message. Smiling, he read the message. 

"Sorry Kyu, I was doing my work in our living room, and charging my phone  in my bedroom. Are you still up?" 

"Yes, 'up' in every sense. I call you, ok" Kyuhyun put a wink emoticon and sent, then dialled Sungmin's number. 

"Hello Kyu! You are still doing work?" Sungmin asked, glancing at her bedroom clock. 

"I can't sleep when mine is up" 

"Huhh.... what do you mean?" 

"Nevermind" Kyuhyun chuckled. "I came back late from a dinner meeting with my client. So now I'm going through his condo project proposal". 

"Oh wow, a new project? In which part of Seoul?" 

"That's the problem. It is in Chengdu, China. I decline it at first, but he insist that I do the design for him". 

"But isn't it interesting? A project in China!! You can showcase your talent in architectural design!" 

"But babe, I need to travel there and probably need to stay there for months when the design gets underway..."

"You are so used to travelling already, so shouldn't be a problem to you.." 

"I have you now, and I cannot not see you in one day.." Kyuhyun sound so sad. It is true that he missed Sungmin if he didn't see her in a day. 

Sungmin felt so blessed hearing that from Kyuhyun, but she shouldn't be selfish. "Kyu, it's your passion in designing. Please don't think about me. I'm always here and will always support you". 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath "I can't. Unless you come with me to Chengdu. Anyway, he is okay for the project to start after our wedding, so after our honeymoon, I bring you along with me to Chengdu..." 

"Kyu, I need to work and my boss will not...." 

"Stop work and stay by my side... I did say I prefer you to stop work when you are pregnant" 

"But I don't intend to get pregnant so soon after our wedding, and I still have work to do..." 

"Ok, let's discuss this another time" Kyuhyun said. He needed to find ways to convince his workaholic fiancee to stay by his side. Changing topic, he ask "So how is your leg after the therapy? Is it aching?"

"Ermmm, it was very aching and painful just now during dinner, and I was limping badly. Omma put some oilment and boiled some yucky-taste herbs for me, and somehow it did wonders! Gradually I don't feel any more pain".

"Are you lying on your bed and resting your leg?" Kyuhyun asked with concern. 

"No, actually I'm still doing my work..." Sungmin said guiltily, as she was caught red handed! 

"What??? Who's job? Can't be mine?!!" 

"No, it's for Seoul City Townhall, which I need to finish by next week"

"Finish whatever you done, and off your laptop!. I'm going to scold Heechul hyung". 

"No Kyu, please don't! It was my fault. He wanted to reassign this to  another staff, but I told him I can finish it..."

"Min, you need to rest! Eventhough your hands are not in pain, but by sitting in a long period of time, your legs will develop cramps. Not good for your healing process" 

"I will take care, Kyu, don't worry.."

Kyuhyun was quiet. He knew that Sungmin can be stubborn sometimes and she would forget to eat or forget about the time. He vowed to change all that when they are married. He wants Sungmin to enjoy life and not to be too workaholic.

"Kyu...."

"Ok, but can you please saved whatever you have done and go to sleep?"

"Ok, shutting down my laptop now"

"Good. I fetch you on Thursday for lunch?"

"You want to drive all the way here? I can get a lift from Appa and meet you around town..."

"I fetch you. I have a meeting at Incheon in the morning, so I can drive to Ilsan by lunch time. Say about 12.30pm?"

"Ok then, see you, Kyu. I love you"

"I love you and I miss you. Go to bed after this ok"

"Ok my caring fiance, I will. Goodnight, Kyu"

Kyuhyun gave her a "muack" sound and bid her goodnight. He took a deep breath and shutdown his laptop too. He needs to discuss with Heechul hyung regarding Sungmin's workload, especially when their wedding is near. Although he knew that he shouldn't interfere with their company workload, but she is his future wife! He didn't want Sungmin to work late and bring home her work. He wants to spend as much time with her as possible.

Isit too much to ask?
And he wants to start a family as soon as possible...