2/4

Conveniently Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---CHAPTER 2---

 

Jimin’s work started at the right footing. His fellow interns were welcoming; all warm smiles and encouraging nods. The Lady Boss was kind enough to walk Jimin to his new cubicle on the second floor of the office building, on said boy’s first day at work. Lazily waving at the bare and boring looking cabin while pointedly reminding the younger boy his role as the ‘younger brother’ of Saving Finance and giving a gesture of ‘I am watching you’ before leaping in the elevator to go to the higher floor, where- thankfully- the lady boss had her office.

 

Things went relatively great for first week but Jimin soon realized the depth of his lie.

 

Acting like a gay at his 9 to 5 job proved to be an energy draining task, Jimin soon reckoned, especially when one of the new intern- just five cubicles away from Jimin’s cabin- seemed to possess the most attractive back view he had the pleasure of seeing in a long time.

 

Jimin softly cursed under his breath as the hot intern walked passes his cabin while swaying her voluptuous as seductively as possible. Jimin tried to lean in as discreetly as he could in order to feed his hungry eyes but the brow raised look the woman in the opposite cubicle threw his way clearly showed how her humungous toad like eyes were accusing him for being disloyal to his ‘supposedly’ boyfriend.

 

Jimin again cursed for the excessively helpful introduction his lady boss had bestowed on him earlier that day… urging Jimin to broadcast his ual orientation and relationship to the whole staff right then and there.

 

In that moment Jimin belittled himself for speaking the lie in the first place. Thus he vowed to be more careful of his words… to always think before speaking; something he lacks, in all honesty.

 

Jimin’s self-promise was tested by the end of first month when being the generous and good elder friend that he is; Jimin took Jungkook out shopping as a treat for getting first salary from Saving Finance. Since rest of the friends were busy with their respective jobs and only Jungkook- the lone student among them- seemed to have enough time to waste.

 

Jimin was feeling over generous for some reason as he bought Jungkook a shirt and some slacks, and seriously contemplated buying a Gucci tie for Taehyung… but the number of zeros the price tag held scared the poor guy and compelled him to run as far away from the store as imaginable. Thankfully he found an exact same pattern- obviously duplicated- at a stall outside and bought the tie for much affordable rate.

 

After loitering around without any aim, Jimin and Jungkook found themselves plopping down on a random restaurants chairs and ordering far too much food than required by two… yet they ate until the last bite.

 

“What about desert?” Jungkook demanded when Jimin forced the boy to leave the restaurant at long last.

 

“Ice cream?” Jimin suggested after a shy glance at his protesting wallet. Of course, he got better pay than his last job but he still needed to send a good amount of his hard earn money to his mother and a slightly more amount for his family to get a few gifts would be nice as well.

 

Now who could say no to ice-cream? Thus, the pair of boys enthusiastically entered an ice-cream parlor and naturally sought the table for two.

 

“Jimin Hyung,” Jungkook called as soon as Jimin’s touched the small plastic chair. “You order. I am gonna use the comfort room, okay?”

 

Jimin raised a thumb up in assurance before going to counter to order their ice-cream. The guy at the counter told him that their ice-cream would be delivered to their table thus Jimin came back humming a random tone under his breath. Just then something bright red blur pass him, something gorgeous and hot cladded in a knee length red dress- if Jimin was being more precise. Unconsciously, Jimin’s gaze flittered toward the girl with long brown hairs, eyes cat-like and a bit droopy. Jimin his lips involuntarily before jerking a bit as he noticed the girl turning her heard and looking straight at him. Their gaze clashed for a moment longer than necessary and taking his chance Jimin gave a suggestive wink. Abruptly, Jimin’s line of vision got block by a muscular body of a tall guy. Blinking in surprise, he looked up to find two mean eyes slanted at him.

 

“Did you just wink at my girl?” The well-built guy demanded while menacingly crackling his knuckles.

 

“What the-?” Jimin gapped like an idiot afore the scene in front of him registered. Slightly leaning his head a bit Jimin found the hot girl smirking at him but more than that Jimin’s eyes found a petite and cute looking waiter diligently scrubbing the table behind the one the girl in red dress occupied. Jimin’s eyes flittered back to the intimidating guy before him and he could mentally see the black eye Jimin would be nursing once the big dude was done with him. This left only one option for him. “Actually… I winked at that cute waiter over there.”

 

The bulky dude raised one of his thick eyebrows while Jimin struggled to keep his face blank.

 

“I am gay man,” Jimin cringed at the fact that living a lie for one whole month had rubbed him off quite badly. “I didn’t even notice your girl. I found the waiter cute so I tried winking at him but I doubt he witnessed.”

 

“Umm… are you talking about me?” The petite waiter sprang up out of nowhere with a giant bowl of vanilla and chocolate ice-cream- decorated with biscuit and cherry- on a tray while looking at Jimin with a hint of pink hue on his cheeks. Jimin desperately tried not panicking because he did not foresee his lie being extended toward another pair of ears; especially the waiter’s ears.

 

“Quite funnily, I was,” Jimin admitted sheepishly. “But I would say sorry and request you to not repeat the incidence because I am actually here with my boyfriend. If he heard, I would be kicked out of our bedroom. So I beg you… please don’t.”

 

“Oh,” The waiter looked slightly disappointed while the girl in red dress huffed in a mocking way.

 

“You should be more loyal to your boyfriend,” The girl repented while her bulky boyfriend only looked at Jimin in apprehensive manner.

 

“I should,” Jimin agreed readily before bringing his eyes to the direction of rest room’s door just in time to see Jungkook coming toward him. Cue; Jimin’s desperate pleadings. “I won’t do it again but please don’t say anything in front of my boyfriend. He is coming back. Please!!”

 

Jimin doesn’t know what good deed he ever did but thankfully the waiter slammed the ice-cream bowl and left before Jungkook could slip in his chair as well as the bulky guy and girl gave last pointed look to Jimin before sitting down on their own table. The fact that Jimin only ordered one large bowl- because Jungkook and he always like to share their food- made the bulky guy to finally believe Jimin’s earlier statement and relax to enjoy his evening.

 

The conveniently being gay thing was becoming a bad habit; Jimin noted bitterly but soon waved away the thought as he and Jungkook munched on their favorite ice-cream, thoroughly enjoying the treat.

 

Nonetheless Jimin wouldn’t be Jimin if the fate doesn’t has a plot twist for him as always. Jimin was on his fourth spoon full when his wandering eyes saw humungous toad like eyes staring at him from the glass window of the parlor. Jimin can’t forget those toads like eyes even if he tried because those precise eyes are always watching Jimin’s every move in office since he was unfortunate enough to be given the cubicle right opposite to Mrs. Himi. The woman was the biggest gossiper among his office colleagues and Jimin wondered more often than healthy if his lady boss would fire him if pointed out how Mrs. Himi’s gossips were more distracting than office affairs.

 

But the thing to consider was that Mrs. Himi was here… watching Jimin share his ice-cream with Jungkook… Mrs. Himi, who was the biggest gossiper of Saving Finance…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter