1/4

Conveniently Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---CHAPTER 1---

 

He fidgeted in his seat under the scrutiny of wide brown knowing eyes of the lady that was interviewing him. The black haired male was compelled to look away from those eyes that felt like X-raying his very soul but he didn’t because he knew it would blow his little chance, he seemed to believe he has, for landing the job.

 

“So you are gay?” The lady boss asked, words laced with scoff clear to its hearers but the black haired male choose to ignore them.

 

“Yes, very much,” The man exclaimed in an over exaggerated happy tone. “Been gay since I was born.”

 

“Really?” The lady drawled skeptically, looking at the interviewee with a rather hard stare. “And this whole ‘being gay since I was born’ deal has nothing to do with the fact that I just told you we don’t hire male employees in my company because I despise office romance since it creates distraction… would it?”

 

“Ha… ha…” The male let out with a strained smile. “No?”

 

Jimin, the black haired guy with an average male height of 175cm in addition to eyes shining with brown orbs and thick lips stretched in a wide smile, mentally belittled himself for making the boastful ‘NO’ he was intending as a weak and lame question mark laced ‘no’ in the end.

 

“I mean, of course not,” Jimin let out an intentional huff with a tiny wave of his hand which he quickly tucked back between his joined knees when he noticed the heavy scowl gracing the lady boss’s eyebrows.

 

“Still, I am sorry but we won’t be hiring you,” The lady boss lay out flatly while leaning back in her chair and pinning the disappointment splashed face of Jimin. “Even if you are gay, like you say… I would frankly admit that you are quite good looking and being single, of course my employees gonna make gooey eyes at you and would find reasons to drop by your cubicle and catch you in a meaningless conversation… in short the ‘distraction’ I hate.”

 

“But… but,” Jimin started looking here and there while brainstorming himself for a valid reason to change the lady boss’s mind. “I am not single. Yeah… I already have a boyfriend, who gave me a good luck kiss in the morning and is hoping for me to return home and give the good news. Moreover, just see my resume… I am more than qualified for the job and I am a really hard worker. If you hire me you will see how dedicated I am to my work and I don’t like creating distractions myself. And I am really faithful to my boyfriend and would never welcome anyone’s advancement because of the gem I would be returning home to every night… I would make sure the whole World knows I am already taken and more than happy about it, especially your staff.”

 

The lady boss looked at the sincere and raw emotions on the younger man’s face; slanting her eyes she kept gazing for longer than necessary before a small smile graced her features as she returned her attention toward the thick resume of the young man. It was silent for a while in which the interviewer scanned through Jimin’s achievements as a finance student throughout his university life.

 

“Okay fine,” The lady boss declared finally, throwing the resume on the table with more force than she envisioned. “I shall hire you-”

 

“Thank you Ma’am,” Jimin started fervently but was cut off when the boss raised her hand to stop him.

 

“I am not done yet because I have a ‘but’ to throw in here,” The lady boss explained as her brown irises locked themselves with Jimin’s chocolate orbs. “I shall hire you but you would start here on the lowest platform, I know you are doing great on your previous job and had snatched a couple pf promotion in less than a year… but here on ‘Saving Finance’ you would spend your three months’ probation period on the lowest platform and then I would think about promoting you if I don’t find you bothersome.”

 

“But the only position opened in Saving Finance is of manager- that I applied for- at the moment,” Jimin started carefully. “If you don’t hire me now, you will fill that spot with someone else, so…?”

 

Jimin left his sentence hanging because he knew the intelligent boss of his would understand his predicament regardless of the fact that he can voice them or not.

 

“People directly under me don’t last that long anyways, Mr. Park,” The lady boss leaned in to put her elbow on the gleaming oak desk of hers while delicately supporting her face in her palm. “Because I demand for perfection and how I see it… you do possess the qualities I seek… but… I still don’t believe your ‘being gay’ story.”

 

“Well, then I guess I should invite you to my home and let you meet with my boyfriend,” Jimin joked lightly.

 

“That’s a thought,” The lady boss said, making Jimin to pale ever so slightly before the woman in her early thirty’s laughed like she was too joking similar to Jimin. “So, what do you say, Mr. Park? Would you like to be part of ‘Saving Finance’s family as the only youngest brother here?”

 

Jimin thought about the offer for a few seconds. The company he was working for currently was quite small and the boss was a bit of an idiot, making Jimin question- multiple times in one day- who in his right mind made that man boss? Jimin worked his off in that company only for higher ups to take all credit while his bank account hardly felt any impact at the end of the month when his salary arrives. And it was no secret that ‘Saving Finance’ had quickly became the best Finance Managing Company in a short time… this company would promise Jimin a better and secure future. Moreover, its wage even on the lowest platform is more than what he gets at the moment and considering how he has to send money back home every month, every penny was worth it. All in all…

 

“I would love too,” Jimin declared with a wide smile plastered on his lips.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

Jimin couldn’t fight off the big grin on his lips as he fumbled with the house keys. His giddiness only skyrocketing when the key twirled around to open the locked door. He couldn’t wait to tell his good news to his little family.

 

“I am home,” Jimin announced as soon as he entered and started untying his shoe laces in the entrance.

 

“Someone looks happy,” A deep voice commented, making Jimin to look up from his hasty hands trying to take off his shoes and shoot a charm oozing smile at the tall frame of the guy Jimin shares his bed with, every night.

 

“Guess who got the job at ‘Saving Finance’, Jungkook?” Jimin said with his broad smile still plastered on his face.

 

“Oh no,” Suddenly Jungkook’s face fell before the younger boy whined. “Hyung, now I owe Taehyung 20 bucks… thanks a lot!”

 

“Brat,” Jimin slap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter