Now I See The Difference....Hehehe

The Color of Love

I paced back and forth in my bedroom, thinking of what to do today with Yoogeun, Minho, and Kibum-sshi.

That dream also made me think more about Kim Kibum....

Flashback.....

I woke up in the school garden, where me and Eunae first met.... why am I here? o_O

"Onew~" someone had been calling my name - that oh, so familiar nickname.

I spun around at the voice behind me and smiled until it reached my eyes, running towards Eunae and spinning her around in my embrace like no tomorrow.

"Eunae!  I love you so much, don't ever leave me!"  I cried out after I stopped spinning her.  She smiled sadly at me before saying softly, "Sorry, I'm so sorry, but I already left you and Hyunki in this world, Onew."

My face went solemn and I felt a tug of sadness in my heart.  Of course she wouldn't come back.  She can't.  She's dead.

Suddenly she showed her mischievious smile.  "However, remember part of my last words?  When I told you that you can move on?"  she asked me.

I frowned at her and pouted.  "Of course, but why should I move on?  I love you too much!"

She whacked me at the back of my head with a pink fan.  Where'd the hell did she get that?!

"Pabo!  I know you're too slow to fall in love with another person, so I hitched you up with fate.  You know, it's not wrong to love another special person and your dead wife at the same time."  she scolded at me.

My eyes widened as my mind began to register what she just said.  Did MY Eunae just say that?  She partnered me to be with someone else?

"His name is Kim Kibum, and yes, I know he's a guy.  But that doesn't matter, right?"  Eunae looked at me in question.  I shook my head, indicating that it really doesn't matter.  She smiled at me.

"Be sure to take care of him, and he'll won't be replacing me, relax.  Kibum is a sweet boy, and I can tell you're already in love with him."  Wha-?

End of Flashback

That's when I woke up.

Weird dream, right?

Is Kibum really the one for me?  That's what Eunae said in my dream, right?

Well, then again, he's so similar to Eunae...... but, I don't want to fall in love with someone because they're exactly like my first love.

There's gotta be something about this boy that's different from Eunae, despite being a boy.

I walked out of my room to find Minho playing with Hyunki in the hallway.  They were playing human airplane. Heh.  I also noticed that they were standing right outside the bathroom door.  I walked up to them and asked, "Why are you guys hanging around here?  Why aren't you two taking a shower?"

Minho placed Hyunki down on his feet and looked up at me from the floor in a squatting position.  His thumb stuck out to point at the bathroom door.  "Kibum hyung's in there."  he replied.  Kibum hyung?  Since when were they acquainted closely?

"Oh."  was all I simply could say, and that was all Minho needed to notice my discomfort.  He stood up and looked down at me, since he's taller.

"He said that since we're all living together for a while, we should use some honorifics.  He's older than me by a few months."  Minho explained as he held Hyunki carefully by the shoulders.  I nodded in understanding, then all of a sudden:

"Minho hyung, Appa.... I need to pee."  Hyunki simply stated as he uncomfortably crossed his legs and squirmed a bit while standing.

"..........you guys can use my personal bathroom."  Just that one statement got me to receive 2 thank you's as the 2 boys rushed to my bedroom and into the bathroom.  I chuckled at the cute sight and heard a light click noise.  I turned around to see the bathroom door open, revealing a topless Kim Kibum.  Wet.  And topless.

I could feel my cheeks flushing for some reason, and I couldn't stop staring at him.  Ever since I met him, I thought he had been a scrawny kid, but who knew this guy had some muscles underneath that girly shirt!  His hair was wet, and he looked like he was ruffling his hair dry with a towel.  The only thing he was wearing are sweatpants - pink sweatpants.

He didn't notice there was anyone behind the now open door until he looked towards my direction and let out a yelp.  "YAH!" He cried out, covering his chest with the towel he was using to dry his hair.  "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!  YOU NEARLY SCARED ME TO DEATH!"  He scolded at me.  Scolded.  Like a.... damn, can't find the word.  Calling him a motherly figure would be okay, but there's another word for his behavior, I can't pinpoint it though. :(

"Umm....I'm sorry.... I'll go and cook breakfast now - "  Kibum cut me off.

"Relax, I'll do the cooking from now on.  I want to be of good use for just staying here without paying rent or anything.  I kind of feel bad."  Kibum calmly spoke as he strutted to his pink room, which is just across the hall from the bathroom.

Let me repeat:  This boy had strutted to his room.  As if it was a runway show.

Dammit, why can't I think of the term for this?!

~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~**~***~*~**~*~*~

After taking a shower and dressing into casual clothing to go to college, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, meeting Kibum with a shirt on this time, cooking breakfast.  The smell is so fantastic~!  It was then I noticed the table beside him that there are 2 plates which looks like it has already been used.  But I washed all the dishes last night - ?

"Kibum, why are there 2 plates over there?"  I asked and pointed nearby him.  He looked up at me, then at the plates where I was pointing.

"Oh, Minho and Hyunki just ate and left to school.  Minho said you should rest for once and he'll be the one to drop Hyunki off to preschool before he goes to college classes.  By the way, I should let you know that I'll be going to the same university that you and Minho go to.  Minho told me all about it a while ago, and I'm thinking of applying over there.  You know, I might as well learn while I'm in hiding..."  I nodded at him, still slowly processing everything he said into my brain.

After a while, we both started eating breakfast.  Kibum acted too motherly towards me, but I don't mind, really.  This act just reminds me of Eunae.

Oh crap.  Wasn't I supposed to find a difference between Kibum and Eunae?  I have to stop comparing him to my late wife.

Come to think of it, there was something that made him unique.... what's that word?

I snapped out of my daze once I heard a vacuum cleaner turn on.  We have a vacuum cleaner?  Oh yeah, one of the wedding gifts Eunae and I got.  But I've rarely used it since... she died.

Curious, I stood up from my chair in the dining room and headed towards the living room.  My eyes caught an angry Kibum in a pink apron and a hankerchief tied around his head (again, pink) with a feathered duster in his hand, cleaning the dust of this spacious house.

There's something about him other than being motherly, because Eunae's like that as well.  Or was.

"Oh my God!"  He exclaimed as he straightened his back, standing up.  He flipped his imaginary long hair like a girl and scoffed.  "Seriously, where did all this dust come from?!  When did you last clean this place?!  It's filthy yet spacious!  If you clean this place, I bet you could hold dance parties here - well, for little kids, because of Hyunki.  But seriously, aish!"  Then he started to stare at me.

I nervously shifted under his stare, eyeing me from head to toe.  Kibum took a couple of steps forward, which resulted into me taking a couple of steps backwards.  He noticed this action and rolled his eyes, suddenly reaching out and pulling me towards him.  I flinched as he touched my clothing.

"OH.  MY.  BUDDHA.  What the hell are you wearing?!"  He screeched at me.  I flinched at his voice, but then - what?  He continued to nag at me.  "Aish, hyung, you should at least consider a fashion statement!  Look at you!  You need to fix your hair if you're seriously going to let that grow!  And is this what you're going to wear for school today?!"  I slowly nodded.  He scoffed.  "Oh hell no.  There is NO WAY IN HELL I would ever let you go dressed like that with me!  At least Minho left with the decency of dressing up and looking good for the ladies!  You?  You'll scare people down the hallways of the university!  Come with me!  I'm giving you a makeover!"  He nagged at me and ordered me to follow him.

He ended up dragging me upstairs to my room to find something suitable for me to wear.  As he was doing this, a word clicked into my head.  One word which describes Kibum in detail.

Proud with utmost confidence, I flashed a grin at him and pointed at him in victory.  "DIVA!!!"  I shouted.

Kibum's eyes widened as he spun around quickly to look at me.  "What did you call me?!"  he asked in disbelief.

"Hehe~ you're a diva!  I get it now!"  I exclaimed proudly as I scratched the back of my head shyly.  Kibum just continued to stare at me for a few minutes until a small smile formed on his lips.

"You know, hyung, people in the past usually called me a because I act this way subconsciously.  You're the first other than my exboyfriend to ever call me a diva..."  He looked directly into my eyes.  "Thank you."  he said to me, forming an even wider smile at me.  I mirrored it back.

You know, this diva isn't so bad after all.... he ended up giving me something to wear decently to class today. :)  I started to get noticed at the university, and pretty soon by the end of the day Minho, Kibum, and I were already gaining creepy stalkers.  Thank God we ditched them before heading to Hyunki's preschool.

By the time we got home, I had a smile on my face.

Why?  Because I finally figured out the difference between Kibum and Eunae.

Eunae's more of a carefree mother, whereas Kibum is more of a motherly diva. Hahaha~ diva!

As I continued to think on my way to the couch, I suddenly frowned as another thought came to mind.

In my dream in the morning, Eunae mentioned something about me falling in love with Kibum.

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't mind falling in love with a guy if I could - but to love someone else after 4 years of waiting for Eunae?

It then hit me.  Reality.

Eunae's gone.  She won't come back.  She CAN'T come back.

After 4 years, an average widower would've been happily married with another person by now and have slowly moved on with life.

Me?  I know I have to move on, but...oh gosh, I don't have a reason not to.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

"Onew hyung?"  My head snapped up at the voice.  I was surprised to find Kibum standing in front of me as I sat on the couch.  What shocked me more was the nickname.  Did he just call me Onew?

"Did you just called me Onew?"  I blurted out quickly.  Kibum blushed and looked away.

"Well, you-you look  sort o-of soft, plus your skin r-reminds me of tofu... so I thought of Onew..."  He stuttered out and finally made eye contact.  "You don't like the nickname...?  Heh, too soon, huh?"  He tried to joke about the matter, but I kept a straight face on.

"Actually,"  I started to say.  He looked at me expectingly.  "I really don't mind Onew.  Eunae used to call me that."  I told him.  He nodded in understanding, then looked at me.  "Eunae... is your late wife, right?"  I nodded in reply.  Then it was just awkward silence.  Comfortable though.

Well not for Kibum.  He's still standing there.  I gestured for him to sit down next to me on the couch, but he shook his head.  After a few more minutes of trying to persuade him, I gave up and pulled his waist towards the couch.  He stumbled and ended up falling on top of me.

I don't remember how long we stared into each other's eyes.  All I remember was Kibum sliding off of me, mumbling an apology before just sitting beside me on the couch.  My heart fluttered for some reason when he was on my lap.  I'm not sure whether this was of lust or love - which is both ridiculous because a) I'd be a disgusting ert and b) I've barely met Kibum.  It's too soon for me to fall in love once more.

Next thing I knew, I fell asleep on the couch.  But not before my head landed on top of something soft and someone calling my name softly to wake up, but I was too tired from school today.