Sudden Playdate Request (swear words are blocked from now on - EDITED)

The Color of Love

Hello~!

*bows*  Thank you for dropping by to read this!

This is my 2nd fanfic here on Asianfanfics.com. :)

I hope you do enjoy this love story!

In case you haven't noticed, I love SHINee! :D

In case you've noticed, the forward I wrote says Jinki and Eunae met in the year 1999 and in elementary school.

I want to make it clear that this was their last elementary school year before hitting middle school.

And yes, 6 years later, they graduate at the age of 18.

Also:

Lee Jinki - the main character of this story who will mostly have the perspectives told in this story/college student for broadcasting media - Age:22

Lee (Choi) Eunae - Jinki's wife, first love, and everything who died of cancer/college student for visual & fine arts - Age:18 (when she died)

Lee Hyunki - Jinki & Eunae's son - Age:4

Choi Minho - Eunae's younger brother who loves his sister and is overprotective when it comes to the people he cares about/college student for sports and drama acting - Age:19

Kim Kibum - the man who will pop into Jinki's life and is so similar to Eunae in a total coincidence/took a year off from applying to colleges - Age:19

Jung Yoogeun - the little boy who looks like Minho and gets babysat frequently by Kibum - Age:4

Kim Jonghyun - Kibum's exboyfriend who loves him since high school and would do anything to get back with Kibum/graduate from music school - Age:20

Lee Taemin - Jinki's nephew who helped Jinki through courting Eunae and had traveled overseas after their wedding for schooling/high schooler - Age:18

;)  Please to enjoy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched closely as this person who looks like Choi Eunae plays with a boy who just ran up to him.  I'm sitting right next to them on the bench as I continued to watch the guy acting motherly towards the boy.  And you know what's weird?  The boy he was playing with looks exactly like Choi Minho.

Seriously, are these people related to the Chois?!  Please let it be, because I don't like it when fate plays with me.

I had enough of that when I found out about Eunae's cancer 4 years ago.

"Okay, you can go now!  Play!"  The motherly boy commanded the little boy as he lightly pushed him toward the playground area.  He comfortably sat down and sighed deeply.  Then he turned to look at me.

"Hey, you okay?"  he asked me.  I blinked several times before waking my mind up to what just happened, slowly registering what he just said.  When I did, I nodded in reply.

He gave me a smile that was too warmly similar to Eunae's.  Oh, how I miss her so!

"Hi!  My name is Kim Kibum, and you must be...?"  he warmly greeted me and took out his hand, gesturing for me to shake it.  I shook his hand slowly and smiled a bit, slowly relaxing to this Eunae-looking boy.

"Hello, my name is Lee Jinki.  Nice to meet you."  I greeted back.

A sharp pang in my head rang out and I could feel dejavu.  And I know exactly which flashback memory I'm getting this feeling from.

"Um.....sir?  Jinki-sshi, why are you looking at me like that?  Is it because I'm wearing pink?"  I snapped my thoughts back to reality and realized I'd been staring at his outfit.  He chuckled.

"Yah, I can't help but love this color.  It's my favorite color in the world!"  he praised himself loudly.  "Don't I look so fashionably adorable?"  he asked as he a pose randomly.  I had to laugh at his expense.  Being cocky's just too funny~!

Now I know one thing that Eunae and him don't have in common.  My laughing stopped as Hyunki came running to me while holding hands with the same boy this Kibum fellow was playing with earlier.

"Appa~!"  Hyunki cried out and flung his arms at my legs.  I chuckled and bent over a bit to pick him up in my lap.

"Umma~!"  the little boy next to us cried out and flung his arms around Kibum's legs.  Kibum lightly blushed in embarrassment as Hyunki and I laughed at him.  Kibum lightly whacked the little boy's head with a fan.

"Yah, Yoogeunnie~!  What did I tell you to call me?  Key appa, Key appa!"  He scolded the little boy.

Hyunki turned to me and smiled sweetly.  "Appa, can Yoogeun and I play at my house  tomorrow?  Pretty please?  He's my 1st best friend!"  he asked so kindly.  Heh.  Reminds me of how during middle school, Eunae would act like that every time she wanted to play with me.

I sighed happily.  "Sure, why not?"  Hyunki squealed and pulled me into a hug.  My son is so cute~!

Kibum continued to smile at my direction.  "Ah!  Here's Yoogeun, by the way.  I'm always babysitting him, since he's my neighbor's kid.  She's always working, and ever since her husband died, no one has the chance to ever take care of this little fella."  he introduced Yoogeun to me as he ruffled his hair.

I smiled sadly.  "Yeah, I know how that feels.  Oh, by the way, this is my son, Hyunki."  I introduced Hyunki to Kibum.  His eyes widened.

"S-Son?  W-Wait, so y-you're a m-married m-man?  How old are you??"  Kibum asked me.

"Well, yes, Hyunki's my son, and his mother died of cancer 4 years ago.  I'm young, I know.  My wife and I married when we were 18 years old."  I briefly explained to Kibum.

He had this solemn look on his face that says, "Wow, and I thought I've been through rough s***."

"Sorry, Jinki-sshi.  I didn't mean to - "  I waved it off.  "It's okay, Kibum-sshi.  I understand your curiosity."  I gave him a reassuring smile.

"So,"  I began.  "should we plan a playdate or something?"  It seems that Kibum flinched at the word part date, but it was a playdate for the children, not for me and him.  Haha~  he's a boy, and I'm male, so NO THANK YOU.  THAT WILL NOT WORK.  MY ONLY LOVE IS EUNAE! :)

"S-Sure, w-why not?"  He stammered.  Oi, why's he stuttering? o_O  I continued to smile at him.

"Oh well, I think Hyunki and I should be leaving now.  Would you like to exchange phone numbers so I can tell you the address to our place tomorrow?"  I stood up and gave him my cellphone.  Kibum slowly took the phone and added his number in my contacts list, then gave it back to me.

He nervously smiled at me and waved.  We've said our goodbyes and Hyunki ran beside me as we raced home.

Key's POV

Omonaomonaomonaomona~!

What just happened?!  Okay, breath Kim Kibum!  Let's recap:

  1. I broke up with my boyfriend because he was too clingy and overprotective - not to mention wild in bed! O.O Not gentle at all!
  2. I just met this cute guy today 2 weeks after I break up with my boyfriend - and this guy is technically going through something.  His wife died and he has a son at such a young age! T-T  Such sadness!
  3. The cute guy name Jinki just stares at me, which makes me feel weird.
  4. He arranged a playdate for Hyungki and Yoogeun, but I have to go as well because I babysit Yoogeun. -___-
  5. I gave him my phone number.  I GAVE HIM MY PHONE NUMBER!

Aigoo, why do I get the feeling tomorrow will be different?  It's like there's butterflies in my stomach everytime I think about that cute guy....

"Umma!"

"STOP CALLING ME UMMA!  IT'S APPA!"  I groaned as Yoogeun chose to ignore me and giggle as he played with the bottom of my shirt.