Captaininja: The Greatest Gift

Us.

The 5th of May, today marks my birthday. 

One year older. 

They say time heals all wounds but no matter how old I get, no matter how many birthdays pass by, I don't think this is one of those wounds which can heal.  

I was listening to your song 'Happy Birthday' today, one of the lines was -

"You being born is an endless blessing to me" 

In reality, you are that endless blessing to countless people. 

One more line was- 

"Oh, listening to my voice tonight, although presents are everything, this is all I have for you" 

That's more than enough anyway but it's not true. 

You gave me so much but there's little I could do in return. 

Even today, you gave me a gift, you visited me today, you came to me in my dream and it was a beautiful feeling to see you again, in my dream I wasn't aware of what happened, I didn't think about this loss all I could see was you brightly smiling with the boys. I will continue to remember you like this, the person whose shining smile lights up the whole world and makes it a little warmer. 

You are my pride. 

You did well. 

Regardless, of the years that fly by, regardless of how many steps I take forward a piece of my heart is frozen in those days with you and I'll always carry your memories forward with me, safely tucked into the deepest part of my heart and mind.  

Thank you so much.