4 - CASSANDRA

ORION

 

The noise rumbled from the bottom of Cha Nari's apartment. The girl frowned and then covered her entire body with a blanket, but as if it were all in vain because no matter how much the pillow and blanket she used to wrap herself around the noise downstairs still was inexplicable to tuned down. With eyes still half open Nari began to drag her body out from her bedroom. Reflexes, her eyes were completely open  when a 5-year-old boyran up to her and hugged her legs tightly. The little boy smiled broadly with his front teeth missing.

 

"Noona, are you awake? Let's eat pizza "her babble voice was so cute. Nari smiled sweetly then kissed his  little baby brother cheeks - Cha Shin Woo. The two of them walking  towards the pantry with Shin Woo who is engrossed in telling her how his daily life is in his new kindergarten. Shin Woo had just entered kindergarten this year, that boy was pretty smart. At the age of 5 years he was able to solve some piece puzzle even accomplished some of words game, also don’t forget with his hobby in drawing, he is pretty talented. It looks like arts really flowing on Cha's family blodline.

 

After eating pizza in the dining room, Cha Soo Ae - Nari's mother tell her sweetheart to relax in the living room. Thank goodness that girl got her off-day today so she can play as much she want with his little baby brother without having to make many excuses for ditching college. "Nari-ah, your dad asked you to come to the opening branch party of KIM Corp Hotel tomorrow. I hope you can come, you don't  want your father to scold you again like last time, don’t you? "

 

The girl only exhaled loudly, she could never escape her responsibility as an heiress, doesn’t she?  She is the first child in their family, automaticly it is inevitable that she would  inherit his father's company later. To be honest the relationship among their families is not so bad, both parents are so supportive of her decision as a Fashion Designer. But Nari herself is feel burdened about all of this, because if not her who will take his father's business in the future? Suddenly like to know hat happened in Nari pretty little head, her mom spoke. "You don’t  have to worry about your father's company Nari. You can focus on realizing your dreams. Your father and I have been talking about this."

 

Nari looked at the woman in her late 40's with her shining eyes and then she smiled again. The girl returned to play with Shin Woo black hair who is currently sitting on her lap while enjoying an animated movie on her Average Plasma Television. But not long after the silence one words coming out from her mother pretty lips, she feel like get struck by a lightning in a broad daylight. Her happiness he had earlier have been blown away, she sighed heavily again. Suddenly she was back thinking about the sentence ‘he’ once said before, that words keep replaying in her mind. This is resulted of the memories about ‘him’ replayed Instantly in her mind, unconsciously Nari tightened both of her arms on her brother tiny body.  "Your father and I agreed that you should engaged with one of the sons of our colleagues. He can replace your position as a successor to the company. " her mom said.

 

We are the puppets of our parents Nari, please realize that.

 

***

 

Sehun, Jongin and his friends are now in one of Seoul's elite clubs, sipping his vodka and occasionally turning his gaze to the girl who for the past hour has drowning  in her own world. Although he and Nari literally are in the same room somehow the girl's soul is very difficult to reach, it’s seems her soul is floating so far away. Since a few weeks ago he invited Nari to come to the place he used to join street racing, Nari slowly  openly accepted his and Jong In presence which almost everyday . At first, the girl really got annoyed with both of them, but slowly she is happier than to be loner in her daily basis. Is not that she didn’t have a friend, she in fact  have enough friend to be called a bunch but,  is that just she is only showed her realself with pople she trust the most. Every Saturday night, Sehun will ask Nari to join him going out or just wsimply atched their friend raced at OLYMPUS.  Both him and Jong In also have succesfully persuaded her to quited her job as a waitress at Kris's club. At first she also refused to it, just because they didn’t have a privileged to control her live. But with a lot of reasons from both of them, Nari finally decide to accomplised their request. After all Nari's purpose to work is honestly  not for money it just that she want to get busier on her day-off, so the problem of losing a job does not really affected the said girl, right?

 

Jongin and the others have already busy hooking up and dancing with some woman downstairs, Sehun back to stare at the girl beside him, she still quiet in her little own bubble but occasionally still sipping her Margaretha that she hold on her slender fingers. Sehun hear that girl exhaled loudly, she brings her body back to lean on the chair, in reflex  Sehun widened his arms on the back of the arm chair and spread it as if he is hugging Nari from the side. 

"You're having trouble, did you?" He asked.

 

"Hmmm ..... my father wants to enganged me." One sentence come out of Nari's fusschia lips made that boy slightly widen his eyes. But after a few seconds he gained his composure and back to  his poker face. He then come back to stared  at the girl next to him. "My father asked me to come to the one of his colleague's soft opening party and maybe at there he would introduce me the son of his colleague's."

 

"Take it easy ..... I will help you as much as I can." He answered comfortingly. Nari briefly stared at Sehun along with her  weak smile, she then bring her head rested on sehun wide shoulder, she then closed her eyes and enjoying the music that had been played all night long.

 

"Let's dance"  he said. 

Sehun gently pulled her small wrist and leads her to the Dance Floor downstairs. He placed her in front of him, his arms circled around the said girl tiny waist meanwhile Nari, she put her hands on Sehun's neck. Both of them enjoying the music that is not too fast nor too slow just perfectly enjoyable. A few minutes later Nari dropped her head on Sehun's shoulder. Sehun tightened his arms on Nari body and brings her body closer, they swayed side to side that night.

 

***

 

 

Nari already sit at the KIM Corp's party chair while enjoying the music while her parents talked with their bussiness partner. Tonight she looked really stunning. The mauve one-shoulder strap dress she wear trully showing her milky white skin. Meanwhile the slit in side thigh accentuated her slender leg. Plus the silver beads that spread on her chest and waist are more emphasized her elegance yet y side out. She wore a classy makeup and let her shoulder black hair french twisted to the side. Meanwhile her little baby brother Cha Shin Woo is  wearing a cute white tuxedo with his hair neatly combed and a little red bow-tie. She then unconsciously  smiled at the sight of his little baby brother who is busy enjoying his Creme Brulee.

 

Not long after that, Nari asked her mother permission going to the comfort room for a while. Right after she came out of the comfort room she saw Jong In walking towards ballroom. "Kim Jong In, what are you doing here?" She asked that caused  him stopped. Jong In stared for a little longer,  then realized from his reverie and going  back to the ballroom with their fingers attached to each other.

 

"This is Aboeji hotel, of course I'm here."

 

"You .. are Mr.Kim sons?" Jong In just nodded and then smiled, he pointed his gaze back to the front.

 

"Are Sehun and the others here too?"

 

Jong In did not answer, he just grasped Nari's hand then led her to the corner of that ballroom far enough from his family's table earlier. There is Sehun, Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kris and some men who do not know and do not forget they all look very handsome. The handsome men stopped their conversation shortly after Jong In and Nari arrived in front of them. They greeted each other and introduced themselves, Nari looked at Sehun who had been watching her softly, then she responded with a smile. Nari also explained the reason why she can be at Jong In's dad party that night. About 15 minutes later, they returned to their respective desks that had been specially prepared for them along with their families. Sehun returns to his desk which is located 2 tables away from Jong In and Nari table. It is unfortunate that he is not at the same table as Nari, but he is more than glad to know that Nari's father is basically his and Jong In's fathers colleagues.

 

Jong In holds Nari's hand again to their table, their parents look surprised as in his older brothers, Suho and Jong Dae who are now looking at the both of them. Mr.Kim and Mr.Cha are honestly a business partners but they do not know if their children have known each other before. Mr. Kim and Mr.Cha seems  happy, the sure their plan to engaged  their children will run out smoothly.

 

"Jong In, you already know Miss Nari?" his father asked. Jong In nods and tells how they both meet, minus the moment when of his face battered. Of course, he didn’t  want his father to nagged him, especially in front of Nari and her parents he could be sure being embarrassed. The situation went well, the two families drowning in a comfortable conversation, Nari and Jong In also occasionally drew their bodies close to each other when whispering on some funny comments to people who come at parties with a fashion that  they think are ‘absurd’.

 

 

"I’d like to apologize  Aboeji we're coming late" a familiar voice behind Nari voiced, the girl frozen shortly, she was reluctant to turn around. Feared that her hunced was right. After a few seconds, the chair in front of Nari and Jong In squeaking quietly, Nari threw her gaze forward and was unbelievably shocked when she found ‘him’ in front of her.

 

The Man from her Past

The man she let take her precious possession

The man who made a sweet promise to marry her someday

Her wounds

 

The man was sitting with a beautiful woman who seemed to be in her mid-20s with a slightly rounded belly. Slowly Nari clenched her fingers,  her sight begin to get blurry, her face is heating up, and her throat feel so tight don’t forget her on  pounding heart. She bowed her head intently, unable to see the figure in front of her that put on his innocent baby face. That smile of him is really make her heart more pain. Slowly the memories of them played one by one. Jong In who see Nari demeanor, trying to comforted Nari  with holding her hand. He also tried to let go of Nari's fingers that she used to clutched her dress  until her nails are white.  Jong In rubbed the back of Nari’s hand with his thumb slowly, occasionally he gently pat the girl's fingers to show that he is there for her.

 

 

"Okay because everything has gathered, I will start the event" Mr.Kim was standing on the podium. First of all I want to thank the guests who attended the soft opening  of our new hotel. And also I want to give an important announcement tonight. I am the owner of KIM Corp. and Mr.Cha from Swiss Bell Group have agreed that we will engaged our children Kim Jong In and Cha Nari in the future.But because Nari is in the middle of finishing her Fashion Design Study we decided that their  engagement will be held  after Nari received her Bachelor Degree next year. That’s all from me, please enjoy the party. " Mr.Kim then stepped off the podium and back where he stayed before. Jong In and Nari which is still shocked didn’t voiced out for a while. Nari realized first and unconsciously se lifts her face and found put  the face of the man she avoided the most is now staring out at her with a unreadable face.

 

"Oh I almost forgot to introduce my eldest son, Kim Minseok. Forgive him for the timelost, he was busy watching his wife who was carrying our first grandchild. "

 

Nari parents seems to congratulate Hye Yeon - Minseok's wife and then talked back about some pregnancy and so on. But Nari who had felt no longer able to hold her tears any longer asked a permission to leave for a while. The girl rushed out and  trying to keep her tears from spilling, she did not want to embarrass herself let alone her family. Jong In also asked permission  and followed Nari that have been out aearlier, their parents just smiled and mumbled. While on the other side in a ballroom party a man was staring blankly, as if he could not believe what had happened. His heart ached, his chest was clenched, he pressed  his knuckles on both of his palms until leaving  mark. He then moved from his seat and left the hotel ballroom too.

 

I found it first

My angel ...... My girl

I just realized that I like you

And I'm late

He always be the lucky person

From the beginning, this heart belongs to you

But I'm a coward, not daring to ask you to be mine.

Until now I'm drowning in regret.

 

***

 

Note from Me :

Heloo this is Listy, like my promise yesterday, i am trying to update on daily basis based on how my ideas coming out. I will surely update if i got my idea faster and finished writing it as story. Anyway about my story, honestly i don't know the outcome of this story in the future. I'm still just wrote what was come from my mind. I want to add some action in here but i'm still figure it out when and where i'll combined it. 

By the way i used the tittle chapter with some element of greek myth, actually it's just supportive matters for this story. You know i choose the name ORION because there's a lot of myth and story behind it. But from now on, i want my story as a riddle-type. If you see the tittle of the story you currently reading that's the clue for the event that may be happend in the next chapter.

Every greek god/goddess have their own story both of love or punishment stories and i'm not completly take it all at once, i will take it piece by piece depends on the flow of my story. Also i am an amateur writer, this is my first time writing and i hope you can bear with me i also need a lot of advice and support from you all.

 

Thank You,

XOXO