Chapter nine

Just my boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ballroom was becoming livelier and brighter as more people came in, and I smiled softly as I heard someone murmur that the decorations were 'smashing'. All my duties accomplished, everything triple-checked, I slipped away to the washroom for a quick breather before I went back to supervise the area. Donghae had stayed back because changmin told him he'd pick him up when his work was done, so I came alone.

I checked my professionally done hair and makeup and smiled. I looked pretty good, not as bad as he'd made me seem. My hair, usually stright hair, was styled in y way if I can say. The lady who'd done my makeup lined my eyes with dark liner which was the only bold thing among all the soft-toned makeup. My lips were a red naturally so she didn't put anything. My eyes, I thought, looked over dose than my usual, but my look still professional because it's a business party after all. 

Fortunately, none of this clashed with my hair or outfit,
I wore a simple black ripped pants and a red shirt I left the collar undone because I felt so hot from moving around alot , so I'd have to button up sooner or later when I feel cooler.

Now that I looked more closely, it did make my arms look flabby...

Oh well, no dream dance for me, that was all. It was all business tonight. Breathing deeply, I straightened my back and walked out of the bathroom. That was my last break of the night, after this no more dreaming and procrastinating. I was in charge of making sure nothing went wrong and everyone had fun and my boss was happy.

So far, so good. No problems with the wine or the appetizers, the guests looked like they were having fun (except the odd few people who puffed away in the corners) and the decorations were well set-up and I overheard positive comments only! I was feeling good, having recovered from the negative reaction that I'd got from kyuhyun, and I was accepting all the compliments with a silent 'thank you'. After all, I was the one who drew up the layout and everything, the only thing I didn't do was actually put up the decorations.

I ate a small appetizer about every twenty-five minutes, I was too busy to eat but I was too hungry to ignore the scents wafting to my sensitive nose. The music was pretty good, and I found myself tapping my foot to the upbeat jazz tunes. I wanted to dance, but OH-WHAT-A-SHAME, I couldn't. Too busy and no one to dance with. I saw donghae stumbling around with changmin on the floor, but they were laughing so it was all good. For them, I mean. I felt a pang of jealousy everytime I saw them having so much fun, even though I was happy for him.

As if things weren't bad enough, kyuhyun popped DIRECTLY into my line of view steering a redhead around the floor gracefully. What was WITH him and redheads, anyway? I frowned at a lock of brown hair that fell into my eye, and huffily blew it out of my face. Well, I wasn't going to change it, not for anyone. I couldn't help staring as the couple gyrated around the room and imagining myself in that redhead's - seohyun, I think her name was -nice. I was so jealous, more than I was of Tiffany . Because she was the socialite I'd seen him with in all those gossip columns.

Blinking rapidly to force back the tears that had suddenly formed, I turned my head to look at donghae being all happy - it was better than staring at him with another girl. Unfortunately he was nowhere to be found, they'd disappeared! Startled, I began looking frantically all around for them. After I'd scoured the room twice, I concluded that they weren't there, and had presumably left together. Looking at the giant clock that loomed over the main doors, I saw it was a little after twelve in the morning. The buffet had been put out by quarter to twelve, I knew, but few people were eating.

Within minutes, however, more and more guests began swarming toward the giant tables holding the food and serving themselves. I picked up a glass of champagne from one of the trays nearby, and drowned some troubles in that one flute. When I'd finished my third and was sneaking a fourth, the raven haired vampire-lookalike 'kyuhyun' appeared and had put the coat on my shoulder. Facing him, I repressed a gasp and the urge to coo.

"Set with me, Ryeowook." I almost melted. "We need to talk." I froze up again.

"Any problems, sir?" I asked, putting on my best serious face, not even faking it - talking with drinks in my system requires concentration!

"Some men and women have been leering, Ryeowook. I told you to cover up. So why didn't you?" he deadpanned, a tinge of red staining his cheeks. 

"I'm sorry, but this is the only clothes I have and I feel very hot to keep the coat on." I replied primly. "It's a matter of little importance anyway."

"My secretary cannot afford to look inappropriate!" he glared. "Our company's reputation won't be tarnished by your promiscuity!"

Then I did gasp. And tear up,but kyuhyun of course didn't see it.

Kyuhyun immediately blushed and looked embarassed, no doubt over the fact that he'd lost his cool.

"Yes sir," I replied through clenched teeth. "Since there is no longer any use for me to take care of things here - they seem to be going well - I'll take my leave."

"Ryeowo-" he began, but I cut him off.

"If you're worried, I'll ask another senior secreta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter