Chapter two

Just my boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wookie, you're finally here!" Donghae grabbed me in a death-hug and I laughed. Or tried to, seeing as I couldn't breathe.

"Hello...W-wookie." said Henry softly, peeking out from behind donghae.

"Get off him!" Sungmin commanded, pulling donghae away by his hair.
 "Cutie! C'mere!"

And he proceeded to squeeze the remaining dredges of air from my lungs. I pushed him off, gasping and laughing at the same time.

"Guys, don't overdo it! It's just been a few months!" I said. "It's not like I died or something!"

"It sure felt like that," donghae snorted. "Look at you! Even I wouldn't wear anything that ugly!"

"Hey! I'm sorry, but I didn't have any money to buy new clothes so I had to make do with the clothes Mum left behind!" I frowned. "They're not that bad, right?"

"Yes they are." the three said in unison.

"Okay, okay! I'll be getting more money with this job anyway, so maybe I could change my image at work." I sat down in one of the many plushy chairs sungmin had.

"Great! When you get your first BIG paycheck, tell us and we'll go shopping!" Sungmin declared.

"Damn..." donghae swore and Henry hung his head. They hated shopping, WE thrived on it!

I laughed as I looked around. We were all so different, yet we bonded better than most would.

Okay, so some background info would help you understand my friends, right? Okay, I'll give you the heads up on each of them.

Lee Sungmin - he was a gorgeous blonde and owned a flower shop.sungmin was the kind of best friend you just knew would turn up miraculously to save your . And he had these weird moments, when his periwinkle eyes went blank and he stared into space. Spooky psychic blonde.he read our minds! Sungmin was incredibly close to his father, a private detective, and visited  (our hometown) often, just to see him.

Henry lau - shy, handsome and graceful . Another great friend to have, very loyal but very unlucky in love. He had worse luck than I did! he was a temp, doing odd jobs all the time. His latest one was a substitute teacher at an elemetary school.

Hid father had been a strict man. He was a multi-billionaire, and never had time for the family...except for his younger sister. He became eerily withdrawn because of HIS upbringing. He'd left his home the year he turned 19 and got a job. He still kept in touch with his little sister and sometimes spoke of her cousin who was the current head of the Hyuuga businesses - neither had been seen by us. Ever.

Uh...Lee donghae? - a pretty tomboy. Those words best described him. he was single, just like the rest of us, the only difference was that he was happy about it. he loved weaponry and martial arts, so he was an archery and fencing trainer.
Despite being an orphan, he had been sent to school, so he wasn't illiterate. He is an adorable brother-figure to us all, a little...eccentric and very sweet.

Kim Ryeowook - ME! I'm very similar to Sungmin in every way. I used to be very violent, as I've told you, but now that I've toned down, I feel like a wimp. I've changed a lot, but I can still feel the anger lying dormant within me. Something BIG has to happen for that to be unleashed, and till then, I must suffer the weakness that comes with being a subservient machine. Right after I graduated from medical college, my Mum became sick. My Father retired to look after her, and we were left with the minimum of Dad's pension. So, before I could start my internship, I was hard-pressed for a quick job. Which landed me in here.

Anyway - the weirdest thing was, ALL FOUR OF US WERE FROM THE SAME VILLAGE! And we were friends here, in Tokyo too! How cool, right?

Realizing I'd zoned away from what my three friends were yakking about, I shook my head to clear my thoughts and focused on the hand that was waving in front of my face.

"Huh, what? I didn't catch that, donghae." I murmured. he rolled his eyes and repeated himself.

"Whatever. Sungmin said you got a major promotion and are now, um...is that true?" Donghae asked, tentatively. I grinned and nodded vigorously.

"Donghae? Ask him what you really want to...go on!" Sungmin prodded, a wicked smile on his face. Donghae turned away in a huff.

"What, what?" I looked around, they were hiding something. "Tell me!"

"Ano...wookie...is it true that your new boss is, I mean you're the PA of..." Henry took a deep breath and asked nervously, "Cho kyuhyun?"

I smirked. What was the big deal? Wait...how did they know his name?

"Yeeah...what's the big deal and how do you know his name?" I asked slowly, eyeing them all suspiciously.

"Eeek!" Sungmin shrieked, bouncing out of his chair.

 "You are SO lucky,I thought you were ting me earlier, but...omigosh!"

"I hate that conceited prick, but he isn't unfortunate looking." Donghae admitted. Henry rolled his eyes, saying nothing.

"How do you guys know him?" 
I wanted to know. "Is he famous or-"

"FAMOUS? You work at the infamous Cho Corp. and you ask if billionarie-hottie, Cho kyuhyun is famous?"

"..."

He disappeared and came back with newspaper clippings. He set them on the coffee table before me with a flourish.

"The minute you told me his name with no squeal, I knew you'd need the help of these." He explained.

I gave a "wtf" look, but rifted through the small pictures. They all had my boss with a different girl on his arm, at all these fancy functions. They were all famous and drop-dead gorgeous.

"CHO KYUHYUN - multi-billionaire, owner of Cho Corporation, aged 28. Unmarried, gorgeous, reputedly coldhearted, ruthless businessman. True-blue playboy-bachelor. He played with every girl or boy tried to be his girlfriend or boyfriend" Sungmin ticked off on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter