Chapter three

Just my boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There! All finished! Strange how the work becomes easier as the job itself gets tougher?

I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes. Today had been so stress-free. I loved my job suddenly. Short hours, high pay, easy work. For a multi-national corporation, they sure seemed to have barely any work. Or were the lower downs shouldering it all?

Whatever! Today is Friday so...I can meet my friends tonight! Let's see if there is something today.

I quickly checked my calendar, noting that it had been exactly 1 month since I'd started work. Aw, I'm so proud of me!

Oh yeah, it's sungmin's birthday tomorrow! , I haven't bought him a present yet! I began panicking. Sungmin hated having no presents. He didn't care about his passing youth, preferring to be awarded (with a gift)...for still being alive. If you didn't bring him something and fibbed, he'd read your mind and call you on it. Then you'd be embarassed. So it was a no-win situation. I had to speak to someone.

"donghae?" I asked, holding my cellphone to my ear, hoping he wasn't busy. "It's sungmin's birthday tomorrow! All the shops will be crowded since it's the weekend! Help me!"

"Uh huh, you know you're ed, why're you whining to me?" he asked, cruelly.

"Fishy!" I wailed. "You're so partial to Henry, always nice to him! So why're you such a mean to Sungmin and meeee?"

"Aw, shut up!" he snapped. "I'll meet you at the mall. What time?"

"Thanks!" I squealed, hoping to annoy him with my voice. "I get off work at around 6, so I'll meet you then?"

"Sure. I'll tell henry...we need to shop too." I heard the laughter in his voice. "See ya!"

"Oh. Later!" I snapped the phone shut and stretched my arms happily. "I will survive, I will surviiive!" I sang happily.

"Shut up, Ryeowook."

I whirled around and matched the scowl on the intruder's face with one on my own.

"Don't be so rude!" I scolded, walking over to him and taking his coat off. "You could have just gone: Be quiet!"

"Don't tell me what to do." he said coldly. I rolled my eyes.

"Tell me that next time, before I do just that."

He 'humd' and stomped into his office, slamming the door behind him.

Yes, I was rude and bossy TO my boss. But he didn't seem to mind it much and I found it nice that we had a healthy relationship. STRICTLY WORK RELATIONSHIP ONLY!

He was pretty cute but...okay, so he was mega-hot, but that didn't mean that I automatically fell in love with him! Yes, my pulse seemed to race dangerously fast everytime his hands grazed mine when I gave him coffee, tea or folders. His proximity seemed to set off strange signals that alerted me when he came near.

But all that was simply because I was lonely and he was hot! That's all. I wondered why I wasted so much brain power on that jerk and quickly rushed into his office.

"Mr Cho," I had never used his first name, ever. Except while arguing with my inner self. "I've completed all the work and was wondering if I could leave now, if there's no more work, that is."

He looked at me blankly and nodded after the longest time. I smiled gratefully.

"Thanks!" I squealed, forgetting that this attitude and those words were reserved. "I mean, uh...thank you, sir. I'll be leaving now!"

My face burning, I bowed quickly, turned around and scurried off, bowed again - mistakenly facing the door. Straightening, I faced him and muttered an apology, and bowed again. I finally made it out the door.

The expression on his face when I'd said, "Thanks," was hilarious. He looked annoyed and confused at the same time. The second time I faced him, his face resembled the tomatoes he loved so much. His eyes were slightly wider and his lips were parted as though emitting a silent gasp. He was SUCH a weirdo. Oh well, time to SHOP!

He didn't have to bend over like that! Kyuhyun was trying to calm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter