Chapter five

Just my boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Ryeowook, could you bring me some coffee, please?" That voice came from the inner sanctum again.

"Okay Mr Cho!" I called back and grudgingly got to my feet. Today was not the best of days for me, and he'd been making me brew the coffee for him ever since I offered to the other day. Usually a coffee-girl on the top floor would bring him his rich-people mix.

Dragging myself around the tiny kitchen, I managed to make a potful, and went to give him his damned cream coffee.

"Here you- WHOA!" Unfortunately, the person "whoa-ing" was me. Catching my foot on the edge of the rug, I fell on my boss. To make matters worse, he was drenched in coffee.

But...he was holding me so close! Almost hugging me!

And he was soaked in coffee.

He smelt and felt so good...

He was probably burning up!

"I am so sorry, Mr Cho!" I leaned away from his body, but his hands still loosely clasped my hips. "I-I'm so clumsy, I-"

"Are you okay?" He interrupted, staring into my eyes. My throat went dry. "You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

Dumbly, I shook my head, unable to look away. I never knew just how brown kyuhyun's eyes were. They glittered like brightly polished onyx stones. There was a tension between us, so strong I could barely breathe.

"I-I'm so-" My mind wouldn't allow me to formulate words. All I wanted to do was kiss the man holding me in his arms at that moment. The moment the thought entered my mind, I banished it. Sure my body burned where he touched and I was all...squiggly in the tummy and my insides felt strange, but that was NORMAL when a gorgeous man was holding you like kyuhyun was holding me right then.

"Thank you for catching me," I finally said and his arms loosened their grip and slid into his pockets. "I'm so bloody stupid, forgive me. I'm not feeling so good today." I laughed, hoping to dispell the tense atmosphere still surrounding us. I breathed heavily and managed a fake smile.

"Yes," was all he said and then the spell was really broken. The smile disappeared too.

"Huh?" I was so confused as to the meaning of his blunt little yes. "Um, I'll get you a towel, and-"

"I have a change of clothes here. Just get me some more coffee I guess." he began ing his shirt on his way to the private bathroom in the room as I closed the door.

Making a second pot with trembling hands was tough, but somehow, I managed it just fine. I kept feeling dizzy, the onslaught of his proximity was so strong. I knocked and entered the room I'd just left and the blood rushed to my face. I didn't know if it was the wrong time or right. How would you classify catching your boss in the act of zipping up his pants, topless?

"Ah, Ryeowook, sit down would you?" he spoke calmly even though I'd just caught him in a state of undress. "I've got to talk to you about your raise."

"A raise? What for?" It was hard to keep the excitement out of my voice. For two reasons

"Well, you work well. Mostly quiet, not that annoying and you do all your work very well. Besides, I heard that you're hard-pressed for cash, so I decided to give you a raise." My smile disappeared. My fists clenched in anger. He had that insolent look about him, which further added fuel to the fire.

"Excuse me?" I was furious. "I do not need this money. I do no need your pity. And I most certainly do not need you butting into my life and eavesdropping on private conversations, Mr Cho." I was out of line for speaking so rudely to my boss, but I couldn't help it. He was out of line too. "I'd like to go home now. Please keep your money and your nose out of my life, I'd appreciate it very much."

The tears welled up in my eyes and before I could make my escape, some dropped from my lids and he saw them. He must not like someone crying, because his lips and fists tightened and he made a move towards me. I couldn't face him anymore, I had to go. My lungs were closing up and I needed to GET OUT. So I turned and ran. Skipping the elevator, I ran down the stairs avoiding the stares I got from the janitors and other handymen and I ran with all I had out into the rain. I was soaked, but I didn't care. My house was six blocks from work. Cabs were a luxury and an unneccessary commodity at such a time.

I ran the six blocks home in the pouring rain and when I got home I stripped and quickly threw all my clothes in the wash. It was not until I was halfway through my shower that my sobs finally broke through.

Kyuhyun was furious with himself. He knew he shouldn't have told ryeowook about overhearing his conversation with Changmin. The moment he'd mentioned it, Ryeowook mood had changed completely. A myriad of emotions ran across his face but the most blatant one was the hurt. Ryeowook tears were the worst part. He's never have thought ryeowook was the type to cry so easily, but he supposed that ryeowook had his reasons. Whatever they were, he hated them because the sight of Ryeowook's tears made his chest ache.

kyuhyun slammed his fist into the large oak table and cursed. He shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter