Chapter eight

Just my boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks so much, leetuek! I loved the samples you sent over!" I laughed over the phone and scribbled some notes down while I spoke.
"So thanks and you're definitely hired! As if I'd refuse you,leetuek." I teased. "See you tomorrow, then? 'Kay, bye!" I cracked my neck muscles, and stretched my arms out, sighing.

"Who was that?" Kyuhyun suddenly appeared behind me. "You'd better not be entertaining private calls, kim Ryeo-"

"No, it was the caterer. He just happened to be an old friend and he's the chef we've hired for the ball." I replied curtly, not turning around.

"Cancel it. Change the chef." He ordered. "Get someone more...professional."

"No! MR.CHO, leetuek is very professional!" I whipped around, outraged. "What gives you the right to judge him? You've not even met him!"

He said nothing, just raised an eyebrow and gave me a look that said, 'Do it'.

"Alirght, you're the boss!" I said huffily. "Don't blame me if the food . Poor leetuek, lost such a good opportunity..." I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing..." I flipped through the pages again and located his phone number and began dialing- no, pounding-the numbers. Behind me, I heard kyuhyun shuffle back to his office, but didn't hear the satisfying click or slam I was waiting for.

"Hello? Oh leetuek, I'm so sorry! MR.CHO told me to find some other caterer!" I wailed. "He's such a jerk, I'm sure this was a pretty big-"

"Don't worry, wookie." he laughed. "It's not a big deal, I cater for bigger companies. Like, Byakugan Inc, Lee's (you remember him, right?) company."

"...So you're okay? No biggie?" I asked tentatively. "I'm glad! Whew!"

"Haha! Don't worry about it...hey, I wanted to ask you if you're still in touch with sungmin. I haven't seen him since last winter..." his sad voice came over the phone.

"Of course I am! Like I'd let that Pig get away from me!" We laughed.

"Um, wookie, maybe we can meet up sometime? I miss him, even though he was pretty annoying, hehe...it's been too long since we spoke."

"Sure, leetuek! Let's see...how about tomorrow, around 2:00? I have my lunch break then, so we'll go surprise him."

"Great, you've got my number so call me anytime. Thanks, bye!"

"Yeah, I'll call you if anything comes up! But we're definitely meeting soon! Bye!"

I was still smiling when kyuhyun turned up a second time.

"Ryeowook, I spoke to some people and they said leetuek is pretty good. Hire him again, and if he refuses, offer him 10,000 yen more. So you can cancel the date tomorrow." he said, poker-faced.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not calling him again, it'll be embarassing. You can do it. Besides, leetuek's not a loser who gives in to the traps of money." I was pissed. "Also, who are you to tell me who I can and cannot meet with on MY OWN TIME?"

"Call him. It's your job." he said quietly, slight pink tinging his cheeks. "I thought you were meeting to apologize again, so I said that."

"Well, I'm not. Meeting him to apologize, that is." I quickly said when he frowned and took a step forward. "I'll call him, but he'll probably refuse." I gulped.

"If his firm isn't catering our ball, you're in trouble." With that parting line, he disappeared into the inner sanctum once again, leaving me staring after him open-mouthed.

"I can't believe I fell for that jerk." I muttered, redialing leetuek's number for the third time. "He's so arrogant and rude and conceited, not to mention a player!"

"Wookie?" leetuek said as soon as he picked up the phone. "What is it now?"

"MR.CHO wants to hire you again. He heard good reviews." I said tonelessly. "Sorry for causing you so many problems."

"Oh now he wants me?" he laughed heartily. "I'm not exactly fond of him now, but seems like you've been forced into this. So I'll do it, but only because it'll be a hassle for you otherwise."

"REALLY? Oh thank you so much!" I jumped up. "Seriously, when we meet up, I'm treating! You're the best!"

I was a bit surprised, but leetuek had always been the most perceptive and sensitive guy I knew. When our conversation was over, I went into the main office where HE sat and smugly informed him that Chef leetuek was hired and I didn't even need to offer the extra 10,000 yen bribe. Of course the raven haired bastard bust my bubble by just nodding and saying, "Good job."

As if I needed his approval! Sure, it felt a bit good and made me blush when he looked at me with those eyes...BUT he was so arrogant! I bet I didn't even love him, it must be all lust.

 

《DONGHAE HOUSE》


"Will you quit fidgeting? You're making me nervous!" Donghae complained. "Whenever you fidget, something goes wrong. So calm your down and have some fries!"

"UGH! FINE!" I yelled and shoved a handful in my mouth. "I just wanted to make sure it wasn't creased or-"

"How can a clothes you just bought, got professionally ironed and sealed up in a airtight plastic GET CREASED?"

Donghae was horrible to be around when something didn't go his way. he complained and snapped at every little thing, even if you weren't bothering him. he was nervous about the ball, and even though he denied it, I knew he wanted to jump Henry's cousin(changmin). depravation made you cranky, I've heard.

"I dunno...it could happen...how do I know?" I mumbled, sounding like a child who was scolded. "Look, I heard in the secretarial pool that whenever we have parties or balls or whatever, even the employees in charge of organizing the event are allowed to mingle, and...well, I want to find a better guy than him."

"Yeah, good luck!" he scoffed. "The only guy better than kyuhyun is my changmin, and you're not getting him."

"You never know where-" I halted suddenly and whirled around to face the brunette. "MY changmin? YOU DO LIKE HIM!"

"I DO NOT!" he screamed, and I winced. "I JUST LIKE HIM!"

I laughed and jumped on him, hugging tightly. "Yeah, just like I said! Aww, when did you start liking him? I'm so excited for you!"

"Shut up," my so-called friend shoved me off the couch. "It's not gonna happen. I'm just helping him out, he needs a break from all those forced dates his family makes him attend."

Saying so, donghae promptly burst into tears. My strong, boyish friend who never cried, was crying over a man. 

"OH SWEETIE!" I scrambled back onto the ratty couch and hugged him again. "I know exactly how you feel! How's this,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter