Sudden Confession

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

Characters: Choi Chanhee (New), Jun Hana (o/c) and special appearance by Younghoon.
Brief descriptions: Jun Hana was curious about the mysterious letter that has been put by her secret admire almost everyday on her table.

.


 

“Again?” Hana whined when she saw a letter on her desk.

She took the letter and stared at it for few seconds before said something to her best friend, “Chanhee, who do you think put this letter on my table?”

“Maybe your secret admire.” Chanhee shrugged while raising his thick eyebrows.

“Of course it’s my `secret admire`. Everyone knows that, I need to know who is it.” Hana deliberately marked the words `who` so that Chanhee could understand her actual question.

Chanhee shook his head. Then, he went and took a sit at his place. He took out his note book under his desk and started to write something. At some times, he would snatch a glare to Hana who was sitting not too far from her.

Chanhee and Hana has been friend for a long time; since they’re in middle school. The way of their getting closer was so natural that everyone would call them as a couple most of the times.

Chanhee didn’t mind about being called a couple with Hana as he has a crush on her since the first he met her. But of course, he didn’t dare to tell Hana that he likes her because he was afraid that it might affect their close relationship and even getting friend zoned by Hana. Obviously, he would hate that the most.

While Hana on the other side, she will always deny the rumors that saying they’re a couple. She kept saying that they’re just a friend and close friend. There’s nothing more than that. Plus, she would always mentioned that she has someone else in her heart as a crush. That’s what made Chanhee pretty sure that he’ll get rejected by Hana if he ever confess his feelings to her.

Hana opened the letter and started to read it. She helplessly smiled throughout the letter. She never thought that her `secret admire` could be this sweet. To be honest, the crush she has been talking about to everyone is him. It has been always him, her secret admire.

Even if she never knows who is him but she pretty sure that the guy really likes her at some point that he didn’t dare to tell her about his feelings. But well, she still likes him. Yes, she secretly hopes that her secret admire is him. It’s him.
 

🌸🌸🌸


“Chanhee, what should we do next?” Hana asked when they decided to take a walk after school ends.

This is what couple usually do, hanging out after school with the uniform on as if they’re the sweetest couple ever but who cares? It’s Chanhee and Hana. They used to it, even they’re not a couple.

“I don’t know. Hunt for food?” Chanhee suggested.

“But I’m on diet right now.” She whined and stomped her legs onto the grounds for few times.

“Why would you even diet, Jun Hana?” He pinched both of her chubby cheeks. “You’re beautiful just the way you are.” Then, he ruffled the girl’s hair and passed a sweetest smile he could ever give someone.

“Well, not really feel good about it since you’re the one who say it.” Hana rolled her eyes.

“Why?” Chanhee pouted. He frowned and yes, he looks very cute in that expression especially with his thick brown eyebrows.

“Obviously, you’re lying.” Hana giggled when she saw his expression. “Okay, stop doing that face. It’s too cute.”

“I know, I’m cute.” He smiled then.

“Whatever, Choi Chanhee.” Suddenly, she felt like a waste saying that the guy who was standing in front of her is cute. “So what are we going to do now? We’re not going to stand here for the whole day, okay?”

“Why not?” He giggled. “Let’s go and eat my favourite Bingsu.”

“Great idea.” She smiled as she imagined how delicious it could be.

“Don’t you say that you want to diet?” Chanhee .

“Whatever, let’s go.” She linked her arms around Chanhee's and started to walk.

Jun Hana, why would you do something that makes me fall for you even harder?


🌸🌸🌸


'I like you so much, everything about you.'



“Wow, this is my favourite song.” Hana said when she heard I Love You So by Golden Child as soon as she entered the café.

“Since when do you like Golden Child? Weren’t you obsessed with The Boyz?” Chanhee asked sarcastically.

“I just love the song, okay? My heart still with the 12 angelic boys.” Hana explained to Chanhee.

Its funny how Chanhee knows all about her including how obsessed she is with the k-idols and the fact he would always follow her to go to any fan meeting or fan signing event involving The Boyz. And even The Boyz already knows him as he always come to their event as it’s so rare to see a guy there.

“Don’t they have another fansign event today?” Chanhee asked as he remembered that Hana told her before about this.

“Yes, but it’s in Busan. I don’t think we could go.” She pouted and let out a heavy sigh. She really wants to meet them over and over again, but since today they will held a fan signing event at Busan and that’s literally miles away from Seoul, she should have just give up on that.

“Aw, poor my cutie girl.” He ruffled the girl’s hair as a way to show his sympathy.

“I know right?” As soon as she said that the Bingsu they have been waiting the most arrived at their table.

Both of their eyes fall onto the delicious Mango Bingsu that was out right in front of them.

“Should we eat it?” Chanhee said as he grabbed the spoon near his hand.

Hana nodded her head and they started eating it.

In the mean time of eating it, Chanhee has been looking so nervous as he was hesitating about telling the girl the truth or not. He has been thinking about it for a long time but still didn’t get any answer for it. He could find the courage to tell her about his true feelings about her but no.

“Hana, I have something to tell you.” Finally, he let out the most nerve-wrecking words he could ever say in his entire life.

“What is it?” Hana raised her eyebrows when suddenly, her phone was ringing noticed that a call is coming on. She put her right hand up as a sign that asking for him to wait so that she could answer the call first.

“Hello?” She answered the call. “Oh, Younghoon. What do you want?”

Chanhee’s face turned to a bitter expression when he heard the name ‘Younghoon’. Everyone in the school knows that Younghoon has the biggest crush on Hana that he would buy her a chocolate every single day. Plus, Hana didn’t seem uncomfortable with it as if she likes him too. But one thing he knows, she never told him about who is her crush and she never mentioned Younghoon’s name every time they have a talk.

“Oh, okay sure. I’ll drop by at your house later.” She said and ended the call.

“Sorry, Younghoon call me and he asked for my History note book. You have done with it right?” Hana asked Chanhee because as far as she knows, Chanhee was the last person who has her History note book.

Chanhee just simply nodded his head. “But it’s not with me.”

“Then we should just go to your house before going to Younghoon’s house since your house is not too far from his.” Hana said while took a sip of sky juice she ordered along with the Bingsu. “By the way, what are you going to tell me just now?”

“Uh, nothing.” Chanhee shook his head. He lost his will to confess his feelings to her when he heard ‘Younghoon’.

“Okay then, should we go now?” Hana grabbed her bag pack and put it on her shoulders.

“Now? Right now?” Chanhee’s eyes widen and he passed a glare to Hana.

“Why?” Hana asked when she saw Chanhee’s scary face.

“Why are you so excited about meeting him? Do you like him?” Chanhee kept asking.

“What? No. The faster we go, the faster we could get done with it right? Then I could hang out at your house or something. I miss your mother’s cooking though.” Hana disbelief with what Chanhee has been thinking about her all this time. Obviously, she wouldn’t like Younghoon.

“Okay. Okay.” Chanhee gave up and followed her steps anyway.

Both of them walking with each other by their side and stayed silent. Even if it’s not their usual self as they will always joking around and laughing every time they’re together, but there’s also the time when they will suddenly become serious as that no one even dare to get close with them.

Especially if it’s Hana. Hana is so ing emo when the time comes, she would even scold everyone around her include Chanhee. So Chanhee will usually stay away from her and hang out with her guy friends (at least he has other friends and didn’t stuck with Hana only).

 

🌸🌸🌸


“You know where I put my stuff right?” Chanhee said as soon as they reached his home.

“Yeah, why?” Hana nodded.

“Just take your book there, I’m going to toilet.” He left Hana behind and running towards the toilet that was located in the kitchen.

Hana then started walking upstairs while looking around the house. There’s no one here when his mum usually will be at home around this time. And not even his sister. Well, his sister probably has class now as it’s too early for her to come home.

Hana is closed with all Chanhee’s family members so does Chanhee. So they don’t really feel awkward if they’re ever needed to sleep over at each other’s house if something happened. Like, black out or something like that.

Hana twisted the knob of Chanhee’s bedroom and entered it. As usual, his room will looks super clean as if he cleaned it every single day; but no. His mum is the one who cleans it. If his mum never cleans his room, there might be a room for mice somewhere here.

There’s one time when she’s in hurry and need to take her stuff from Chanhee’s room while Chanhee is not at home. So his mum would just let her enter the room without knowing that Chanhee’s room is messy as . Hana who was always see the clean side of his room, obviously will freak out when she saw the room is full with clothes everywhere plus, there’s book on the floor. There’s nothing she could do other than sigh.

But however, and the weird thing was she helped him clean his room. Okay, maybe it’s because she couldn’t stand mess and the urge to clean it up; so she just ends up clean his room.

Hana went towards his study table to take her notebook when she saw something familiar on it. "Wait, wasn't this?"

Hana took the envelope and opened it with a hope that the imagination she had in her mind right now wasn't the truth. It was almost beyond her imagination that her secret admire has always been by her side.

"Hana did you find your b---" Chanhee entered the room before he saw what was in Hana's hand at that moment.

"Hana how did you---" She ran and hugged him before he could say anything.

"Wait, Hana. Why are you even?" Chanhee startled by her action that he froze himself for few moments.

"Why you never tell me about this?" Hana asked while hugging the boy.

"I was afraid that you might reject me." He awkwardly answered it. "Plus, you have someone that you like, so I feel like it's unnecessary for me to confess my feelings to you."

"Do you even know who I like?" Chanhee shook his head.

The girl broke the hug and pointed out her fingers to the boy. She smiled shyly as she did that while Chanhee looked ing clueless with her action. What the he expects from the girl though? Only then he realized that Hana was trying to tell him it's him. The guy she likes.

Then, Chanhee pointed one of his finger to himself and frowned as it was almost impossible for the girl to actually has a crush on him. Look, along all this time, he thought that he's the only one who has been admiring the girl like crazy.

Hana just simply nodded her head and awkwardly formed a smile as she looked at him.

"Really?" Chanhee asked for a confirmation.

"It has always been you, Choi Chanhee. Actually," She paused, Chanhee looked nervous as he's waiting for the next words. "I know that you're the one who sent me those letters as I saw you put it on my table when no one is around. But I wasn't sure if  it's from you or you're just helping someone else, and it was a total lie if I said I never secretly hoping that it's you who gave me those letters as I have been liking you since the first time we met. And it's kind of that we need to stay as a friend as we start our relationship with it." She stopped to look at Chanhee's reaction. Chanhee looked like as if he couldn't wait for the next words to come out from as she's the only one who needs to do the confession. Wait, why did she even confess to him? It's him who should do it, .

"To be honest, I know that you like me and I always thought about waiting for you to say it first instead of me but you never even try to tell me about it. I was about to give up, to maintain our close relationship. Now when I already know everything about it. I hope you will be more honest to me and won't hide your feelings any longer."

"Wait, what should I do, if you have say everything? Oh God, this isn't unfair." Chanhee whined as there's nothing left for him to say as Hana already said everything.

"Your mistake. You should have being honest to me from the start." Hana winked at him.

"How can I when I deadly thought that you like Younghoon?"

"Oh my God, Choi Chanhee! Do you really think I would like that psycho boy? Even his smiles are ing creepy that I feel like throwing him into the dungeon." She rolled her eyes.

"But you eat everything he gives you." Chanhee muttered.

"For God sake, that's mean nothing. You know how much I love chocolate right? Why would I refuse a chocolate just because it's him who gave it?" She didn't know Chanhee was pretending like he knows nothing or just plainly stupid. She felt frustrated.

"But---"

"Okay stop it. Let's go to Younghoon's house and pass my note book to him." She grabbed Chanhee's hand and dragged him out of the room as she felt there's no end for this conversation.

On their way out, they bumped into Chanhee's mum who was just back from buying some groceries.

"Hana?" Chanhee's mum greeted her as she saw Hana.

"Oh yes, mum." It's normal for Hana to call his mother as 'mum'. She even called Chanhee's father as 'dad'.

"Mum, I have something to tell you. Hana tells me that she likes---" Hana quickly shuts his mouth and passed a smile to his mum before excused herself.

When they're at the door, Hana needed to let his mouth opened as she needs to wear her shoes and that's when Chanhee shouted to his mum who was standing in the stairs while looking at them.

"Mum, mark you calendar. It's our day-1!!!" He shouted out loud which made the girl went choke over it.

"Choi Chanhee!!!!" She called his name. "Why would you tell mum about that?" She whined and stomped her legs onto the grounds. There's a red blush on her cheeks now.

"Aw, you look so cute with those blushes." Chanhee even more.

"Stop it Chanhee, it could be the last day if you keep teasing her." His mum giggled as she was really pleased to see their cute interaction. She's really glad that they're together now as she knows how much her son loves Hana that he would bring her into his dream sometimes.

"I'm sorry mum, but it really seems like it's going to be the last day. Your son is so annoying! But still mum, I love you!" She ran out of the house as soon as she said that.

Chanhee went speechless that he would look at his mum and the door repeatedly when his mum finally tell him to go and chase Hana, "Are you really going to make it your last day, son?"

Then, he ran out and followed Hana. When he could reach her, he automatically put his hand around her shoulders like he always did, "Are you going to his house without me?"

Hana startled by the Chanhee's appearance that she shouted when she felt someone touched her.

"Choi Chanhee!" She pouted.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry sweetheart."

"What the--- Who's your sweetheart, Chanhee? Wait, why are you so cheesy?" She cringed.

"Aw, Jun Hana, I think from now on, you really need to see all my cheesy side," He planted a kiss on her cheeks before leaving her behind.

"Choi Chanhee, what the---" She felt shocked as she touched her cheeks.

At that instant where everything was so tangled up and confusing, her mind became clear... about who her heart belonged to.

 

[2948 words]