Sweet Encounter

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Heo Hyunjoon (Hwall), Choi Jisoo (o/c) and special appearance by Ju Haknyeon.
Brief descriptions: Jisoo and Hyunjoon decided to spend their weekends at amusement park but Jisoo bumped into her old best-friend, Ju Haknyeon.

 


 

Jisoo and Hyunjoon has decided to spend their weekends at their favourite place which is amusement park. That's probably the most often place they go as they enjoyed something adventurous and thrilling. Maybe that's why they could be so close to each other; even at the start their terms weren't really good. They usually take a bus to go there but since they wanted to try something else today, they decided to take their self-balancing scooter out and ride it. It might look childish to anyone who will see them on street, but who cares? All they need to do were enjoy theirself. That's good enough for them.

Hyunjoon was on his way to Jisoo's house that's only 10 houses far from his. He was wearing a black-white striped shirts with a blue jeans as he loves casual look. He also wear the black sneakers that he bought last week with Jisoo. He has a smile pasted on his face, thinking about how he will spend his day with Choi Jisoo.

To be honest, it was beyond his expectation that he could get close with the girl. The girl once hates him the most as he always everytime he got the chance. He did it sometimes now but not too frequent. Even if he did, the girl could take it as a joke by now, not like before that she would kick or hit him everytime she's being teased. But yeah, it's a good memory for him. He would laugh everytime he reminisced the memory back. He didn't know why but he felt so comfortable whenever the girl is around. Plus spending his weekends with her probably the best decision he ever made.

Is he even likes the girl? No. He's not going to have any feelings towards her as he didn't want to ruin their friendship. Wasn't it normal for boy and girl to get close but have nothing between them? He watched a lot of drama though. Every man who has feelings towards his girl best friend will always end up being rejected by them as she has someone else that she likes. It was probably the most typical storyline in Korea. He sighed.

But he couldn't understand it, why would you have a crush on your own bestfriend? Can't you just stay as a friend like you always do? Being a friend is better than nothing though. If you ever confess, that would make things awkward and end up being in a friendzoned side. Wow, he even knows what is friendzoned means. Incredible. He has time on that.

While he was in his own world, he realized that he's actually missed Jisoo's house. He's almost reached the main road. He shook his head. "What the am I thinking about?" He hit his own head and turned around. He focused on the road to make sure that he won't missed her house anymore.

When he finally reached her house, he could see that Jisoo already there in front of her house. Wait, did she saw me passing her house just now? He wondered as it didn't look like she just came out as she already do her habit of waiting someone which is kicking the small stone nearby. There's one time when she's too tired waiting for Hyunjoon that the small stone she kicked hit Hyunjoon's head. Luckily, it's just a small stone or else.

"Choi Jisoo!" Hyunjoon waved his left hand to the girl while riding his scooter. The girl looked at him but there's no smile on her face. She seems mad... Hyunjoon passed an awkward smile as if he understands the situation. "You saw me, huh?" He scratched his head as he said that.

The girl simply nodded her head in an annoying way. How the he could miss her house? Plus, she was already there in front of her house? What the hell he has been thinking about? Maybe, a girl? She forcefully pushed away the thought she had about Hyunjoon. Why would he thinks about other girl when she's already in front of him? But wait, does he ever likes me? She giggled at her own ridiculous thought. Why would she thinks that Hyunjoon likes her? Obviously the guy would say that they were only friends. She laughed at her own ridiculous mind.

"Why are you laughing?" Hyunjoon raised his eyebrows as he sensed something weird with the girl. He looked at himself to check either he had something on his shirt that make her laugh, he would even randomly touched his own face to look for something weird.

"There's nothing wrong with you." The girl said when she saw he's doing something... weird. "Let's go, or we'll be late." The girl then started to move her own self balancing scooter. It took time for her to actually balance herself on this thing as she's so bad at balancing things. And the fact she bought it, was because of Hyunjoon. She didn't want to feel left out everytime she saw Hyunjoon playing with the scooter. She just thought that she needs one for herself. She literally begged her parents for that.

Even if her parents could easily buy her stuff like that, but it was kind of hard to persuade them this time as the ride was actually dangerous at some point. But since she said that she's going to ask Hyunjoon to teach her how to ride it, her parents gave up and buy her one. Hyunjoon would accuse her being a copycat but she couldn't care less about that. As long as she could do anything that Hyunjoon do, she was more than happy. She's kinda creepy, huh?

Hyunjoon would teach her how to ride the scooter once a week as he was too busy with his personal life. He needs to study everytime he has the time for it as he is a football player at school. So, he would spend most of his times on field instead of study room. But that's not an excuse for Hyunjoon to skip his study. Surprisingly, he's in the top five in the school everytime they held an examination. So, many girls went crazy over him and admire him like crazy. But Jisoo was not one of them. She hates him for being so popular that most of her friends will talk about him every minutes, every hours, every single day in her life. She hates him for that.

Plus, Hyunjoon will always for being a nerd because she always has a book in her hand. Well, she is the top student in school, what did he expects actually? The reason why she could befriend with him? Um, not even going to talk about it, it's so embarassing to talk about.

"Jisoo, are you okay?" He said when he saw the girl is spacing out. Jisoo then shook her head for few times to make herself back into the real world. Then, she only realized that she has been so lost in her own mind. She looked at Hyunjoon who was looking at her and passed a slight smile to him, indicated that she's okay.

They were on the road for about 15 minutes after they finally arrived the amusement park. It's tiring but fun as they could look at the cherry blossoms tree along the road. Such a beautiful scenery. She thought. They decided to take a sit on the bench near the entrance before buying the tickets. Hyunjoon took out the bottle water he had in his bag and passed it to Jisoo.

Jisoo would continuously shaking her head as if she refused it but since Kogyeol insisted, she took it and drink it. She only realized that she almost drink all of the water in the bottle when Hyunjoon , "I thought you didn't want to drink." He giggled. He enjoyed teasing the girl more than anything.

Jisoo's eyes widen and automatically stopped herself from drinking the water. She raised the bottle up to look at the amount of the water left and yes, there's less than 20ml of water left in the bottle. Then, she passed the bottle to Hyunjoon with a pout on her face as if she hates the tease. Hyunjoon grabbed it and drink the water left used the same side where the girl drank.

"Hyun--- Hyunjoon" The girl stuttered as she saw what he did. Did we just have indirect kiss? She thought.Hyunjoon finished the water and throwed it into the trash bin besides him before turning his attention to the girl.

"What?" He asked. The girl just shook her head as she didn't really want to answer the question. Hyunjoon didn't even realize what he did. She sighed. "Let's go and buy the ticket." Hyunjoon said and stood up.

The girl just stared at him for few moments before she could finally stand up. What can I expect from him? He just thought I am just his another girl friend. She never thought a spacebar could make this huge difference. She followed him well from the back and when they reached the ticket counter, Hyunjoon would take out his wallet, as usual.

There's none of the moment where Jisoo could pay for something. She could say that she's richer than Hyunjoon but he tends to pay for everything. He spent a lot on her though. And she thought he shouldn't do that as she's just a friend to him. After paying for the tickets, they went to the entrance. Hyunjoon gave the tickets to the workers and he will tear the coupon and give the rest to him.

The guy then said hi to Jisoo. Maybe he found that Jisoo is kind of attractive or something. But it's true though. There's almost no one who wouldn't fall for her charms; except Hyunjoon of course. Jisoo just simply replied it with a smile.

"How can you smile to a random guy?" Hyunjoon asked as he saw what she did. But why he would even care about that? It's just a smile?

"Why can't I smile to other guy?" Jisoo tried to provoke him. She rolled her eyes. Jisoo then started to walk away from the boy and make her own way to a cotton candy vendor not far from her.

Hyunjoon just watched the girl walked away from him as he thought about her words, "It's right though, why would I even care about that?" He muttered. Hyunjoon then started to walk towards the girl so he could catch up with her.

Jisoo stopped at the vendor and looking at what she supposed to buy. This is totally the right chance where she can finally used her money, withoutHyunjoon by her side. "I want this." She showed at the pink coloured candy cotton that was wrapped nice in a wrapper. The seller then passed it to her. Before she could ever take out her purse in her bag, a hand came behind her with money in his hand. Jisoo innocently turned her head around and could see Hyunjoon was right behind her and there's only maybe 5 cm distances between two of them.

"You're not thinking that you're going to pay for it right?" Hyunjoon said and the girl could feel his breath. Jisoo turned her face around and take the cotton candy, started to walk away from the boy again.

No jokes. Her heart was racing like crazy at the moment. Why the hell Kogyeol do this to me? Doesn't he knows that I like him? Oh God, this is too much. I hate him. Seriously. She knows she didn't mean it. It was just that she's tired of having one-sided love. It . Really .

"Choi Jisoo, wait for me." Hyunjoon grabbed the girl's hand as soon as he could reach him but she snapped it. He startled. "Are you okay?" Hyunjoon concernedly asked when he saw the girl's pale face.

Obviously I am not, Kogyeol. It was all because of you. "I'm okay." She forced a smile. "Let's go there." She pointed out to the ghost house that was located 50 meters away from them. Hyunjoon looked at it and nodded his head. He didn't really care about what he does as long as he's with the girl.

Wait, it really sounds like he likes Choi Jisoo. "What? Hell no." He accidentally said it what has been on his mind.

"Hell no, what?" Jisoo frowned.

"Nothing." He said when he realized he just did a mistake. "Let's go."

Both of them were walking towards the ghost house when suddenly someone greeted Jisoo. "Choi Jisoo!!!" He smiled when he saw Jisoo.

While Jisoo tried to scan the guy who called for her name. Wait, wasn't that... "Ju Haknyeon!!!" She automatically smiled as soon as she noticed him. "What are you doing here?"

"Just having fun." He turned his attention towards Hyunjoon who was standing beside Jisoo. "Hi, Hyunjoon. Long time no see." He greeted him. "But wait, how can both of you even get close?"

Hyunjoon passed a slight smile to Haknyeon when he heard his question but his dimple still showed as if that's the most sincere smile he ever gives. Haknyeon is probably the closest guy that Jisoo ever had after him. When you ever see Haknyeon at school, there's Jisoo beside him. She would always follow Haknyeon around. Some people said that they're a couple before but nah. Jisoo told him that Wooshin is just her another bestfriend. A guy bestfriend.

"It's a long story." Jisoo answered. "You probably wouldn't want to know that." She giggled. It has been a long time since she met Haknyeon. Haknyeon transferred school as his dad's workplace changed. So, it's the first time she met Haknyeon after he transferred. She couldn't say anything about it other than, she's so happy.

She has been missing the boy so much. After he gone, that's when Hyunjoon started to . He would as a loner and a freak because she barely has any friends at the school. Well, it's true. She hates the tease because she couldn't deny the real fact that she could count her friends in the school using her hand.

"We should catch up later, I need to go now." He said and excused himself. Hyunjoon smiled as he looked at the boy who was walking away from them. Wait, why do I even smile? He quickly get rid of the smile he had on his face so that the girl wouldn't notice that he's smiling.

"He looks extra handsome today, I can't believe my eyes." She said when she was sure that Haknyeon already far from him. She's not lying. Haknyeon is really handsome. Probably the most handsome guy she ever knows.

Hyunjoon rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just go and follow him?" He said in a sarcastic way. Jisoo couldn't handle his words well and ended up laughing. "Is it even funny?" He gave a glare to Jisoo as he's ing deadly serious now with his words. She should have just follow Haknyeon if she likes him that much. Am I being jealous? Oh God, this is getting insane. I am not in my right mind. Please God, help me.

"You are so cute when you are jealous." She giggled. She really satisfied with the reason he gave her.

"I am not jealous okay?"

"Yes, you are."

"I am not."

"Haknyeon is my crush before." Hyunjoon stunned. He didn't try to react to the words. Did Jisoo just said that she likes Haknyeon? But wait, why would he even care?

"So?"

"Woah, you really sounds like you're jealous."

"I am not, Choi Jisoo. Why would I jealous over that petty things?"

"I'm sure, you do have your reason."

Hyunjoon rolled his eyes, walking away from the girl. He looked around the park and he could see that the ferris wheel is currently empty right now, and obviously he didn't need to line up for the ride.

Why can't you just say that you like me, Kogyeol?

Jisoo who saw Hyunjoon was walking towards the ferris wheel, kept giving a thought about should she follow him or not. Obviously, she has acrophobia--- But if she didn't follow Hyunjoon there, she will be left alone here so, nope. She hates being alone the most.

Hyunjoon got into the ferris wheel and took a sit. When the ride was about to move up, he could feel someone was there with him which made the ride swung a little bit. He could hear someone was panting as they were out of breath. He turned his face and could see Jisoo was grabbing onto her knees, tried to catch some air. "Jisoo, wait what are you doing here?"

"Oh, yes." She still panting but then took a sit; opposite sit with Hyunjoon, "You know that I hate being left alone the most." She explained.

"But Jisoo... Are you sure you're going to be okay here?" Hyunjoon pointed out to the outside and Jisoo slowly moved her head towards where he showed her to. Her eyes widen to the maximum size when she realized that she was up above from the ground.

She was shaking. She was afraid. She never thought, that because of Hyunjoon she will finally be on this curse ride. She felt stupid.

There's one time when she ride the ferris wheel alone, and the ride suddenly stopped when she was at the top of the ferris wheel. And she stucked there for at least for few hours till finally the ferris wheel worked again. Since that, she has vowed to herself that she will never ride the ferris wheel again. But here she is.

"Jisoo, are you okay?" Hyunjoon reached her left hand and damn, it's cold as . "Jisoo?"

The bead of tears started to come out from her both eyes. She didn't know why but she was really afraid at the moment. Hyunjoon startled when he saw the tears running down the girl's cheeks. Hyunjoon then took a sit beside the girl which made the capsule went unstable and moved a little bit. That's when the girl shouted and automatically put her arms around Hyunjoon's.

Hyunjoon felt awkward with it but still wrapped his arms around the girl's body and slowly caressed her hair to calm her down a little bit. "Shh, you'll be okay." He tried to soothe the girl.

Suddenly, he could feel something was different about himself. His heartbeat. He can feels his heart pounding in his chest. It was unusual; at least for him. He froze, didn't dare to touch the girl anymore but the girl kept her face buried in his chest. Kogyeol slowly pushed the girl away and Jisoo startled by the action.

She wiped her tears and looked at the boy. There's an obvious nervous expression on the boy's face. She slightly laughed. Hyunjoon shocked as he could hear a laugh came out from the girl's lips. Wasn't she afraid though?

"Why are you laughing?" Hyunjoon asked.

"Were you nervous that I suddenly hug you out of sudden?" She cheekily asked.

"What, no!" He denied it.

"It was so obvious, Hyunjoon." Jisoo sure about Kogyeol's feelings towards her. "You like me right?"

"Wait Jisoo, what--- what are you talking about?" At this point, he knows he couldn't deny it anymore. He really likes the girl who was staring right into his eyes now.

Yes, he always tried to say that he didn't like her, he just wanted to befriend with her but the fact was... He's afraid. He was afraid of the reality. He afraid that the girl might push him away if he ever talked about his feelings. He just could feel the girl would do that.

Everytime, he went out with the girl, that was probably the most beautiful moment in his life. He couldn't even deny that one thing. Everytime he saw her smile, he will helplessly smile along with her. Everytime he saw her laugh, he knows he did the right thing for making she laugh. He didn't know when and how, he started to like her, all he knows now, he already fall in love with her.

"I---." He stuttered. "I don't know."

"It's okay Hyunjoon. I have more than enough to see that you really like me. Along all this time, I thought I have a one-sided love with you and yes, it really . But after I put some thought into what you did to me... I think, I really make a good choice on choosing you. Why would you treat me if you didn't like me, right? Why would you hang out with me, if you don't have any feelings to me, right? I told myself those words every single day in hope that one day you will finally tell me that you love me. But I don't know, I feel so lost. I really want to ask you but I don't have any courage to do so."

"Jisoo---, I'm... I'm really sorry. I didn't know."

"No, you shouldn't know about that. Such an embarassing thing. I shouldn't tell you but yet I am." Again, she wiped the tears that almost coming out from her eyes but this time, the reason was different. She didn't expect that she could say all of that to him. She could finally let out everything.

"No, it's not. I don't know that along all this time, you have been liking me. I really thought we were just friend. And yes, it was me who should take all the blame. I was too afraid of my own feelings. Even if my heart insisted keep telling me that I love you, I like you, but I always find a way to deny it. I didn't dare to tell you because I'm afraid that it could ruin our friendship. I feel bad right now as you're the one who confess to me first."

"Well, it doesn't matter about who did it first right?" She winked and smiled. Finally, there's a smile on her face. Her phone beep out of sudden.

She unlocked her phone and read the message.

 

`So how was it?` - Haknyeon

 

"Why would Haknyeon text you and what's that message supposed to mean?" He confused when he saw the message. "Oh God, wait."

Jisoo startled. She didn't know that she accidentally showed the message to him.

"Don't tell me that---." Before he could say anything, Jisoo planted a kiss on his cheeks so that he won't say anything onwards.

"I'm sorry." She cheekily said.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

Bonus

 

"Do you think this will work?" Jisoo frowned.

"Trust me, it will." He passed a smile.

"But what if he didn't give me any response?" She worried over what she about to do.

"He will, Jisoo. Trust me. I know that he really likes you." Haknyeon tried to convince her.

"If he didn't, you need to become my boyfriend then." Jisoo cheekily said as a joke.

"Okay, I have always ready to be your boyfriend, Choi Jisoo." He winked.

"Ew, stop." Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"I wonder why you never have me in your heart." Haknyeon raised his left eyebrows.

"You did, Haknyeon. You did. But, you have someone else back then. I don't bother about telling you, that I like you." She finally said it.

"Well, you're wrong. When I said I have someone else, it has always been you, Choi Jisoo."

 

[3921 words]