Don't Do That

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Haknyeon, Jung Minyoung (o/c) and special appearance by Choi Chanhee (New)
Brief descriptions: Haknyeon broke up with Minyoung but till this moment he couldn't let her go yet. Not yet.

 


 

“I’m sorry.” Haknyeon said with a couple of tears started to come out from his brown eyes.

“You have promised me that you will never say sorry again and here you are.” The girl said without any expression on her face. It’s almost impossible to know that she’s happy or sad with the break up.

“I’m--- Sigh, take care of yourself.” He walked away from the girl as soon as he said that.

As much as he wanted to hold onto the girl, he really needs to let her go for her own sake. As much as he wanted her by his side, he really needs to let her go for her own sake.

He didn’t dare to see his mum hurted this girl again and again, looks like there’s no ending for it even if the girl said she’s fine with everything.

Maybe she is fine, but his heart says no. His heart kept telling him to stop. Stop from loving her. Stop from caring about her. Stop doing anything for her and leave her.

The past few months he has been spending with the girl brought a total new world to him. He did everything he didn't want to do, only when he was with her, Jung Minyoung.

He didn’t know how special the girl was to him until one day, his mum asked him to leave the girl with an excuse that didn’t make any sense to him.

“She has nothing, Haknyeon. She just wants your money.” His mum said in a high note tone.

“She is not like what you’ve been thinking about. She’s a nice girl.” Haknyeon tried to explain even if he knows it’s pretty useless to explain this kind of thing to someone who only focused on status.

“Leave her or I’ll go and meet her.” His mum gave a warn to him

“But mum---” His mum cut his words.

“There’s no but. Leave her or she’ll suffer.” His mum said leaving him in confusion.

And that’s how he gave up on his relationship with the girl. He shouldn’t do that but yet… He just thought the need of leaving the girl behind so that she could lead a better life than being with someone who couldn’t even protect her from hurting.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

It has been a month since they broke up. And it has been a month since the last time he met her. After they broke up, he tried to heal his heart by making himself busy with work and stuff but it didn’t work.

Everywhere he goes, it will kept remind him of the girl. There’s no moment that he didn’t think about the girl. Not even a second.

His life was always filled with her jokes, smiles and laughs but not now. It’s empty. He felt like his life was nothing without her or the exact word was he can’t live without her.

“Haknyeon, you know what?” The girl said while the vanilla ice-cream in her hand.

“Um?” He answered.

“I never feel this happy before. I though it’s all just a dream that I finally meet a super rich guy who has interests in me but it’s not. He’s here, in front of me.” She said.

“Did you perhaps like me because of my money?” Haknyeon’s eyes widened.

“Maybe?” She giggled, “Of course not. Why would I want your money? I would rather work my off and find for money.”

“I know you’re that type of girl. I never wrong in judging someone.” He smiled.

“But you know, Haknyeon. It’s almost impossible for us to be together.” She said in a slow voice.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because we’re different. We live in the same world but we’re totally opposites of each other,” She paused, “You have money, I don’t have money. You have family, I don’t have anyone. You have the fame, I own nothing.”

“Yah--- Why would you say that?” He startled with the girl’s words because there's not even a word he could deny.

“Even if I do love you, I couldn’t have you by my side. But still, I want you to stay by my side. I don’t want to lose you.” Minyoung said with a smile pasted on her face as if there's 101 secrets is hiding behind the smile.

He was walking along the streets when he saw a familiar figure walked on the same path as him. He fastened his walk and stopped right in front of her.

“It has been a long time, Jung Minyoung.” Haknyeon greeted her.

“Hak--- Haknyeon, what are you doing here?” She stuttered when she saw a figure she didn’t see for a long time.

“This is my country. Why shouldn’t I be here?” He tried to be friendly when the fact was he amused that he could finally bumped into the girl after a month they break up.

“Oh, right.” She paused, “I think I need to go now.” She said and excused herself from the boy.

“Oh yes.” Haknyeon let the girl go as he wasn’t in the place to hold onto the girl; but at least he could see her face.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“Are you okay?” Haknyeon asked as he grabbed onto the girl who almost fall from a chair.

“Yeah.” She answered.

Haknyeon stunned as soon as he heard her voice. It’s her voice… He never thought that after the last meeting. he would bump into her again as if it's all destiny.

“Hak--- Haknyeon.” Minyoung startled when she saw he’s the one who save her from end up on the floor.

“Minyoung, are you okay?” A guy came out of nowhere.

Haknyeon who was there stayed silent as he saw there’s a smile formed on the girl’s face when she looked at him.

How much he has been missing that smile? He sighed.

“Haknyeon, thank you.” She said and again, she left him behind as if she never knows him before.

She walked beside the guy and entered the café. Haknyeon looked at her with no expression on his face as he tried to understand why the girl did that to him. Well, they broke up. There’s nothing left between two of them, so it’s not even weird for her to find a replacement of him.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“Minyoung, are you sure you’re fine?” He asked as soon as he saw a tears coming out from her eyes.

“I’m okay.” She started sobbing as she said that.

“You are not.” He said and took a peek at the girl who was hiding her face.

“I miss him. I miss him so much but I can’t hold onto him.” She said.

“Who?” He frowned.

“Why would we break up if we love each other? Why would people care about status when we love each other? Why there’s no one who could understand our love?” The tears kept flowing out. “I love him, Chanhee. More than anything.” She wiped her tears.

“Why do you even think of someone who didn’t care about you?” He asked sarcastically even the fact was he hated it. He hates the fact that Minyoung never see him when he’s the one who always there by her side when she’s having a hard time.

“I know right. Why would I think about him?” She forced a smile.

“Haknyeon. Joo Haknyeon.” She called him for few times but there’s no answer.

She gave up and took a sit on the sofa; grabbed the remote control and switched on the television.

“Wow, its High Society.” Her favourite drama as of now.

“What are you watching, girl?” Haknyeon approached her and took a sit beside her before putting his hand around her shoulders.

Minyoung slowly leaned her head onto the guy’s shoulder.

“Um, just a drama that has the same storyline as our love story.” She said. “Haknyeon, do you ever think we could be together?”

“Of course we can.” He said confidently.

“Are you sure your mum going to like me? I have nothing Haknyeon. Nothing.” Her eyes still on the screen.

“I’ll make sure that she will accept you no matter what happened.” He pinched her cheek.

“Whatever.” She said as she didn’t feel confident with what he said.

“You don’t trust me?” Hwanhee asked.

“Um.” She replied.

“Minyoung?” Chanhee tapped her shoulder when he saw she was spacing out.

“Yeah?” She answered.

“You should just go home and rest.” He suggested.

“Maybe I should do that.” Minyoung went to the store room to take her stuff.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

She walked with no direction to go. She walked and walked and there’s no stop for her journey. Her tears kept flowing out from her eyes as she never ever tried to hold it back.

“Joo Haknyeon,” She sobbed. “Haknyeon.”

“Why all of these things happened to us? How could people be so cruel? I have no one in this world except you, Hwanhee. I have no one.” She stopped, “When will I ever stop loving you? I know it’s a mistake from the first I met you. You shouldn’t talk to me back then, Joo Haknyeon. You shouldn’t help me back then. You shouldn’t even exist in my life. My life is just fine before I met you.” She mumbled alone.

Out of sudden, she slipped and fell onto the ground. That was when she burst into tears even more.

Haknyeon who was watching her from afar eventually heard all of her words. He never knows that his existence in her life could bring countless of problems to the girl. He never thought that the girl would get hurt to that extent.

He wanted to grab that hand so bad, but he couldn’t. He wanted to hug her so bad, but he couldn’t. Why? He’s the one who refused to do so.

He thought that he could live without her when obviously he couldn’t. He’s longing for her, every single day in his life.

He tried to approach the girl when suddenly someone approached her first.

“Minyoung-ah, what happened?” Chanhee helped her to stand up.

Haknyeon stopped himself from moving and watched them.

“I love him, Chanhee. I love him so much.” She said while sobbing.

“Can you stop talking about him?!” He shouted which made the girl startled. “Can’t you see me who was standing right in front of you? Who was the one who always be by your side when you’re having a hard time? It’s me Minyoung; it has been always ing me who was there for you.”

“Don’t you see me, Jung Minyoung? Am I invisible to you, huh?” He held onto both of her shoulders, “Look into my eyes.” He asked, but the girl refused.

“I said look at me!” Minyoung gave up when he shouted, “There’s no place for me to stay in your heart?”

“Wake up, Minyoung. Wake up. He’s not even there when you need him.” He shook her body as she didn’t stop crying.

“But I love him.” She kept repeating the same word again and again.

“Jung Minyoung.” She heard a familiar voice called for her name.

She turned around and could see the person she really didn’t want to meet was standing with a couple of tears running down his cheeks.

“How can you ever show your face in front of her after what you did to her?” Chanhee walked towards Haknyeon and grabbed him by his collar.

Ary who was there watching the whole situation, wiped her tears and went to Chanhee and Haknyeon; asking him to let go her ex-boyfriend. “Let him go, Choi Chanhee.”

“After what he did to you, you still love him?” Chanhee let him go and turned his attention to the girl.

“I’m---” She stuttered.

She was so brave before tell everyone that she still loves the guy named Joo Haknyeon but now when he’s right in front of her, she wasn’t sure.

Whether she still loves him or not?

Whether she still needs him or not?

Whether… he still loves her or not?

“See? You’re not even sure with your own feeling.” Chanhee said sarcastically.

“No, it’s not like that.” She confused.

She turned her face and stared deeply into the brown eyes she has been missing so much. She tried to find the answer she needs in those eyes even if she didn’t know if the answer is there or, not.

“I love him.” She said.

Haknyeon's lips curved upwards as soon as he heard that word.

“Wh--- What?” Chanhee's eyes widened.

“I know he hurts me a lot. I know he wasn’t there when I need him. I know I’m not supposed to be with him. I know---.” Haknyeon cut her words.

“Shh.” He put his finger on her lips to stop her from talking. He put both of her hand in his.

“I’m sorry that I hurt you a lot. I’m sorry that I wasn’t there for you when you need me.” He paused, “But do know that you are everything to me. I don’t need anyone else in my life except you, Minyoung. You’re the only one I need in my life.”

“I know it might be hard for us but I promise we will be together, no matter what happened to us. I will be by your side and always be. I promise.” He continued.

“No. There’s only one thing you need to promise me.” She smiled.

“What is it?” Haknyeon asked.

“Never say sorry.” She said.

“So, I think I should go.” Chanhee interrupted their moments.

“I’m sorry Chanhee that she has always been mine and forever will.” He passed a smile to Chanhee.

“It’s okay. Just take care of her.” He tapped his back. “But if I ever see you hurt her or make her cry, again, that’s when I will take her away from you, as far as possible.”

“Don’t worry. I won’t.” He smiled and hugged Minyoung.

“Then, have fun.” He excused himself from the couple.

They watched Chanhee walked away from them.

“I should have accepted his heart back then." Minyoung said bluntly.

“What?” Haknyeon looked at her as if he’s going to kill her.

“Kidding,” She paused. “But he’s a nice guy. Better than you.” She giggled.

“Jung Minyoung, seriously?” Haknyeon didn’t feel good with the situation.

“I love you, Joo Haknyeon.” Minyoung said.

“That’s not going to settle anything.” He sulked.

“Then let’s break up again.” She said with no expression.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” He suddenly begged her.

“Let’s just break up that’s better, right?” She walked away from the boy.

“So you will go to Chanhee? Hell no!” He whined.

“So you do jealous, huh?” She smirked.

“I’m not, okay.” He rolled his eyes.

“What should we do with your mum?”

“We’ll figure out that later.”

“You’re not going to say that you love me?”

“Um, no.” He shook his head.

“So, bye.” She said.

She left the boy behind when suddenly she could feel someone was back hugging her.

“I love you.” He whispered.

 

[2495 words]