Wake Up

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Eric, Baek Harin (o/c) ft. Sunwoo
Brief descriptions: Eric has a crush on his own bestfriend though she's already has a boyfriend.

 


 

“Eric, what are you doing there?” The voice startled him which made the book he held before fell onto the ground.

“Uh, nothing.” He took the book from the floor and walked away from the girl.

“What is wrong with him?” She said when suddenly someone came and put his arms around her waist.

“What are you doing here?” He asked while smiling.

“Nothing, it’s just that I saw Eric doing something, Ericrd?” She giggled.

“Ignore him. He’s always like that.” He said.

“Okay.” She pinched his cheeks.

“Baek Harin!” Someone called her name.

“Yes?” She turned around as she answered it.

“Mr. Park wants to see you, at office.” One of her classmate said.

“Oh, okay.” She nodded. “I need to go.” She turned her attention to the boy who was still has his hand around her waist.

“Um,” He whined before letting her go.

“See you later, Kim Sunwoo.” She waved her hand towards the boy while walking out from the class.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“What are you doing here?” She tapped Eric’s shoulder who was sitting on the stairs.

“Oh, Harin.” He passed a smile towards the girl.

“Do you know that you look kinda off these days?” She said to him.

“Am I?” He giggled before continue staring at the sky.

“Yeah, is there anything disturbing your mind lately?” She asked concernedly.

“Harin-ah,” He paused, “What will you do if you know someone’s secret and you want to tell someone but you can’t?”

“Why would you tell someone’s secret to someone else?” She looked at him with a Ericrd expression.

“Because it’s something that involves her.” He looked at her.

“Oh, so it’s about a girl. I see.” She nodded her head.

“I want to tell her so bad but I was afraid that she might get hurt by it.” He explained.

“Then don’t tell her. Keep it.” She said bluntly.

“Do you think I should do that?” He asked.

“Yeah, sometimes hiding a bad secret for someone’s sake is a good thing.” She shrugged.

“Okay, will do.” He wasn’t sure with his own answer.

“So, mind to tell me who is that girl?” She asked.

“You know her.” Eric said.

“Really?” She felt excited as soon as she heard it.

“Baek Harin.” Someone called for her name.

Both of them turned their body around to see who it was.

“Oh, Kim Sunwoo.” She smiled as soon as she saw her boyfriend.

“What are you guys doing here?” He asked.

“Talk?” Eric said while shrugging.

“It’s nothing Sunwoo. Just Eric doesn’t feel really well lately.” Harin wrapped her arms around Sunwoo’s.

“Eric, see you later.” She waved her hand at him before pulled Sunwoo away from there.

“Uh, sure.” He said but wasn’t sure if the girl heard it as she looked too excited when she saw her boyfriend.

“Only if you know what he did to you.” He sighed.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“Baek Harin, what are you going to do without me?” Eric said while helping her with her assignment.

“I know right. What would I do without you?” She smiled.

“You know that you owe a lot of thing from me right?” He said cheekily.

“I know, Eric. I know.” She rolled her eyes. “So what do you want your highness, Son Youngjae?”

“I feel great every time you called me by my real name.” He giggled.

“By the way, why did you use Eric?” She asked.

“Did you forget about it? You’re the one who kept calling me Eric back then.” Eric explained.

“Oh really?” She cleaned up the mess on the table and put her stuff in her bag.

“Harin.” Eric called her name.

“Yes?” She lifted he eyebrows.

“What will you do if Sunwoo cheats on you?” Eric sudden question startled the girl.

“What do you mean by that?” Harin replied his question with a question.

“In case.” He said.

“I don’t know what I will do. I’m not sure but maybe kill the girl?” She laughed as soon as she said that.

“That was how deep your love to him?” Eric kept asking.

“Yes, I love him. Really love him.” She nodded while smiling and with her eyes closed.

She looked so adorable when she did that except the fact Eric is not the reason behind the smile.

I see. There’s no place for me to be in your heart. He really wanted to say those words out loud but he didn’t have that courage to say it.

“What are we going to do next?” Harin asked.

“Don’t you have a date with Eric?” He felt Ericrd when she asked that question.

“Um. Not today. Sunwoo has other thing to do today.” She said.

“Oh,” He paused. “Where should we go?”

“I’m not sure… Amusement park?” She gave a suggestion.

“Isn’t that a place you need to go with Eric?” He grinned.

“Come one,Eric. You are my boyfriend too. I mean my best boy-friend.” She hit his arms as a joke.

“Oh yes. Best boy-friend.” He nodded.

I think I know now how the feel of getting friend zone by someone you love.

“So let’s go.” She linked her arms around Eric's.

Eric startled by her action but acted cool with it. He shouldn’t show that he feel nervous every time Harin approached him.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“What should we do now?” The girl asked as soon as they reached their destination.

“First, we should buy a ticket.” Eric said and dragged the girl to the counter.

“Are you going to pay for me?” Harin asked when she saw Eric taking out his wallet from his jean.

“I’m so broke today, Baek Harin.” He paused.

“Then why are you taking out your wallet?” She asked.

“Because…” He took something out from his wallet. “I’m going to use this coupon.”

He showed the coupon to the girl with a really bright smile pasted on his face.

“So we’re going to enter the park for free?” She lifted her eyebrows while asking.

Eric nodded his head and passed the coupon towards the worker who was patiently waiting for them to pay as there are too many people lining up behind them as of now.

“This is so cool. Dinner is on me today.” Harin said as she thought Eric shouldn’t spend money on her.

“Deal. That’s what a rich girl should do.” He ruffled the girl’s hair.

“I’m not rich. My dad is. But well.” She let out a small laugh.

Eric was captivated by the smile. It’s so beautiful. He could look at that smile for the rest of his life and never get bored of it.

I feel happy that at least I could be one of the reasons behind your smile.

“You should keep that smile, Baek Harin.” He smiled.

“Why?” She frowned.

“Because my life shines brighter every time you smile.” He cheekily said.

“Oh my God, Son Youngjae. Since when did you learn those cheesy words?” She cringed over it.

“It’s cheesy right?” He giggled.

But I really meant it, Baek Harin.

“Don’t you ever say that to any other girl. They might end up slapping you.” She laughed so hard.you mean that I could say those words only to you right?” Eric lifted his right eyebrows and smirked.

“As long as you didn’t say that in front of Kim Sunwoo.” She whispered, “He might get mad at you and punch you in the face.”

“I couldn’t even get close to you when Sunwoo is around you, okay? He was so possessive and acts like you’re his wife.” He complained.

“He’s cute right? I still remember the first time he asked me to be his girlfriend back then.” She grinned as if she has the moments in her mind.

“Okay look. I’m not here because I want to hear your story about Sunwoo.” He eventually feels annoyed with it.

“Sorry. I don’t know why I feel so excited and happy every time I talk about him.” She giggled. “Plus do you know Youngjae? You’re the only one I have after Sunwoo. I don’t even have any friend at school.”

“Sure you are a loner.” Eric just nodded in agreement.

"So, where do you want to go now?” Harin tried to change the topic of their conversation.

“There.” Eric pointed out to somewhere around them.

“Viking?” Harin’s eyes widen as she scared of that kind of ride.

“Yes, let’s go.” Eric grabbed her hand and dragged her to the ride.

“Are you sure you want to do this, Eric?” She put force in her legs to stop Eric from moving.

Eric stopped and turned his body around just to see Harin’s pale face.

"Are you okay?” Eric approached Harin and put her hand on her cheeks.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” She held Eric’s hand that was on her cheeks and takes it down. “It’s just that I’m scared even with the thought of riding it.”

“Uh,” He panicked. “We should not do that then.”

“Should we go and grab some churros? You love churros, right?” He said to make the girl feel better.

They walked with each other by their side but there’s no one who dare to talk anything. Eric was still panicking over Harin’s pale face while Harin still having some scary thoughts of riding the Viking.

“Harin-ah.” He started the conversation.

“Yes.” Harin replied.

“You should just sit here and let me go and buy it.” He asked Harin to sit on the bench near them.

“But I promised that I will treat you.” She refused to do what he asked her to do.

“No. Just sit here.” Eric forced her to sit by pushing her down and put her down on the bench. “Wait for me here.”

Eric walked away from the girl to buy churros. Harin who was left alone then took out her phone from her bag.

“He didn’t call me at all, today.” She mumbled alone when there’s no message or call from Sunwoo.

She typed something and clicked the send button.

`Where are you?`

She swung her legs as she waited for both of Eric and Sunwoo. Suddenly, her phone buzzed. She smiled as soon as she saw the sender of the message.

`I’m out with my mum. She forced me to follow her. I’m sorry, girl. Talk to you later. She really hates it when I used my phone while I’m with her.`

She just smiled at the message and locked her phone. Then, she put her phone back in the bag.

She looked around the park as it’s full with people and most of them were couple. That’s when she saw a really familiar figure was walking 10 metres away from her with a girl by his side. And surprisingly, the girl was linking her arms in his and yes, she knows the girl so well too.

She stared at them and blinked her eyes for few times to make sure that she wasn’t imagining things. Even if she blinked her eyes for thousands of times, the result was still the same. It’s them.

“Harin.” Eric walked towards her with a smile pasted on his face and churros in his hand but his smile faded away when he saw Harin’s serious expression.

“Are you oka---” He asked the girl and at the same time turned his attention to where the girl was looking at.

Eric who saw what she looked at then stood right in front of her to block her views.

“Move, Son Youngjae.” She stand up and pushed Eric aside.

“No.” Again, he tried to block her views.

“So I’m not imagining things, huh? That’s really him?” She asked Eric.

Eric startled by the question and there’s an obvious panic expression on his face.

“So is this the secret you talked about? Is this the secret you want to tell her but you don’t because you afraid that she’ll get hurt? Is this the reason why you asked me what will I do if Sunwoo cheats on me?” She glared at him. “You know all of this from the start right?”

“Uh, it’s not like that Harin.” He stuttered.

“You know about this but you didn’t tell me about it? How could you do this to me Son Youngjae? How could you?” She burst into tears.

“Harin-ah.” He went speechless.

Before Eric could explain anything, Harin approached the couple who was standing not far from them. She tapped Sunwoo’s shoulders as she wiped her tears.

“Hi.” She said with a fake smile pasted on her face.

“Baek--- Baek Harin, what are you doing here?” Sunwoo startled when he saw his girlfriend stand right in front of him.

“I think I should be the one who asked you that question. What are you doing here, Kim Sunwoo? Is this the girl you said as your mum and she hates so much when you’re texting with someone else while you’re with her?” She said sarcastically.

“Harin-ah, it’s not like what you think.” The girl grabbed her left hand but she snapped it real quick.

“Don’t. You. Dare. To. Touch. Me.” She gave a warn to her.

“Baek Harin, don’t raise your voice at her!” Sunwoo said in a high tone voice.

“Huh,” She grinned. “So, you really want to back up this girl, huh? Go ahead. I don’t need you though.” She said and turned around.

“Oh yes.” She stopped and turned her body again. “From now on, you and me, we’re done.”

“But Ha---.” Sunwoo wanted to say something but Harin cut his words.

“Chaeyoung-ah, I just want to warn you. If Sunwoo could do this to me, it’s not even Ericrd if he could cheat on you next.” She took a deep breath before she could continue the next words. “Wow, I couldn’t believe that the guy in front of me was the one who begged me so hard to be his girlfriend. The one who was trying so hard to have a special spot in my heart. Maybe I was the one who stupid back then, to believe that you really love me.”

“But I love you, Baek Harin.” Sunwoo said and received a glare from Chaeyoung.

“Love? What do you mean by love? Don’t you ever dare say that you love me in front of the girl you were having a date now. That’s so rude Kim Sunwoo. You should learn about manners first.” She hit Sunwoo’s arms lightly for few times.

“So, enjoy your date. I will enjoy mine.” She said and started to walk away from the couple.

“Wait, who is here with you?” Sunwoo stopped her by grabbing onto her arms.

“Son Youngjae a.k.a Eric a.k.a my best boy-friend a.k.a my everything, you could call him anything equivalent to those words.” She snapped her hand from his.

Sunwoo then looked around to find for Eric. Eric who was standing not too far from them startled when he had an eye contact with Sunwoo. He avoided the death glare was given by him and decided to put his eyes on Harin who was walking towards him instead.

Harin grabbed Eric’s left hand as soon as she reached him and dragged him away from there. Sunwoo who saw it, out of sudden clenched his teeth. Even if it’s over and there’s nothing left between two of them, he couldn’t lie to himself that he still loves her.

He still loves her despite of having someone else by his side right now.

When Harin sure that they’re far from people, she stopped and slowly let Eric's hand go.

“Harin---” Eric tried to touch her shoulders but she avoided it.

He could hear someone was sobbing and he’s sure that it’s Harin.

“Are you okay?” He stands right in front of the girl and he saw tons of tears flowing out from the girl’s deep brown eyes.

“Why Youngjae, why? Why he did this to me? What did I do to deserve this?” She said while sobbing.

“Shh.” Eric took the girl into his embrace. “You’re not the one who is wrong, Baek Harin. It was him. He didn’t deserve you.”

“But I thought he loves me.” Harin said.

“Maybe his loves to you wasn’t really deep. Maybe he didn’t love you as much as…” He stopped, “Nevermind.” He caressed the girl’s hair.

“You’re not going to leave me right?” She asked.

“Of course I won’t.” He said to calm her down.

“I have no one anymore, Eric. I only have you.” She still cries.

“I promise I will never ever leave you alone and I will never ever hurt you like what he did to you.” He promised her.

“But Eric, why are you always here for me? Why it has always been you?” She broke the hug and wiped her tears.

“Are you sure you want to know the reason now?” Eric said and she nodded her head.

“You won’t regret it?” Harin shook her head.

“Um.” He stopped.

“Just tell me by now.” She slightly smiled.

“Because you’re everything to me. You’re the reason I could finally gain my will to stay alive again when I thought everything has come to an end. You’re the reason behind my smile. You’re the reason I could get through my daily life. Even if I couldn’t own you by myself, I was happy enough to have you by my side. I was so grateful that I could have a girl like you in my life. You’re totally an angel that was sent by God to me. I’m just so happy that I could be a part of your life.” He felt grateful that he finally could say those words he wanted to say.

“You never say this before.” Harin helplessly smiled to his words.

“It’s because you’re someone else’s back then. Now that you’re not I think I could let out the words I’ve wanted to say for a long time.” He said.

“What is it?” She was excited waiting for it.

“I love you.” Eric said and hugged the girl tightly as if he will never let her go, again.

 

[3013 words]